PDA

View Full Version : upcoming UT2004 editors choice question

Emmet Otter
18th Aug 2004, 12:04 PM
I was wondering if you guys, FMI, ever discussed this release to be put into the upcoming UT2004 editors choice edition package or have epic ever contacted you guys?

The reason why i ask this cause you both have scheduled your releases around the same time. I think for one, it would be a great benefit for this amazing game (UTXMP) to compiled with all the other custom mods and such to help boost more fans for this spectacular game if included. 2nd, UT2004 would benifit to have this game included with its package to help offer more with its game (and probally be the best addition imo to that package =) 3rd, it would be easier on those poor 56kers to not have to download a large file size.

Im just very curious on this.

RaptoR
18th Aug 2004, 12:08 PM
I don't think that's really up to us :).

Emmet Otter
18th Aug 2004, 12:20 PM
Hmmm. Have you tried to cantact and discuss this with them? Im sure they are aware of what you guys are doing here and may feel not like asking but would accept an offer. Maybe they are wondering if you are going to offer this to them. I absolutly cant see why they would refuse this under all the other custom mods that they are releasing. :)

shoptroll
18th Aug 2004, 12:22 PM
It would be very cool to see XMP bundled in with UT2004, however current rumor has UT2004:ECE set for a late September release, so I think that would be cutting awfully close, provided Epic is actually on time and this rumor is somewhat accurate.

RaptoR
18th Aug 2004, 12:23 PM
I think it's Epic that does the offering, not mod teams :).

Edit: and yes, it would be cutting it pretty close.

Emmet Otter
18th Aug 2004, 12:45 PM
Fellas, im sure epic can postpone/delay their release just a tad for UTXMP. I mean, dude, we are talking about UTXMP HERE!!!! This would be a sweet addition to that game. This would make the entire UT2004 complete. I know they know this, but they are ashamed to ask :D

Someone, e-mail this thread to them!!!!!

*edit* Raptor, how would you feel if epic contacted you guys and offered your UTXMP to be released in the UT2004 ECE?

Bleeder
18th Aug 2004, 07:05 PM
I'm all for it, if only for the 56k'ers.

I bet there are also some XMP fanatics out there who would buy the Editor's Edition even if they already have UT2004, if it had UTXMP on it.

Major-Lee-High
18th Aug 2004, 11:33 PM
It would be awsome to get it on there, definatly get players from that!

Xabora
18th Aug 2004, 11:40 PM
I;d buy it... even if I already have a copy. :D

Pro^Kp
19th Aug 2004, 07:24 AM
i dont have 2k4. and if XMP wasnt coming out on it id never buy it. but if they come on the same disc then its worth it :)

Major-Lee-High
19th Aug 2004, 03:46 PM
2k4 was a good buy imo, it suprised me. I always hated dm styled games with lame fake guns, but the guns in 2k4 actually felt good, and ons/assault are pretty badass. I usually buy UT games for the mods, they always felt like games tossed together just to show the engine off (modder games) but ive actually liked 2k4 better than the mods, which have been a huge dissapointment, imo because of the msuc, too many people started their own things trying to win and either never released or cloned existing safe ideas and left us with crap.