Process For Getting Gametypes to Show Up(UT2k4)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Staats

Jul 14, 2004
I've made my gametype, but how do I get it to show up in UT2k4. I can use it by manually telling it a map and the gametype on startup (through WOTGreal). I've looked around wiki and the forums, but I can't piece it together.

Do I alter the .ini? What do the default properties have to do with this?? Do I need to code other things other than the gametype (interface maybe?) What am I missing?

What's the WHOLE process, from start to finish (except for acutally coding the gametype logic) ? Any help would be appreciated.

Mychaeel

Normally you shouldn't need to do anything special; if your .u file is in the System directory, UT2004 should automatically export a corresponding .ucl file on startup which the game uses, in turn, to display the new game type. (You can also use the ExportCacheCommandlet to manually export that .ucl file.)

A custom game type won't show up unless there's at least one map for it (with the proper file name prefix) in the Maps directory, though.