My total conversion mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Ok, im making a total conversion of UT2004. Think Doom3ish. Im not copying Doom 3 at all (New creatures, storyline, weapons, models, etc) but I wanted the same kinda feel.

Here are the things i need some help with:

Flashlight - The Assault Rifle (My AR is a real monster, spits a lotta lead >:]) has a flashlight strapped to the side. I need to know if i can make a flashlight beam that lights up what you point it at.

Modelling Hands - So far all my models have no hands, but I want hands to hold the weapons, preform the reload animation, etc. But I need to know if I can model one set and use them for all the weapons (paste them in or something)

Reloading animations - The guns shoot out shells, and the clip is removed when clip is empty. But! Where do I get a new clip to put in? Do I have it hover where the player cant see it? Also, casings. Do I put 60 someodd casing in my gun, or is there someway i can spawn them when you fire?

Custom HUD - I want a new HUD, not this idiotic weapon bar and ammo/health counter. Can I make one? Got any tuts?

EDIT: Also, can I get rid of the stupid weapon bases, glowing weapon base particles, spinning weapon? I also dont want the gun to respawn. I don't want ammo to respawn either. I want the gun to lay on it's side on the ground.

If you can help me with these problems, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Yes on all counts.

You can put a light on the guns, look at the coding forum and the wiki.

Yup and can model seperate hands and guns, but it would be simpler to model one set of hands, and add it to each model.

As for cases, look at the minigun, you can spawn shells, or you could put it in the model, but you would be better off spawning shells.

Yes on the stuff after that too, more later, Im kinda in a hurry right now