Hollow Moon Beta 1 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Hollow Moon Beta 1 has been released (thanks |dub| for the screenshot):
The game is a first person, single player shooter which main purpose is to provide Science-Fiction, but in visualy beliveble way. Strong mistery atmosphere and interest to find out what happened, how it happened and whats the source to the problems is. Those are the main motivators to play this game. The best feature is that you feel very strongly your presense inside this station, you feel very well the mass of the objects, structures, and the fact that you are on the moon, and allmost alone.
You can download the mod here (55 MB.)

I

Ivan T [ivangraphics]

WAIT

Sorry file planet is so slow. itll take few hours to have the file avalible, and i hope the lines will not be to long.

a FileFront mirror is not the way.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
anybody wanna post some first person screenshots? (the ones on the site aren't very good...unless tehre aren't first person weapon models...)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Well I've just tried it.
-The intro looks nice... but seems a bit random. Does'nt really have a story to it.

- The levels are quite nice and well designed and I do like the black and white theme that runs throughout the whole game. It's fairly stylish with some nice static meshes.

-The downside for me was the enemies... that look like you do.. and are super white... just look kinda wierd. (Also those models could be better IMHO) I'd of liked some more original opponents.
Also I only really got to use one weapon (the one from the pics) - the plasma gun - which I really didnt like. The model looks ok... but the shots are just white blobs... dunno - again seems like they could have come up with something a bit more inovative.

All in all it looks quite nice though... and it's only in beta i stage I guess.
Here are some ingame shots. (I really havent taken out any colour :) that's what it looks like ingame)

Attachments

• HM1.jpg
    HM1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 162
  • HM2.jpg
    HM2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
OK, can anyone else get this to RUN? It installed OK, but when I doubleclick on the batch file it just brings up the normal 2K4 menu. Can't access it from the normal mod list either.

I

iVANGRAPHICS [ivan t]

RUN

There are instructions on the homepage:

Run the BAT file
select "instant action"
choose "HOLLOW MOON" [its the only option you have, all the ut gametypes should be hiden].
Run the "HM-EnterTheStation" map

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
Well, item for beta 2: a real frontend :p