PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm Just Stupid...

Allenthar
24th Jul 2004, 05:26 AM
But I can't figure out how to do this in the Gallery files

These gallery modules allow you to view each of our main characters and their individual animation cycles with a variety view controls, render modes, and lighting types.

None of the standard movement keys do anything, I can only rotate around the static model. Behindview 1 lets me get a little closer though :P

Any help?

Switch`
24th Jul 2004, 05:52 AM
solved.

<Allenthar> hey, I just posted on the forums, but I was checking out the gallery files you have up
<Allenthar> and I can't seem to find any way to view the animations, etc.
<Switch`> do you know which version of ut are you using?
<Allenthar> yeah, Mac OS X v. 3236
<Switch`> hmm how are you starting those modules?
<Allenthar> just using "open blabla"
<Allenthar> the other odd thing was that I couldn't even open the file unless I renamed them
<Allenthar> I think the underscore was messing with it
<Switch`> that would be the cause
<Switch`> iirc they wont work after renaming
<Allenthar> hrm
<Switch`> in win32 you can open them with doubleclick, which translates to "ut2004.exe mapname.ut2"
<Allenthar> is there another method to open then?
<Allenthar> ah, let me give that a try
<Allenthar> command line launch
<Allenthar> sweet, very cool
<Allenthar> that worked
<Allenthar> thanks
<Switch`> np
<Switch`> I just tested it in win32, console command "open EonP3_HumanDeer.ut2" works.. so yea, there may be problem on mac with underscore or something

Drakonsfyre
26th Jul 2004, 08:46 PM
Err, I might just be blind, but that seems to only solve the problem with him not being able to open the files, not anything to do with viewing the animations...I know I have the same problem, running the latest version of UT on XP Pro, but no animations :( . I was really looking forward to them as well :(

Switch`
27th Jul 2004, 04:37 AM
The GUI wont if you rename the map file, and Mac probably has probs with underscore in map file.
What do you mean by 'no animations' ?