A Victim of a Retarded Mouse. (Hardware Problem. Help Me.)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
After thorough research and proper diagnosis, I am now confident in concluding that my mouse is suffering from chronic retardation. Here is my problem.

My mouse, especially when used in XMP, is a complete retard; a lot of times, (using mouse look) I make a quick turns to the left or right to look around, and then, my mouse suddenly stops in place, meaning that it freezes in place somewhere during the turn, severely pissing me off and making me unable to aim and play at my usual standard. Sometimes it happens once in a while, other times, it happens in rapid succession during aim/looking-intensive combat, making me get killed by "n00bs" on occasion, which is quite the ego-raper.

It does this in Doom III as well, though not as much as in XMP; as ****ty as my hardware already is, at least let my mouse do its thing in peace!

I need help.
My mouse is losing its heterosexuality.
It must be rectified immediately.

The weird thing is, my mouse is 100% perfectly fine whenever I am NOT playing a game, as in browsing the internet, using programs, etc. Could this be Direct X related or something? Enlighten me, for I am a callow young grasshopper.

Last edited:

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Dude, your using a low budget mouse or one with a ball? These kinds cant really keep up with fast movements and often results in freesing or that the pointer goes into a different direction. I highly recommend you buy a mouse out of the MX series...

Tell me what mouse are you using.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
My logitech optical mouse that worked fine for a year started doing that to me. Gradually and just a bit annoying at first. I thought it was just apolstery fur from my chair (as I use the right arm of my Lazyboy(tm) as a mouse pad. It just kept getting worse and worse til once it froze in a particularly dire situation- carrying an arti being chased by a rabid pair of gunners forty feet to cap and.....FROZEN! It's a wonder that I niether got any plastic shrapnel in my eyes nor broke the arm of my chair, or lacerated my hand for that matter.
So in the end .....artifact returned....and the next day I went out and got a new optcal mouse. Problem solved.

Brainiacus

Feb 17, 2004
Buy a high-G resistant mouse. Such as the MX510. If it's just with games, try installing mouse drivers or messing with mouse acceleration/smoothing settings. For the latter, the MX510 is recommended too, as it's hardwired to be able to disable mouse acceleration in any games giving a huge aiming advantage.

dude, your mouse and my mouse can hook up. cuz mine is gay too. the left click button is shorting out. so when i try to map, and i have to use the LMB to click and drag, my screen goes all over the place, and i randomly select things. i also some times TK my teammates in XMP because of it. sorry guys.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Well, just for the record; my computer is Sony Vaio; bought it back around 2000 or 2001 or something like that; so my mouse is a regular ol' ball mouse made by Sony...with a mouse wheel. I tinkered around with the Windows XP Device Manager mouse settings, nothing seemed to work for me. Tried disabling mouse smoothing in-game option, did nothing. Tried lowering or increasing mouse sensitivity in-game, nothing. I think my mouse knows that I know it's gay, and it's rebelling against me in a torrent of technological retaliation.

After years of constantly cleaning out the chronic dust buildups that the mouse picks up from the dust-infested mousepad, I guess it's finally coughing out; I guess I will add "good optical mouse" to my list before I go upgrade sometime this year.

Either that or it's unable to handle some aspects of newer games....but it still doesn't change the fact that my mouse has turned gay.

Thrice damn my mouse.

~Stone

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Yeah Stone...Throw the damn thing out, and get a nice logitech optical, or even a logitech track ball...but the newer ones are sweet, they got thumb buttons, and middle mouse scrolly dealies, and like they fit your hand...it's so ****in comfy man...

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
What I used to get on my pc (before I had to reformat the thing) was that demanding games caused the mouse to lag. If you've got XP you can fix this by changing xmp's priority (in the task manager: ctrl+alt+del to bring it up) to below normal. Try it, see if it works. And it doesn't affect the games performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.