Chat tab in multiplayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Couple questions here:

1) Most of you PuF's stay logged on the chat when playing? I know it allows others to leave messages or grab the link to the server your on, but does it affect your game at all? Does the extra connection slow you down?

2) Ahh, guess that was just one question. Actually a three-in-one, but...

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Deny Everything!

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I've never noticed any slowdowns playing when connected. If there is, it's minor for me. The only thing that slows me down is when Rooster/PuF joins up and is on the other team.

bullet2.gif

I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Another related question: does the default chat room (#utgames) (?) also leave an away message link if you're off playing on a server? Or is it custome to #planetunreal?

I'm just learning all the goodies in the multiplayer chat. Makes it REAL easy to find a bud!

Thanks again!

bullet2.gif

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. " -- Albert Einstein

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yes, both chat channels behave alike. Any private messages also show up in that persons game in the UT chat window at the upper left corner of your screen. You'll notice those messages are in white lettering.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Morety: /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif Sorry bud.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

No, I've never noticed any slowdown (I'm on xDSL though).

No, no DOS attacks here.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406