Linux Preference?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
Please Tell me yours. Im trying to decide which distro to run on my comp but i don't know enough about linux to decide on my own.

i only know of Debian, SuSE (a la ZenParate), Linspire (i have no interest in using something that pretends to be windows), and Knoppix, only because i used the livecd for it.

Anybody know what is best for what?

Which distro do you prefer? reasons please.

Renegadexan

Banned
Apr 17, 2004
when i had linux i had fedora core 1 and 2 ouch 1 week later i was vack on windows sorry for the double post

Last edited by a moderator:

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
i might try SuSE, ive heard a lot of good things about it.

and since ZenPirate is broadcasting it, i trust he can run ut2004 on it without a hitch.

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
I'm now downloading suse - mainly because I could find AMD64 support for it.

Now to see if I can run 64bit UT2004.....

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
ok one thing im confused about is processor support

i will have an AMD Athlon XP, which build would i need? the i386 one?

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
If there's an athlon-xp build, use that. If not, see if there's an i686 one. Otherwise, get the i386 one. :cool:

I like Gentoo.

°J2°Nereid is on a bumping spree!