4.13 Patch Sucks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Waterat

Mar 27, 2000
Visit site
New 4.13 patch Rendered the game unplayable on my PIII 733, Annihilator Pro, SQ 2500 went back to 4.05b and the game Rocks again.
Graphics stuttered badly, with long pauses when sounds played with 4.13.

[This message has been edited by Waterat (edited 03-27-2000).]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
What exactly happened? Those with problems may appreciate any description you can give.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Fragmiester

Nov 10, 1999
Marshfield, WI USA
Visit site
Waterate is right i just installed it and i started the game and the sound is all ****ed up and i can't even get into my preferces menu. I just reinstalled 405b and works swell.
celeron 466 ati rage fury 32mb 128mb ram 640x480 32bit

bullet2.gif

Fragmiester
I Frag'em you bag'em
Crazy Half-assed Bastards

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I am running a PIII 500, 160MB RAM, and a Geforce SDR card. My computer swaps heavily on 32-bit color now, but, then again, I haven't defragmented my HD in months. And I haven't played in Direct3D in months (just got 2 Voodoo2s).

bullet2.gif

"I WILL REDO THIS PAEG ONCE I FIGARE OUT HOW TO USE FRAMES!!! WTF IS FRAMES???!?!?" -Jeff K.
"I once saw a sign that said 'MERGE LEFT' and wondered, 'Where the hell did he go?' -HWAS

ngUID: 365724

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
hmm on my p2 350 128 ram 3dfx banshee it seems to be running the same but i think theres less swapping from HD then in 405

hmm just looking over the posts and it seem the only people having troubles is people with out P2's (p3 amd cel having troubles)
just a thought

bullet2.gif

"I like this book because of its cover. This book sucks, the cover sucks." -XS

[=]xage[==]

Feb 27, 2000
NY
Sux is right! Having all the same problems plus...

I was looking forward to this patch giving a little more boost to D3D play then maybe I could retire my Voodoo2, but to my dismay the 413 patch brought down UT performance all around in addition to adding a new bug (?). D3D, OpenGL, & Glide all are now sucking wind, where the average fps was 40 playing with 12 bots on most maps now is an unplayable 10-15 even when dropping the bot count to 6. The sound is also very lagged with lots of delay & the hard drive is now more actively swapping data then previous patches.

The bug I mentioned goes something like this… My mouse buttons are bound to fire & Alt fire, on every other multiplayer or practice game startup after everything is loaded up & I’m in game I go to hit my guns & instead of firing I drop the ammo type for the weapon I am holding.

I have nothing left to try in resolving the problems except *another* full re-install then it's back to the 405 patch I guess till a better patch comes along.

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....what about all those levels skins and mods you put on??

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

"I am the alpha and the omega!"-THE FIRST AND THE LAST..

Baron_Samedi|PuF

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
The 413 patch hasn't brought my UT performance down whatsoever. Glide still runs smooth as glass.

I'm waiting for more servers to upgrade to 4.13 to eliminate the server sending data problem.

bullet2.gif

The photograph reflects, every streetlight a reminder. - R.E.M.

Dashelz

Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Funny, I have a V3 3000 and IT WORKS ****ING GREAT>>>HAHAHAHAHA....Bet all you sorry losers with TNT2/GECRAP cards are wishing you bought Q3 instead cause UT will always run better with GLIDE....HAHAHAHA

bullet2.gif

Water you know never fights but flows around without harm...

Gouryella

Feb 18, 2000
London
Visit site
I am got a PIII 450MHz, 256 ram, Voodoo 3 and the patch made the game run like I only had 128 ram! The game runs all jerky even wen played off line!

The programmers that made it a F****** s***!

bullet2.gif

by the king of Street Fighter 2!!

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
GeCrap huh?
is that why my DDR would put your voodoo3 to shame?
did you know not even the voodoo5 can touch the geforce DDR? not even with 128megs of RAM!
the T&L engine is much better than anything 3dfx could put out.

H

Hertston

Agreed with everyone (without glide !)

No sound probs, but stuttering is terrible. Instead of loading the level before play, half of it seems to be loaded up from the HD while playing. Have tried DM-Conveyor, and AS-Bridge to date - same on both. After the wait, what a load of crap...4.05b re-installed. Anyone know if 4.11 is available anywhere ?

System, P3 500, 128 meg, Rage Fury 32, SB live.

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
is it the programmers fault, or just the fact that your too retarded to get it to work?
icon12.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>show me the power, child<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Clark

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
RRRAAAARGH!!!!
413 completely Donkey-screwed my UT!!!
I have an AMD 380
80 MB ram
Voodoo 2

I used to get about 30 fps,
now I get 1 frame every 10 seconds!!!!!

What the hell????!!!!!

All my Mods and tweaks... soon to be lost