Mean Minigun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Allright, theres no mute, so you will need to use arena or WoRM. This is a beefed up minigun with a zoom altfire and recoil. Basicly I set the minigun to have the damage and accuracy of the minigun turret. This rocks in ONS and Invasion.

Attachments

• Mean Minigun v1.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 54

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I dont know if I will mess with this more. I like it, but I dont know what I want to do with it. Dee, try aiming at the feet, and let the gun sweep it self across the enemy.
as with real guns, its best used in bursts. It was just too overkill with out recoil.

DeeZNutZ

Jan 22, 2002
Pacific Beach, CA
www.badstreak.com
I've been having problems getting into the WOD forums since I posted that comment.
Finally able to get back in today....
Here's what I've found. Running it local (Listen server) for testing gave me a hell of a lot more recoil than running it on one of my xNIX servers.
I'd forgotten that running some of these mods/mutes across the 'net seems to dampen the visuals, recoil, and such.
It works great once I loaded it up on the server. :D
DeeZ

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
How much is a "hell of a lot"? 10%, Double?
Thanks for pointing that out, Ive been using that code in something else I was working on. It would help if you could tell me more.

DeeZ, if you want, I could compile another verson for youre sever with less recoil.

DeeZNutZ

Jan 22, 2002
Pacific Beach, CA
www.badstreak.com
Postal said:
How much is a "hell of a lot"? 10%, Double?
Over the net drops the recoil by about 50%.
(The bots don't seem to have any problems with the recoil! :D )

DeeZ, if you want, I could compile another verson for youre sever with less recoil.
Ya know, if I could find "a WoRM or SwitchArsenal" weaponswapper that works with Invasion and RPG, I'd be using this as a replacement for the mini.
Problem is that UT2004RPG screws up any and every weapon swapper that I've tried.
I'll get more specific problems to Kangus when I can go back and revisit this,
but I'll lay 99% odds it's the damned RPG that fux0rs up the weapons.