5.13's, texturecompression, Geforce, UT, and you

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

garsnack

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Is S3TC copmression in UT available now to geforce owners with the newly leaked 5.13's?
For anyone not familiar with these drivers, they enable s3tc support and FSAA. I installed the detail textures off of the second cd, but dont see anydifference between them (if they are working) and plain ol' detail texture option in the adv.pref.
I recall reading some time ago of someone on this board who managed to get it working, and I was wondering if anyone could help me and the others with a geforce, thanks
Ben

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Just a side note:

The FSAA (Full Screen Anti-Aliasing) is software based. You will see a hefty performance hit if you enable it.

Other than that, I don't have any more info for ya. Sorry.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

BiPolar

Mar 18, 2000
Visit site
Sorry, those textures only work under MeTaL, for us lucky Savage owners. Anyone who thought they got them working under Open GL or D3D is fooling themselves /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Hopefully in a future patch they will be available via Open GL/D3D.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Actually, they are supposed to work under OpenGL.
It definitely works in Quake3, and I'd assume that it works in UT too.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM