PDA

View Full Version : Bots won't use stairs

Nimbostratus
12th Aug 2004, 03:16 AM
I'm nearly done making a map for UT and the bots work fine, except they don't go up and down the stairs (other than jumping off the top of the highest flight of stairs. o_o;; ). Could somebody please tell me how to fix this problem?

quillion
12th Aug 2004, 06:19 PM
I'm nearly done making a map for UT and the bots work fine, except they don't go up and down the stairs (other than jumping off the top of the highest flight of stairs. o_o;; ). Could somebody please tell me how to fix this problem?

depending on the length of the stairs, i find it best to put one node at the top and one at the bottom for short stairs.
For long stairs, do the same but add a one in the middle, seems to work for me.

good luck

Nimbostratus
12th Aug 2004, 07:16 PM
thanks. that got the bots to work on most, though they still won't go up the longest flight of stairs. Also, is there any way to make bots want to stay in one place, such as a sniper ledge?

quillion
12th Aug 2004, 08:28 PM
thanks. that got the bots to work on most, though they still won't go up the longest flight of stairs. Also, is there any way to make bots want to stay in one place, such as a sniper ledge?

yeah, a defensive point will do it, thats what i use anyways:D

oh and for the longest stairs just add/remove nodes up the flight
to get it working. trial and error should sort it:)

Nimbostratus
12th Aug 2004, 08:52 PM
The defense points don't seem to be working.

quillion
13th Aug 2004, 06:07 AM
The defense points don't seem to be working.

ok, try using an ambush point instead.

Cobra Jet
13th Aug 2004, 03:24 PM
It is a easy problem to solve. First if you whant the bot to stay where the defense point is, but sniping = true, whit a value of 100 or 150. For the rest, the pathing stuff, I whould have to see the map. But it could be fix in 5 minutes, for thant cand of problem.