ng stats..HELLO???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Ruiner

Masterful
For those who don't give a crap about logging stats, <READ NO FURTHER>. On the other hand those who do enjoy using them, help a brother out. Have you checked out your stats lately and noticed they are pretty screwed up. I've even observed some veteran's can get quarterly but no weekly ranking. And games are taking a rrreeeaally long time to post if at all. I got a reply email from Netgames USA saying they were going to try to include a fix in the latest patch. Uhh.. too late. Anybody have a clue/ I am unable to get any games logged and no rank. Grrrrr! I'm losing hair here. Thanks for any input. -R

------------------
This is the strangest life, I've ever known

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Well, all of mine seem to be working fine. All the games I play get posted rather quickly, and they all seem on target. Dunno, bro. Sorry /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

The_Ruiner

Masterful
Well, I've emailed Netgames again since this post and asked them to reset mine if possible. I tried everything. Reinstalled UT, altered my nick, changed my password. Updated to 413. No luck.. Is it possible I've disabled them by accident? If so, how would I check? Console? It's a bummer to I WAS maintaining a weekly CTF ranking in the 300-500's. Anyhow,thanks for the feedback. -R

bullet2.gif

This is the strangest life, I've ever known

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
There's a checkbox in one of the preferences menu that says something like "Log ngWorldStats". Also, here's a copy of a section of my UnrealTournament.ini under Engine.StatLog that you might wanna check.

LocalBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/ngStatsUT.exe
LocalBatcherParams=
LocalStatsURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/html/ngStats_Main.html
WorldBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/bin/ngWorldStats.exe
WorldBatcherParams=-d ../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs -g UT
WorldStatsURL=http://www.netgamesusa.com
LocalLogDir=../Logs
WorldLogDir=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs

Of course...now that I think about it, this probably won't help, as it's the server that sends the packets...this is probably all info if you are a server... There's also a section for ngStats (2 lines) in your User.ini. Do a search there for "ng". It's just your password though...doubt that's any help...blah...I'm rambling /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher

[This message has been edited by Temporary Account (edited 03-30-2000).]

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
YES! I have the SAME problem!

ngWorldStats is incredibly screwed up for me. My very first one, the one that I SHOULD be using, used to work fine until, well, who knows when. This is back before 402 came out. Then it got screwed up. None of my games were registering. My brothers play all the time and completely screw up all the settings. I change them, and it creates a new UID. I play online, and all it registers is -1. Yep, if you search for Kukuman in ngWorldStats there's about 5 UIDs, all me, and the first one is old, the last one is new and screwed, and the middle are just screwed beyond belief. I created a new one with a completely different password, and I played on a ngWorldStats enabled server, and logged quite a few kills(around 100) and logged off. It's still not showing up.

Arrgh.

Kukuman

bullet2.gif

Decaf! Oh no! Decaf bad bbbbbbad! Decaf oh nononononono! Get that out of my e-mail!

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee."

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Hey Kuku, just to let you know, it's the servers responsibility to log the games. Sometimes this may take a while, and there is also a known bug where some servers report they are logging, but in actuallity are not.

The best solution for this is to find a few servers with all the settings you like that you know log properly, and stick to them.

Also, as to the password/UID thing. I don't remember exactly where, but I was poking around the ngStats pages, I think in the FAQ somewhere under a question about "Can more than one person use the computer" or something, and they have some tips on how to keep the same UID. You might want to check it out, as it's some stuff you wouldn't normally think about (it's all relating to known bugs that they're working on.)

Hope this helps /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
Sorry...works fine for me also.

It did screw-up alittle here and there but I don't pay that much attention to it. At least until they do that major overhaul that they told me about.

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct, I just shot him!!"