PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Announcer...

moppel
20th Jul 2004, 11:19 AM
Hi there!

I'd like to suggest UT2vote's announcer voice _not_ to be the sexy announcer but the announcer that has been chosen by the user. That is, when I've chosen the male, female, classic, or UT2003 announcer in the audio settings client-side, UT2vote should suppose that I want to hear that very announcer and not some orgasmic noises instead. ;)

Keep up the good work,
moppel

ProAsm
20th Jul 2004, 01:07 PM
Point taken - will see what we can do :)

EggSuckingLeech
28th Jul 2004, 07:35 PM
you can add another vote to this one...

ProAsm
29th Jul 2004, 02:15 AM
In 44 you now have a choice of 6 announcers or none at all.

EggSuckingLeech
29th Jul 2004, 10:20 AM
Great! Is 44 coming out soon?

Also, I've not upgraded since 42. Can I install the upgrade and my .ini is preserved? I've way too many changes in there at this point (new game types, individual game settings, etc).

And my last question: If the PlayersBalance issue gets fixed with your suggestions (other thread), did you want to roll anything into 44 for that?

Thanks.

ProAsm
29th Jul 2004, 11:26 AM
Regarding the ini file for 43, you should be able to copy across your Mutator, Games and ServerPackages sections no problem.
The major changes in the ini file in 43 was a lot of the stuff in the IniOnly section was moved to the Config section and added to the Admin Menu.

Regarding the PlayersBalance issue, there is not much we can do in UT2Vote for that as the ?VsBots=True should work as it stands, all we have done in 44 is to not disturb the command should it exist in the string when an Admin updates the string from the AdminGame Menu.
Maybe we add a VsBots Mutator that you can vote for or set in a special Game created with GameMake specific for this.

44 should hopefully be ready by next weekend - dont quote me on that :)

EggSuckingLeech
29th Jul 2004, 02:12 PM
good news about preserving the ini material. Can your update script do that for us when we upgrade to 44 (like the way UT patches don't mess with your UT2004.ini changes)?

ProAsm
29th Jul 2004, 03:46 PM
We try and avoid making ini changes but sometimes its necessary.

EggSuckingLeech
29th Jul 2004, 07:01 PM
no I understand that. I meant can you make it so that when I upgrade your script preserves all the ini settings which don't need to be changed? Like when I upgrade or patch UT itself. It preserves my settings right? Might too big of a deal for a "part time job" but I thought I might ask.

ProAsm
30th Jul 2004, 02:52 AM
Sometimes just renaming your old ini file and its internal UT2Vote43 to UT2Vote44 works except for the few changes that 44 has.
Like 42 to 43 was a major change and I would not advise that, but so far in 44 just renaming should be ok except for 1 or 2 additions in the IniOnly section that you can add afterwards.