Cursor problem!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lark

Aug 10, 2004
Okay, hey, I have UT and sometimes (not every time) when I start it up, and it starts the beginning where it's the intro, I see my cursor in the middle of the screen. And when I press esc to go to the main menu, it has the cursor in the middle of the screen also. The weird thing is that, not only is there that cursor stuck in the center of the screen, but there's another which will actually move wherever I move the mouse! When I move the cursor around, the centered one moves a bit too, but not to where the other one goes. It just jolts in directions the other cursor is at.

I decided to look for a solution by searching on google to see if anyone else got the same problem, so I minimized UT and I searched on google. To my misfortune, there wasn't any other person who had the same problem as I. At least, I couldn't find one. So, I just re-maximize UT again and the second cursor disappears and it's like back to normal. But some other times I start UT, the second cursor will re-appear again. And I notice that only when I minimize UT for quite a while does that second cursor disappear.

The really annoying thing also is that that second cursor will be in the game; it I think stays in the center of the screen/jolts in directions where I move my mouse. So... that's quite a problem. :(

So, any help would be REALLY appreciated! If no one replies here, I'll post elsewhere. Thanks! :)

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Hey Lark, Welcome to BUF, have a good time here :)

I dont really understand your story 100%, but you could try some of the following:

- update to 436 if you havent already
- install mouse drivers if you havent, or else download later mouse drivers
- are you playing in a window?
I think because you were talking about minimalizing, and in windows you might get trouble with cursors.
I reccomend Full screen modus
- change your rendering devices, try openGL (fullscreen), or Direct3d (fullscreen)
- last but not least, update or reinstall your video drivers
it might solve the window problems too :)

Good luck, and let us know if it didnt worked

Lark

Aug 10, 2004
Thanks for the welcome ^^ And:

- update to 436 if you havent already << I did
- install mouse drivers if you havent, or else download later mouse drivers << Umm... I dunno o_o I'm not so good with these technological stuff, but... just to let you know, I have a Logitech type mouse, and it's wireless...
- are you playing in a window?
I think because you were talking about minimalizing, and in windows you might get trouble with cursors.
I reccomend Full screen modus
<< I always play UT in full screen mode, when I minimize I press alt + tab and UT will not be visible on the screen, only its icon thing in the taskbar
- change your rendering devices, try openGL (fullscreen), or Direct3d (fullscreen) << Well... once again I'm not sure about this stuff and ANY help from anyone would be great
- last but not least, update or reinstall your video drivers << Again, help? :\

Thanks for teh help, more feedback would be awesome. ^^

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
This sounds very similar to a problem I have in Quake 2 when I double click the exe rather than hitting enter or going through the command line. What fixes this is simply clicking one of the mouse buttons which will (at least in my case) take you out of the game and into Windows where you can just alt-tab back into the game. The cursor shouldn't be there anymore. I have no idea why this happens.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
This might be due to a bug with the DirectX renderer. Uncheck directinput in your options and see if the cursor disappears.