PDA

View Full Version : Problem with warp zones and multiplayer

Caran Elmoth
20th Jul 2004, 05:20 AM
Hi everybody,
Can anyone tell me why my warp zones are working perfectly in single player but, when I run a server with my map, they wont be displayed nor work. I'am really stuck on this :confused: ... thank you all in advance!

Caran Elmoth
20th Jul 2004, 10:55 AM
Ok, I managed to resolve this by myself. I wonder why on the UDN website the OtherSideURL option is deprecated but if you don't use it warp zones don't work in multiplayer :hmm: .

oneirotekt
29th Jul 2004, 12:03 PM
Visibility through warpzones is, in general, very problematic in multiplayer. Only the server can see other players through warpzones in multiplayer. Epic hasn't touched the warpzone code since UT99, and they have always been a sorta half-finished feature - traces won't go through them, and the player view does weird things if you change orientations through a portal (ie walking onto the ceiling).

An almost uncountable number of mappers and modders have come up with cool ways to use warpzones over the years, only to be turned away frustrated by their broken-ness.

YLB
13th Aug 2004, 04:46 PM
It sounds bad, but use teleporters instead...
I tried to use portals/warp zones a week and decided not to use them, they are so buggy.
I hope Epic will work on them for their next unreal engine because there is so much cool stuff behind them (spheric levels, Esher-ic levels, etc...)