Coding a fixed ion cannon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jedilaw

Jun 24, 2004
Is it possible to make a fixed weapon from the ion cannon code? I'm looking to make the cannon fire at the same spot every time, triggered in response to a player hitting a button (a usetrigger). This would be similar in some ways to the old pressure volume from ut99, but I don't think that triggered volumes work in ut2h3/4, so a new weapon may be in order.

Thoughts?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm not sure if there are trigger volumes, but you could easily use a regular trigger for that, so when a player enters the trigger's radius it would call the ion beam to be fired. As for spawning the ion beam and its damage and all that, my basic knowledge of UScript makes me shrug. :)

jedilaw

Jun 24, 2004
Makes you shrug as in you don't know how one would go about doing it?

Neither do I. Hopefully, one of the talented coders on this site can give some pointers.