PDA

View Full Version : what MUST be a noob q

EggSuckingLeech
17th Aug 2004, 07:14 PM
Been using UT2Vote for awhile now (v. 42 actually) and there's one thing I just can't correlate. I have my Home key mapped to bring up the vote screen. Sometimes, what comes up is the Client menu and I cannot get to the Vote menu. I wind up having to login as Admin and then I see the voting menu.

What governs this? I can't figure it out and I couldn't find any documentation on this behavior. Thanks.

[HT]‹berByte
17th Aug 2004, 07:32 PM
Under the UT2Vote42.UT2VoteVotingsection of the ut2vote ini file, change GameVoteTime to whatever the timelimit of your server is.

EggSuckingLeech
17th Aug 2004, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but I don't understand that answer. What is happening such that I see the Client menu?

[HT]‹berByte
17th Aug 2004, 09:14 PM
Lol, just do it, GameVoteTime is the amount of time you have to vote after the match has started. If you try to vote during a match, and GameVoteTime has run out, you will get the client menu. So if your matches are set to lets say 20min each, you would then set GameVoteTime to 20, you would then be able to vote whenever you want during a match. And y in gods name do u have such an outdated version of UT2Vote? 4.3 is the latest, and if you know where to look, you can even get UT2Vote44 Beta 5.

EggSuckingLeech
17th Aug 2004, 10:39 PM
thanks. I didn't realize that the time allotted was set different than the game time. I didn't realize that you get the client menu when that time has expired. Thanks. This explanation was much better :)

I'm still on 42. Once 44 comes out, I'll upgrade. I hesitate since I've hacked up my ini so much.

So, if I set this value to a ridiculous number (higher than the game time), I assume I'll never have to worry about it again (?)

[HT]‹berByte
18th Aug 2004, 12:03 AM
No, you just need to set it at exactly the gametime.

EggSuckingLeech
18th Aug 2004, 01:37 AM
but what if I don't have a max time set? For example, my Bombing Run games are set with a MaxTime of 0. Ditto on Assault and Onslaught...

My other games are set to 30 min. But it would be nice to be able to use a value like zero (or some huge number) to represent the desire to vote at ANY time.

[HT]‹berByte
18th Aug 2004, 02:09 AM
hmmmmm..... try setting it to 0 and c if that makes it unlimited, if not post a suggestion on what you want, ut2vote44 in under development right now.

EggSuckingLeech
18th Aug 2004, 01:50 PM
then let this be my request. Please allow me to set GameVoteTime to a number greater than the game time such that I can change my vote at ANY time. This would still allow 0 to mean no re-voting once the game has begun.

thanks!

ProAsm
18th Aug 2004, 03:26 PM
Just set GameVoteTime=60 :)
GameVoteTime=0 will make it so no voting is allowed during the game.

EggSuckingLeech
18th Aug 2004, 04:29 PM
so you're saying that I can set the value to any number even if it's higher than the Game Time? If so, great and I'm all set.