Ripper 2k4 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Parser, from Fraghouse, released his port of Unreal Tournament's Ripper for UT2004.
It has new animations, new sounds and headshots are still in! Primary is the usual blade which bounces off walls whereas secondary is an explosive blade with splash damage.

Download Ripper 2k4 from BeyondUnreal's FileWorks now! (113.41 KB)

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
I'm very pleased that this has been released. However, I'll only be using it when it's embedded into those UT'99 remake maps. It feels a little out of place to me. I'd also love to see this mutator standard in the Classic UT mutator.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
It has some problems...

1) The secondary splash is too big. It's like having a rocket launcher with a higher rate of fire... too unbalanced.
2) There's no "centered" weapon model.. it just shows on the left (minor gripe)
3) It replaces the link gun so forget using it in ONS.

Last edited:
The ripper was, IMO, the most pointless weapon in UT'99. Sure, it could do headshots, but the shots were too slow moving to hit anyone in the head.I'm glad they threw it out in 2003 so it didn't take up valuable keys. Personally I'd rather see the Enforcer in UT2004, that thing akimbo was much more effective than the dual assault rifle.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
The secondary ripper was great to push enemies of ledges and cliffs.
I loved pushing an enemy flagcarrier of the asteroid in Face. :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Sorry about the crappy skin for it, but I'm not a modeller or skinner. I know my way around Milkshape enough to animate a model and get it working in UT2004 and that's it.

If Kangus (http://wod.beyondunreal.com) ever gets WoRm2k4 working then you'll be able to choose which weapon to replace with the Ripper. At the moment it's just a port with the patches that showed themselves when porting over fixed.

Also, I believe it's not as powerful as the rocket launcher. It doesn't push people about as much as the RL and it takes more direct hits to kill the person.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I'm betting I've got a bit of a problem.. or should the skin look like this?

Attachments

• Shot02054.JPG
    Shot02054.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Shot02056.JPG
    Shot02056.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 78