Script Troubles and UED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

darkbeast

Jul 23, 2004
Here's just the background information of what I have, and hopefully I'm in the right forum to post this

I have a model and an animation I exported it out of .3dmax saving them seperatly one has a .PSA and one as a .PSK. When I go into UED I import them both, they show up fine, I link up animation and mesh, add collision box etc. Then I save it as a .ukx file. Now when I go into my script and go #exec load OBJ File=animations\myvechile.ukx Then recompile and start up ued, it doesn't show the package name in the animations browser list. If I leave out the #exec myvechile.ukx line and put in the raw files such as #exec mesh import etc, it shows up in the browser but when loaded ingame the animation doesn't work. Also all the file names are completely unique, not one of them conflicts with each other.

Now my question is, is it usual for the package to not show up in the animation browser when saved as a .ukx even though it's defined in the script itself? It seems to like it doesn't even want to take in account that there's an animation file there. Also any possible ideas of why the animation doesn't work ingame. If you need more information let me know

Last edited:

darkbeast

Jul 23, 2004
Mychaeel said:
If you use "#exec obj load" to import a package into a .u file, you have to specify the .u file as the target package for the import. See Unreal Wiki: Exec Directive.

I guess I'll try it that way again, maybe I fouled up somewhere befoer, will let you know what happens.

Maybe I don't understand this but if you define a .ukx package in #exec obj load line, should it not assign that package with the .u?

Last edited:

Mychaeel

darkbeast said:
Maybe I don't understand this but if you define a .ukx package in #exec obj load line, should it not assign that package with the .u?
If you don't specify a "package=..." parameter, "#exec obj load" just loads the package -- so that you can refererence objects contained in it, for instance.

If you want to compile the loaded package into your .u file, you have to specify the .u file's package as the target package when using "#exec obj load".

darkbeast

Jul 23, 2004
Thanks for the help got that working fine, but now when I try to edit something and remake the package (I delete the .u / .ucl) and go ucc make I just get:

General protection fault!

History:

Exiting due to error

Is there a temporary file I'm missing to delete? I should note that there's no .int file either

Last edited: