PDA

View Full Version : Servers (or lack thereof)

Aconite
21st Jul 2004, 02:44 PM
I haven't seen a server up since early Sunday morning (roughly 3:30am BST). What's happened?

Sorry for being a demanding git.

Al[Demiurge]
21st Jul 2004, 03:22 PM
I checked last night and there were 4 servers, all Empty. :-( They're there -- but we've had a bit of a lull in players.

We're working on increasing the popularity of the mod, but it'll be awhile before there's anything to announce.

Thanks for the dedication!
Al

professor_plum
21st Jul 2004, 03:45 PM
No offense, but the existence of only one map is a major barrier. Until more ideas come out this mod will only be considered a novelty.

The dot-com days taught us that a day on the web is a week in the real world... a week on the web is a month in the real world. No innovation for three weeks - that's like nothing occuring for three months. If you had a favorite bookstore that was closed for three months (or never had anything but one book in it for three months) - regardless of how good the book was, you'd stop checking up on it.

I know (from reading the posts in the forum.... usually while looking for new maps) that the developers are focused on getting new features, or more stable features into the product. Wonderful. That's quite a good thing - but perhaps an expanded fan base would benefit you more.

Not a flame - just a concern. We (at the office) begin each "end-of-day-fragfest" (stress is a little high here) with Clone Bandits. We're addicted. We love it. We, however, have very little free time to map - or else we'd try and help remedy this ourselves.

cravensmythe
21st Jul 2004, 07:47 PM
I dont think the master server is always correct in what it shows, it often says my buddies arent playing when they are.

My server has been on all the time, not that many have joined :o

How's the mapping coming along dev guys? I wish some of the community mappers would get one done. I would do one myself only my creative and artistic limits tend to come a cropper when it comes to doing a 32x32 application icon :lol:

Al[Demiurge]
22nd Jul 2004, 11:49 AM
Hey Guys--

Again, thanks for the kind words and support. We want new maps and larger fan base at least as much as you guys do.

While we're actively working on new maps, but we've run into a bit of a bug in Clone Bandits that is preventing us from releasing anything. The realities of our business aren't giving us a chance to put together a new version of CB that will have the same level of quality-testing as the first release just yet. We're actually in the process of moving Demiurge Studios to a new office hundreds of miles away in Cambridge, MA.

New maps will come from us -- but it's going to take some time, sorry!

-Al

Aconite
22nd Jul 2004, 12:09 PM
I was being stupid... I was filtering out empty servers. All fixed now.

cravensmythe
23rd Jul 2004, 02:14 PM
I was wondering if you could not see them because of the bag on your head :lol:

Aconite
23rd Jul 2004, 03:11 PM
Hey! It's got [wonky] eyeholes. And a drawn-on smile...

cravensmythe
23rd Jul 2004, 06:09 PM
Do you find the [ WONKY ] eye holes cause you to crash the moscowboy into walls then?

Aconite
23rd Jul 2004, 07:47 PM
Nah, I tense up and can't aim for s***...