PDA

View Full Version : Jail escape punishments


Jrubzjeknf
15th Jul 2004, 10:41 AM
Was thinking that escaping the jail, can be either quite easy or very difficult.
-Escape routes can have a certain course you have to do, but with some practise you can get good in that very quickly. This way jailing a team with 6+ people can be very difficult, because they can escape maybe too quickly. Making the course larger or the must that someone needs to stand on a certain spot to open the escape route will not making this more difficult IMO.
-Escape routes can have a random thing: 25% chance you'll spawn out of jail, 75% chance you spawn in a room full of nasty spikes. I don't really like random things in UT2004, I think players should be able to do whatever they like and when they fail, they've got theirselves to blaim.
-Spawn a monster in jail: nice, but with a couple of people you can easily take it out. You'll spawn with a full AR anyway.

My idea: punishing the jailbreakers. After going through a difficult course (now making a map where you have to walk next to the enemy jail, they'll be able to shoot you), they'll spawn in freedom. But doing this will shield your team's release point, making it impossible to free your jailed teammates.

What I was thinking:
-triggering own release point will:
+unshield enemy's release point
+open own escape route
+(open enemy's escape route?)
-completing escape route will:
+shield own release point
+shut down enemy escape route

maybe a better version:
-triggering your release point will:
+open escape route
-completing escape route will:
+shut down own escape route

opinions plz!

Sexmachine
15th Jul 2004, 11:01 AM
1st one is too difficult for players to understand and the 2nd one is pretty useless (why use the escape if the jaildoors are open?)

Jrubzjeknf
15th Jul 2004, 11:37 AM
jaildoors arent open. When starting, the escape route is closed. Triggering the release point will open the escape route, but shield the release point. Completing the escape route will unshield the release point again, but close the escape route. Maybe it's a better idea to only shield the release point for a certain time, else you have to rely on someone able to complete the escape route...

Alhanalem
18th Jul 2004, 02:26 AM
jaildoors arent open. When starting, the escape route is closed. Triggering the release point will open the escape route, but shield the release point. Completing the escape route will unshield the release point again, but close the escape route. Maybe it's a better idea to only shield the release point for a certain time, else you have to rely on someone able to complete the escape route...

I'm just guessing, but maybe he isnt talking about the release switch.

SON|C
27th Jul 2004, 09:56 AM
i may have been away for a long time, but to me.... i didn't understand a word :E :eek:

Trueblood
27th Jul 2004, 10:49 AM
You should see me in JB-Sprintitan :lol:

{ADu}RES
28th Jul 2004, 09:39 AM
i may have been away for a long time, but to me.... i didn't understand a word :E :eek:

i understood it all "ok here gos ,when ur team is in jail and a team mate opens the doors the escape root opens, but as the doors close the root closes,so if the opp team is in jail and a member triggers the release switch the escape root opens into the arena where the player has to battle a monster before he lands on a room full of spikes.
Then all other team mates have to stand on one leg so the escape root will stay open long euf for the opp team to shoot them as they run past there jail doors.
But the best bit is where u only get a 75% chance of spawning with a gun and a 25% chance of spawning with a large trout which when thrown at the opp teams release switch will............ kill all team members???
i hope this helps all u peeps out there that r not clever enf to understand "Nova^" in the first place(easy):eek2: :lol: :lol:

Jrubzjeknf
31st Jul 2004, 08:02 AM
sooooo.......I guess the idea wasn't a good one?

(ps. adjusted to be easier: using escape route will lock down the escape route and disable the release trigger for 30 secs. Triggering the release switch will open up the escape route again)

{ADu}RES
31st Jul 2004, 09:07 AM
sooooo.......I guess the idea wasn't a good one?

(ps. adjusted to be easier: using escape route will lock down the escape route and disable the release trigger for 30 secs. Triggering the release switch will open up the escape route again)

im only joking mate the idea was sound but i think it is hard to explian it to people

Jrubzjeknf
31st Jul 2004, 09:22 AM
guess you're right there. Was my idea to use it prevent people from using an escape route which is too easy to do, but nm after all ;)

The_Head
3rd Oct 2004, 11:01 AM
I think the overall idea may be tricky to follow if ur new to the map/jailbreak. its hard enough explaining to a n00b is tricky enough. let alone somit i find hard to follow :lol:
Like the idea of escape route going past enemy jail