voices from beyond the router

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Acyd

Nov 9, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
Hiya..still cant get voice to transmit out from behind my router. someone said something about enabling udnp (i think he meant UDP) but I cant find any particular setting for that in router configs. is there a specific port that VoIP needs opened to transmit, as I can receive just fine. I'd rather not set up DMZ if i can help it.

"If you're scared, get a dog."

KenjiE20

Feb 27, 2002
Washington, England
www.longbowslair.co.uk
You double posted, which is bad, but I'll fogive, next time just bump it up its less annoying.
I think he actually meant UPNP (Universal Plug And Play), it also needs the client installed for windows as well.
In the other thread I did post a list of all the ports I have forwarded and what they were.
What type of router have you got, and have you double checked all the settings for the mic and can you order bots in game?

Highwind

Jul 16, 2004
I'm having the same problem.

I can command bots, talk on Team Speak, but can't talk on UT with my friend.

And I was able to get voip working on a non-router set up, using cable. Now im on a DSL Router.

Acyd

Nov 9, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
VoIP worked with the same setup, before I had the router (a D Link DI 624), I triple checked the mic setup - I don't know why plug n play would have anythign to do with this anyway...I don't have speech to text enabled so I don't know about commanding the bots...I suppose I'll try DMZ if I can't find the right port...

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Speech to text is when the little robot voice reads what people type on the screen... not voice chat.
Also keep in mind that voice chat only works on dedicated servers NOT listen servers.. so if you are tryin or your buddy is trying to run the game themselves, it's not going to work.

Just a few tidbits... sorry I can't help ya man. :(

Oh yah... Jersey rules... don't let anyone tell ya different!
(Me misses my "home crap home" state...*sniff)

Last edited:

Highwind

Jul 16, 2004
When i try to run a dedicated server, he can join my game but I cant join my game, aka I cant connect to my IP.

When I enable DMZ, I can join my game (IP) but he can't. whats the problem now?

Acyd

Nov 9, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
YES Success! I finally found what i was looking for . Anyone having router/voice problems shoud read this

http://www.bcr.com/bcrmag/2002/07/p10.asp

after reading this i went into my router set an allowance for UDP (NOT udnp, or pnp) on ports 1024 through 1030 and now voice is working fine.
If you are still having voice problems make sure any other sound devices other than the one you are using for UT voice is disabled, such as onboard sound cards or webcam mic when you are using another installed card. I was having lots of problems before I figured out to disable my onboard sound in BIOS in favor of a sound blaster card installed