Circle Strafe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
strafe and turn at the same time. it's nearly impossible if you're not using a mouse/keyboard control combo.

Actually, strafe one direction, and turn the opposite.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
It's simply a combination of strafing either left or right and using the forward and back keys to navigate a circle.
It's easy to explain but it takes quite a lot of practice to do it properly and keep your crosshair locked onto a target /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Change the keyboard setup so it's most comfortable for you. Now start strafing left, and move the mouse to the right. Experiment in both directions, and add in use of the turn left/right keys when strafing. When you turn in the opposite direction you're strafing, your are circling an imaginary point in front of you, but you are always pointing forward at that spot.

Once you've mastered it, use it on moving targets(bots) and then get ready for fun online, as you'll often find yourself in a cricle strafin duel-to-the-death when you're up against experienced players.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

O

osirus

you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about.....um wait thats the hokey pokey. my bad.

bullet2.gif

So what if i suck, i do a damn good job sucking....

MyU|osirus|PuF