New Nvidia drivers, Nforce and Forceware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Nividia has finally released new international Nforce drivers, 4.27 WHQL
Also new displaydrivers, 61.76 WHQL

These new Nforce drivers rocks. Finally SW ide drivers that actually works on my system.
The new sounddrivers (for Soundstorm) is also the best I had so far.

The drivers can be download from Nvidia.com.
Don't forget to read the installation instructions.

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
Nvidia's drivers are universal. They will work on all of their cards beginning with the TNT2 (and possibly some older ones) on up. Although these specific drivers were made to be optimized for the newest GeForce 6 series cards, there should be no significant loss of performance on any older cards (including the FX series).

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
If you read the installation notes, you'll see the following:

* Audio drivers will not install on the following nForce2 products: Chaintech 7NJS. Please use the drivers that come with these products to enable audio functionality.

So you can use this driverpackage, but for audio drivers, you should go to Chaintech's homepage and get the audio drivers from there.

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
i updated both my nforce unified drivers and my forceware drivers. things are working fine. I DID try to install the nforce audio drivers. and they worked well (fixed the problem with ut2k4 rebooting the pc) EXCEPT my mic wasn't working anymore. :/

so i deinstalled the audio drivers.

and btw, Swedix. Thanks for your patience in pointing out the installation notes *again* after you initially referenced them in your first post. (yep, I'm an idiot) I was thinking that since i have 7njl4 (as opposed to the 7njs) that I'd be fine. And for the most part I was. except for the dang mic.

Last edited: