PDA

View Full Version : about coding

Jrubzjeknf
14th Aug 2004, 02:40 PM
After I screwed around with the code of an existing JBAddon, I wanted to compile it back using UCC MAKE. Unfortunately it doesn't do that, since all the references to other .u files are inside the JailBreak.u file. Therefore, my UCC can't compile my modified JBAddon. How do I compile it anyway?

Mychaeel
15th Aug 2004, 09:18 AM
Add the Jailbreak package to your EditPackages list.

Jrubzjeknf
15th Aug 2004, 10:11 AM
lol

so easy. Already made 59 maps to compile all the contents of JailBreak.u seperately. Didn't work though. They were referring to eachother :B :B :B

btw, TY!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Jrubzjeknf
15th Aug 2004, 11:02 AM
Ran into something else: I don't know many codes I should know to proceed with my work. Is there a place where I can quickly find them? Ex. GUI: I decompiled JBAddonProtection and saw JBGUIComponentTrackbar/Option and moCheckBox. I'd like to use a Textbox, but unfortunately, he can't find that one. How is it called or (preferred) where can I look it up?

Mychaeel
16th Aug 2004, 02:46 AM
The best point to look stuff like that up is other code that uses it. Download the UnrealScript sources (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UnrealScript_Source) and a class browser (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UnCodeX) and look into any other class using a text box to find out how they do it. You can use the class browser's full-text search to find a class by any of the (English) captions you see in the user interface.

Otherwise, look at the Unreal Wiki (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/).

Jrubzjeknf
16th Aug 2004, 03:23 AM
TY! (for about the 6th time within 2 days :shy: )

Jrubzjeknf
18th Aug 2004, 05:58 AM
Small problem: The GUI of my addon is coming along. I've got a checkbox and a textbox (defined as moEditBox, don't ask me why). I coded the thing so that when you'd check the checkbox, the textbox will be enabled. Uncheck it, and the textbox will be disabled. That's not the prob. The prob is, that I'd like that when you use this addon for the first time, the checkbox is disabled. This works, but the textbox is still enabled. How do I disable it by default? I know the EnableComponent/DisableComponent command, but the defaultsettings won't take commands, only defenitions. My question: how do I disable the textbox? (by default or by looking whether the checkbox is checked or not)

Mychaeel
18th Aug 2004, 06:46 AM
You could call DisableComponent in your panel's InitComponent function.

Alternatively, you could try setting "MenuState=MSAT_Disabled" in the defaultproperties section for your text box. I haven't seen that being done in any of the stock code (nor have I ever tried it myself), but it might work.

However, there must be some piece of code in your add-on which reflects the saved settings in the add-on's configuration interface (i.e. checks/unchecks the checkbox and fills the text box). You'd probably do that in InitComponent anyway, so that'd be the natural place to enable/disable the text box as well.

Jrubzjeknf
18th Aug 2004, 08:10 AM
ty :). Will try it