CTF-Ethereal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Im making a UT2004 CTF map where you run around on clouds,its made from blocking volumes and smoke emiters.
But it has very low fps,an average of 10 frame per second on my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could improve the fps?

Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Original concept. Have you tried zoning it? What are your computer specs as if they are the minimum spec it might not be able to cope with the smoke. Certainly try zoning it if you haven't already. I can't test it out for you as I haven't got 2K4 installed. :)

Oh and next time put something like this in palytesting. :)

Last edited:

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
My computer is good enof to ruun most levels at about 50 fps on full graphics.
I have veiw fog but that doesnt help much.Does anyone know of a good tutorial on emitter because i dont realy know how to make them very well.I used "damage smoke" emmiters from the actor browser in this level and increased the size,I think making the emitters less complex would help but dont know how.