Noob Tips.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
Yup. Here's what we have so far.

XMPHints(0)="Standing in lava gives you health points."
XMPHints(1)="Protect turrets by building force walls around them."
XMPHints(2)="Make sure your turrets face a wall to increase their efficiency."
XMPHints(3)="Players marked with skull icons are dangerous. Avoid them at all costs!"

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
lol... i think the only tip they need is this one...

XMPHints(?)="if you do not know what you are doing spamm the message... I am a noob kill me!"
XMPHints(?)="if you do are completely lost in a map spamm the message... I am a noob please help me find the next deploy point the quickest way possible!"

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
XMPHints(5)="If all else fails, be a retard and gas till you die."
XMPHints(6)="Turrents in mass numbers, although bad to server, become lame to everyone on apposing team."

Dragon_X

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 1, 2003
ok lets get some real hints

XMPHints(8)="Ok the way to play is to use your health packs as a weapon,"
XMPHints(9)="When all else fails become a ranger and throw health packs at enemies running from a fight"

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
XMPHints(10)="Placing turrets and mines will give your team more energy"
XMPHints(11)="Gas does not hurt your team mates"
XMPHints(12)="Team members do not need to be told the location of your mines. They will find them themselves"

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
XMPHint(13)="Placing land mines in hte open is a good idea because the enemy is bound to set it off"
XMPHint(14)="Stay away from the arti node, taking an arti will only harm your team's chance of winning"
XMPHint(13)="To win, gas, gas, and gas some more, until everyone is dead"

{DE}Rarhok

May 16, 2004
XMPHints(20)="Bind your primary fire to the PrintScreen key for quicker responses and efficient memory usage."
XMPHints(21)="Running backwards is 4x faster than running forward."

Spacelord (GER)

Apocalypse Dude
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
XMPHint(16) = Don`t move fast / jump / dodge cos this makes you easier to spot. If an enemy has spotted you, stand still and you will be harder to kill.
XMPHint(17) = Don`t move while shooting, this will increase your aiming skill.
XMPHint(18) = You can link with every weapon in xmp like with the link gun in UT2k3/4. Just shoot at your buddys.
XMPHint(19) = Vehicles at your base can`t be used until the `driver-bot´ spawns. This can take some minutes. Just wait near the vehicle. (He wears a jelly bag cap and is smaller than the regular player)
XMPHint(20) = Don`t let teammates get in your vehicle, they can push you out of the car. The more player use the same vehicle the slower it is.
XMPHint(21) = Cheaters have colored and weird Nicknames. Don`t let them cap artis, better tk them close to the node.
XMPHint(22) = Energy depends on killed enemys and captured artis.
XMPHint(23) = Juggernauts flamethrower is one of the most effective weapons in xmp. Killing three enemys in a row will launch the secret nuclear missle.
XMPHint(24) = Gas grenates can be used to heal several mates at the same time.
XMPHint(25) = Use the sniperrifle, assault rifle or pistol to kill player sitting in vehicles (you can use the vehicle later by yourself)
XMPHint(26) = You can`t hack doors except you are a tech. Search the bodies of killed enemys for the key.
XMPHint(27) = Master Server down? Just reinstall xmp.

Last edited:

Astmatik

ONE DAY \o/
Jan 9, 2004
Poland
XMPHints(28)="While standin near teammate flamethrow him and revive for a while - he's gonna love it."

Last edited:

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Damn you guys! :mad: This is not what i was hoping this thread to turn out to!

You guys are soooo inconsiderate for the noobies! How are we going to get them to enjoy the game without any tips or pointers loading splash screens!?

OK now, lets all try again. :)

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Ok, to get back to the topic

Something that might be worth spending some time on is a tutorial map, just going over the basics. U2XMP has one, but I think most people fell asleep before the end of it :)

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Yeah, the tutorial in U2XMP was too flashy and dragged. Thet need something more simpler and straight forward.

I just feel that the combination of the game being sorta confusing for them aswell as being laggy with bad handling vehicles is what turned off alot of people in the beginning.

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
My experience with the xmp tutorial:

WWHHSSHHHEEEEOOOOOMMMMMM
(sound effect for object flashing onto the screen)
mumble mumble mumble mumble blah blah blah
(voiceover narrating the text on the screen)

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Captain Kewl said:
There are plans to do a tutorial map.

Yes, it is extremely needed.

Or it could be replaced with simple one (Kirk):

Step 1: Go to Energy Source
Step 2: Hax
Step 3: Repeat from step 1