USA/Canada Lets Get Organized!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

:~:Ashes

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
Alright.

Something I've noticed here.

<OL TYPE=1>
<LI>Alot of people in the US and Canada play UT.
<LI>Alot of people in Europe play UT.
<LI>The European players have a very central clan base with Unreality.org, and what seems to be a very active clan scene.
<LI>USA/Canada has a very spread out clan scene with very little organization. And with very little support other than the general support provided by PU, League of choice seems to be the OGL. But other than that the clan scene is very fragmented...with most clans communicating with each other via clan page message boards....that is...if you know the clans.
</OL>

So I guess what I'm getting at here is this.

Is there a central base for the USA/Canada clan community.

And

If there isn't, how many people would be interested in centralizing the USA/Canada UT Clan scene on one domain?

No I'm not trying to steal any fire from PU or any other domain out there that covers the game as a fan site. But a clan community is alot more than what the generality of a fan site can address.

Gimme some responses....I'd like to see what you think.

Stay cool,

------------------
~Money
Founder, Savage eXtreme[SeX]
ngUID:901039
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>That'll teach you to lick my muffin!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Moneyshot[SeX] (edited 03-29-2000).]

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
I know its early out there people but come on...just a few coherent thoughts. ;-)

I've got alot of webspace on a domain thats doing nothing and this is a pretty tight idea.

Throw me a bone here already. ;-)

Stay cool,

bullet2.gif

~Money
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>That'll teach you to lick my muffin!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
Please tell me some americans and canadians read this forum.

I don't wanna clan up with a buncha yourapeeins.

;-P

Stay cool,

bullet2.gif

~Money

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
Come on now.

People are replying to that silly Q3 vs UT post and they're not replying to this?

This is a serious survey...give me some input before I do something silly like file for a domain name change without getting you alls' very qualified opinions.

Peace,

bullet2.gif

~Money

[This message has been edited by Moneyshot[SeX] (edited 03-29-2000).]

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Well I'm rather new to the clan scene. Most of the "elite" clans hang out at unreality.org. And yes the OGL is the ladder of choice. Right now the Teamplay Invitational (www.teamplay.net) is being played to determine the best of the best (North American-wise).

bullet2.gif

[MsR]Evil_Beaver

awaiting the hour or reprisal, your time slips away

[This message has been edited by [PuF]Evil_Beaver (edited 03-29-2000).]

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
Wow one response. Thanks Evil for taking the time.

Come on folks...give me a few more opinions here. I stayed up all night last night working on site designs and I'd like to know what you think. What would YOU the US/CAN UT Clan Community like a site to offer you.

Forums is a foregone conclusion ;-)

Gimme some more feedback on this please. I'm hot on the idea. And I just may do it anyways...since my domain is doing pretty much nothing right now anyways.

Peace,

bullet2.gif

~Money

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
i dont see what your trying to do here. you cant "centralize" a community as big as this. In unreal you could cause not maybe people played online, but UT is in the major prime time.

for your information, Unreality hosts north american clans as well as Europeans. most of the top clans have forums and/or webpages hosted on Unreality.

im not trying to make it sound like you shouldnt try to make something of your idea, but im just saying the community is too big for it. all these thousands of UT sites are there for a reason, just like the thousands of quake sites.

What you should focus on, is to make a site dedicated to covering the hardcore clan scene and content associated with that. no general news, thats what sites like PU are for.

if you come up with something unique and appealing to the clan scene, i dont see why people wouldnt be interested.

if you wanna talk more about it, icq me at 32232649

bullet2.gif

$GB$Voyd

Arato

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
I think this is because most of us americans dont like canada. any way, this aint the place for such a rant so i'll save it for later.

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
HELLO? It's 3 in the morning! You expect us to be UP that late at night reading the PU forums? Sheesh! Not to be rude or anything, but man...

And in response to the person who said it's because most Americans hate Canada...well most Americans are STUPID! Canada is SO much better! Better cities, lower crime rate, more avaiable broadband(hint hint), I could go on forever. And keep in mind that I'm an American too, I was born in Seattle and lived in Oregon almost all my so far very short life! I have NO idea why people hate Canada(except UKers, I can see why they would hate them)!

Getting that aside, yes that would be an excellent idea. Make it easy! I'd recommend making a program to manage the guild(once I learn Windows programming I'd do that), but if nobody can program then, well, you're kind of lost. Someone working on it should know CGI or Perl.

Kukuman

bullet2.gif

Decaf! Oh no! Decaf bad bbbbbbad! Decaf oh nononononono! Get that out of my e-mail!

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee."

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
i swear i was asked to be in more clans in Tribes then Tom Cruis getting paid for the Mission:Impossible. I was in a clan for a while sucked, so i quite, then i started my own with a couple of friends, went to the ruins, then i havnt been in a clan since, and dont plan on being in one.

bullet2.gif

**"Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car."-Evan Davis

**"Women need a reason to have sex - men just need a place." - Billy Crystal.

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
i swear i was asked to be in more clans in Tribes then Tom Cruis getting paid for the Mission:Impossible. I was in a clan for a while sucked, so i quite, then i started my own with a couple of friends, went to the ruins, then i havnt been in a clan since, and dont plan on being in one.

bullet2.gif

**"Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car."-Evan Davis

**"Women need a reason to have sex - men just need a place." - Billy Crystal.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Don't be talking smack about Canadians. Voyd is really good - you've been warned.

I don't see this happening here at PU - we're just not that clan-oriented. Why are the Europeans so well organized with clans? Remember your old world history, and how they fought wars like crazy over there? Now they do it online. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

JESUS CHRIST

Masterful
Feb 23, 2000
Red Bank, NJ
Visit site
It was a joke. you obviously never saw South Park: The Movie. By the way I'm pretty damned good myself &lt;patting my own back&gt; /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Don't make me headshot you in the nuts again.
ngid 620147

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
For the record, our National Anthem is NOT sung to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree". /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Morety[PuF] - Betcha can't eat just one...well c'mon...EAT ME!