AHH! Why is this happening!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mooseahomanoo

Jul 26, 2004
So I'm trying to set up a dedicated server with an assault rifle, and when I set up all of the crap, and then I click dedicated, and then go back into UT and play my game, I can't see the assault rifle for some reason, but I can see the translocator. I've retried all of this before, and none seems to work. I've reinstalled the assault rifle, and that didn't work. I can't see the skin of the assault rifle or hear it, I can only see the shells flying and hear a bullet hitting the wall. Please help!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Normally people mention the 'serverpackage' thing in the readme file.
I say, normally they do. For most "mods" such as skins/voices/models/mutators etc... it was mentioned. Some seem to "forget", though...

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
yeah, and if you were planning to install a lot of mods/maps etc, it would be a nice tip to shortcut your unrealtournament.ini, because you dont want to find yourself browsing and opening it for the 100th time ;)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
NeoNite said:
Normally people mention the 'serverpackage' thing in the readme file.
I say, normally they do. For most "mods" such as skins/voices/models/mutators etc... it was mentioned. Some seem to "forget", though...

If it's not listed in a readme and you have a umod, get umodtool and extract the manifest.ini to find out what the names of the serverpackages are. Here's an example with the UT Bonus Pack :

[ContentGroup]
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=MultiMesh
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=Relics
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
AddIni=UnrealTournament.ini,Engine.GameEngine.ServerPackages=TSkMSkins

Last edited:

Arctic Grunt

Jun 7, 2004
Model Woes

I need help.

I have the 2 models from the UTGOTYE, the Nali and Skaarj Hybrid Models. My problem is that while these models show up in the player setup screen, when ever i play a game (Practice session ans UT Ladder), whoever is using any of the two models (Me or bots), it doesnt who up and switches to the Male Commando model. This is a very annoying problem, and if anyone has i solution, please, PLEASE, suggest it.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Open your UnrealTournament.ini and find the "ServerPackages=" lines.

Add any of the following that are missing.

ServerPackages=MultiMesh
ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TSkMSkins

Might help. However, you still can't use 'em in the SP ladder.

Arctic Grunt

Jun 7, 2004
Arctic Grunt said:
Their all there. Should i delete them and re-add them?

I already tried it. Very same condition: Voices work, Preview works, In game model... No dice. :(

And for some reason, this problem also applies to the U4eT models i have. I've downloaded the mod recently, but the models for U4eT Work in the preview, their voices work in and out of games, but the in game models just go back to the Male Commando Model. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Still open to ANY suggestions, but i certainly dont hope i have to reinstall, its such a pain in the @$$

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Is Force Default Models ticked in the mod menu ?

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
I have the very same problem. It could be to do with manifest.ini coz it started happening to me after i deleted it. I have GOTY edition. I tried reinstalling V436 but no worksky. Force Default models is not ticked either, fearless

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
i have a simalar problem...i wonder if i should cruse the unreal.ini ? what section is this in ?
could this be why some skins will work as bots and some wont?
some default to M\FComando
or is it a problem with the bots being able to use a model"
GeneStealer skins work as bots but warhammer 40k skins default to comando?
hmmmmmmmm, perplexed