PDA

View Full Version : The Public Release Of My Map: FHI-Encircled!!

Mr Marik
10th Aug 2004, 09:38 AM
I am now ready to release FHI-Encircled, the map I made. Well, altered for a FHI game, but hey, same diff. Note the file size is the size of the map, not the zip it comes in. That zip is around 830kb. Easy to download even for 56kers like myself. Check out what is there. I've included a readme in the zip.

Feel free to post here and comment on something about my map. I'm also welcome to any suggestions for it too. Just remember I'm not that great of a map person (yet), okay? Cool then...enjoy FHI-ENCIRCLED!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/rayoxys/

lordtiger7@hotmail.com -- my email address

Dark_Dust
10th Aug 2004, 01:23 PM
I had a quick look into it and..
Cool map you made there Marik, only i notice that the map has some weird bug(s) with bots.

Bots are crouching and jumping outside the base and after a few jumps they die instantly. It seems to happen randomly as well as near the trees.
First i thought it was a bps hole, but it couldn't be.
Can't figure why they suddenly die.
Also, some bots -as you mentioned- cant climb up to the higher platforms, while others can. ?!

Like said, i had a quick look into it, but will look deeper into it. This is the only thing i found so far.

Parser
10th Aug 2004, 02:24 PM
Bots tend to suicide when the map isn't pathed properly and they don't know where to go. It's a sign that you need to put pathnodes in more areas. ;)

Kaithofis
10th Aug 2004, 02:27 PM
I had ppl dying my map too
removing the Singularity Cannon they were holding solved the problem though

Mr Marik
10th Aug 2004, 09:35 PM
Parser: Like I said, I'm not good at pathing, amongst a few other things. I know they have to be a certain distance apart or something, but I can't seem to do it!!

Now about the supposed boss I want to put in. I think I'll change the shock-combo lasers to an ion cannon blast. Still as powerful as normal, but the range is wider and it will execute it's attack faster (but not TOO fast). It will also have a secondary weapon (hyper-fast miniguns, maybe??).

Glad yous like it so far though. I'm uploading it to mapraider.com now, so you can also go there to get it!

Mr Marik
11th Aug 2004, 11:52 PM
I am still having trouble with the Link Turrets. No matter what I do, they always end up attacking my team, and when I manage to pilot one, my team ends up attacking me!! What the heck must I do to completely control them (or have them set on auto and attack monsters ONLY)??

Btw someone/anyone, I still a bit more in-depth help on making the Dropship boss. I have the Airpower mod installed, if that helps. I just need some more assistance, that's all. Then I can go make the boss, put it in, and release the map again.

DeathAdder
14th Aug 2004, 05:41 PM
Mr Marik

You did a good job on that map. I have it running on my server. players like it.

Mr Marik
15th Aug 2004, 12:30 AM
DeathAdder: Glad to hear it, mate. I'm pleased that my map is being played and liked. Once I can fix/make certain things, then I'll release it again in a new version.

Parser/FHI Dev Team: I am really starting to become desperate here, guys. I need your help with making my Dropship boss, and on a less urgent matter, making Link Turrets auto-attack monsters or be completely-team-controlled.

Dropship Boss' possible weapon choices:
- Homing Missiles = stolen from the leviathan
- Beam Cannon = also stolen from the leviathan
- "Shock Cannon" = lasers which, when they hit something, generate the "shock-combo" effect

Dark_Dust
15th Aug 2004, 06:41 AM
Hmm..wish i could help ya out...

Parser is gone for a week, maybe more.. Radiosity seems also be gone..and the rest of the team doesn't browse the forums here much i think.

So, the best would be to ask their help in mIRC. You have more luck there than here in the forums.
Click here (irc://irc.enterthegame.com/fraghouse) to join instantly.
Don't have mIRC? download it from www.mirc.com
:)

Mr Marik
16th Aug 2004, 08:13 AM
http://mrmarik.t35.com/ut2004/skybox_problem.jpg

As you can see (above), I am having problem with non-staticmesh skyboxes!! The Skybox is the correct size for the particular texture (512x512). I aligned all sides of the cube, but it still ends up looking "boxy". What must I do to correct it?

Dark_Dust
16th Aug 2004, 10:59 AM
Well, actually it's easy to fix. As i told you yesterday on irc try scaling it down, try panning / rotate, align it manually, etc.

Also, make sure the entire skybox isn't just 1 texture. Skybox textures have like south, north, top, etc. sides..look for them. :)

Mr Marik
16th Aug 2004, 10:07 PM
It does not matter now. I've returned the skybox to good-ol space :D!!

I have updated my map yet again too! Now it has a few more weapons and a few more Minigun turrets. Plus...it has multi-connecting walkways so players can get around easier, especially to that cool Ion Cannon in the base's centre. The music has also been changed to the track from CBP2-ONS-Valarna, so if you haven't got Community Bonus Pack 2 Volume 1, then you won't hear it.

Oh, and it is possible that the BOSS idea may not happen. Sorry. :(

FHI-Encircled: www.angelfire.com/ultra/rayoxys (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/rayoxys)
My Email: lordtiger7@hotmail.com

DeathAdder
17th Aug 2004, 12:38 PM
I thought when you said it was public that it was done? so, are you just using the same name without like an revision identifier? The version I have on my server is doing great and is popular with the players. Only way I can update it is by giving the new update a new name like FHI-EncircledV2 or something like that. I hope this is ok.

Mr Marik
17th Aug 2004, 10:42 PM
That's ok.

On another note, I have made another map called FHI-PlanetArborea. It is a small map, not much to it. Get it, and the latest version of FHI-Encircled, at my webpage.

Webpage: www.angelfire.com/ultra/rayoxys
Email: lordtiger7@hotmail.com