I HAVE NO BRAIN QUESTION!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Striker9

Jul 8, 2004
UMMM i have made one skin or UT called Dark Kniht just to mess around, i clicked Comppile and install and it never went o game......the program is called UTskinner

i hate the other prorams and for UT2k4 i tried using Upaint man im to stupid to even firgure out how to load a skin to UPaint

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Just a guess on my part as I've never used UTskinner, but it might have something to do with the character having a space in the name(?)... If it's Dark Knight change it to DarkKnight and see if that works, beyond that I'm stumped :)

[EDIT] Look in your other post and I've said how to open them in Upaint :tup:

Last edited:

Striker9

Jul 8, 2004
AHHH there is another problem when i go to load a skin it says there was a error loading it and nothing comes up

/\
I I
I I
I I
I I
IIIIIII
IIII
II
T
With this, I shall cleanse the vermin from the world. Then shall strike the final blow through Asheron's heart." --Gaerlan

Last edited:

Striker9

Jul 8, 2004
Klasnic u help me alot but now i come down to im just retarded LMAO i cannot figure out how to open skin in UPaint it says there was an error and nothing ever comes up and its sooofrustrating since i really wanna learn to skin lol :D

Cantar

Jun 26, 2004
Dont mean to be a Thread hijacker but Klasnic i have always wonderd how someone can create a skin just useing oh lets say photo shop and make it match up with the model i can extract the textures and inport them back after fooling with them but if i clear the image how do i know where that belt was? heh sry lame question probly

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Striker9 said:
i did i copyed whole CD 6 folder but says there is an error

You'll need to be more specific about what you do Striker... When you goto file-open in Upaint then browse to the Character folder where all the .upp files are, what exactly happens from there (exact error plz) Thanks.

Cantar said:
if i clear the image how do i know where that belt was?

Practise ;) The easiest thing to do is leave Upaint open with the character you're skinning. When you paint over an area on the body you can see where that area is on the body texture on the left... You don't need to blank out the original image, just paint over it using layers in Photoshop. What I do is make a layer for the arms, a layer for the legs, etc...

When I've done a skin I tend to have the original image as the bottom layer and then maybe 20-30 layers on top of it with the stuff I've done... It means the image could be 20MB or something but if you keep it when you've done you don't need to re-define where everything is if you skin the same character again.

Once you've done it a few times you'll know from the image where everything is and just to be sure you can throw that image onto the character in Upaint as you go along to make sure it's ok.

Because I did it that way that's how I skin so fast, I could probably do a fairly decent new one every day if I wanted to :D

Cantar

Jun 26, 2004
Klasnic, wow pretty tight dude now i just gotta up my paintshop skills and learn how to use the point selector tool lol

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
lol, I'm still learning Photoshop as I go along although skinning's giving me practise. Paintshop allows you to do basically the same thing but I've never really used it :tup:

Striker9

Jul 8, 2004
when i click browse and find the .upp files everythings fine but when i click open an error comes up saying it had a problem finding it

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
It sounds like the .upp which contains info about where the texture images are can't find the images because they're not where they're supposed to be. On my pc I have the Upaint folder and inside that folder I have the Characters, Meshes and Textures folder that were originally in the SkinArt folder on the DVD under CD6\Extras... If you copy the same folders over exactly as I have it should work for you.