Neato vehicle ideas.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Me(ButtCrumbs) and Smelly(A_Smelly_Hole) have came with really neat ideas, ok:

1. Velociraptor:

Instead of minigun thingie on top has the Harbringer's tailgunner, as well as for two on the sides, lots of HPs, same speed as Raptor. Can carry 4 people whoo.

2. The Flying Tank:

Same as old Juggernaut, but it can fly. Ok, that's kind of stupid :p

3. Flying Tailgunners:

The tailgunner from the Harbringer, but there can be like 4 of them in a base, each one holding only one person, and they fly. You move it around AND shoot it, same speed as raptor as well as for HPs.

4. L337 Tank:

Same Jugger except it moves as fast as Raptor and has a Raptor's gun on top of Tank gun, two Harbringer tailgunners on each side and a Harbringer rocket launcher on back. Hehe.

Keasis

frequent eembotter
May 28, 2004
In the basement
wall.gif

Mar 6, 2004
I know you...from the rr server, hey i'm bufferfly :D

ps- i don't use aimbot or stamina and jump hackzorz.

Mar 6, 2004
Like i said to them...they are uninformed :D i'd of taught them what i know but they turned on me like a pack of hungry wolves...where is the <3? :( :lol:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
-{SC}- Renamon said:
1. Velociraptor:
2. The Flying Tank:
3. Flying Tailgunners:
4. L337 Tank:

1, yea... i can see it, but it is sort of a long shot, chaingun is not that nice for usage, and the raptor already has a chaingun.
2... i can see this turning into another manta... a hover craft, not really a tank... lol
3... not really pheasable, i would rather see mounted torrets stuck on a single trail line.
4... nope, way too powerfull, if it is made, it will probobly be limited to only bot matches.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
hehe, those are expected crazy stuff from youngsters :D

Please keep in mind there is balance issue. If you make something way too powerful then it will screw up the balance between various vehicles and players on foot.

I did consider adding the 5th passenger in Supernaut but the existing code (which all vehicles are based on) limited the number to 4 passengers, sorry.

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
I like the idea of the tail end shock lance from the Harbi being used as a stationary turret in a base. Not as a separate 'vehicle' though that can fly around. If it was like the turrets in Freefall and Minos at the base.. I can see it.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
llama that's actually really easy... all you have to do is replace the projectile class for an existing stationary turret. But if you want to change the turret itself... hmmm I forgot how it goes, but it should still be easy enough.

And in case anyone else is wondering about fireball's suggestions, I just explained to him on #[cxp]. "You can't override everything, such as an array" :)

KingOfHearts

Suicide King
Jan 25, 2004
[sarcomata]

Ooh, you could make one of those old cartoon based giant robots, and it need five people to control, and each person controls a limb or a torso, and respective movement or weapons and OMF LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLZORORORORZ!!!!11!!!!

[/sarcomata]

Actually, I'd love to see what kind of suicidal disaster that would result in.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Ok, you all have NO idea JUST WHAT I'm going to use them for! They will never be in used in any currently availibe map, just coustom ones.

1 is for a 'car arena' map, where it has wild driving and if you don't have a car, you are going to die very fast.

2 is for..... Ummmmm.... 0_o

3 is for a space map, you cannot traverse anywhere without one, as since they fly and the map will be just a void between both bases.

4 is for...... Oh well, just a wild idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.