PDA

View Full Version : Tips, Tricks, Hints, etc.

CobaltBlue
12th Jul 2004, 02:27 AM
I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread where people could post mapping tips and tricks.

I'm new to Ued3, so I'm probably not breaking any new ground, but I have something tip-like to start out with.

If you want a easy way to add realism to your terrain by adding some water, say for an ONS map: Put your terrain layer at about the lowest level you plan to have terrain (leave room underneath it though). Make the area underneath it all a water volume and cover it with a sheet that looks like water. I wouldn't use a fluidsurface, it would be way too large if you were actually making a ONS map. Then any time you lowered the terrain low enough it would dip into your pre-made "sea level", and it will look very realistic underwater. The only downside is the none fluidsurface.

P.S. Enforcer Dualies Rock :enforcer: :enforcer:

Mychaeel
12th Jul 2004, 05:28 AM
I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread where people could post mapping tips and tricks.
Better than that would be if people posted their mapping tips on the Unreal Wiki (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com) where it's easy to find them again.

In any case, CobaltBlue: Please don't use font colors when you post here. Many people are not using the default black-on-white color scheme skin when they read the forum, and your shades of blue are virtually unreadable on some of the background colors.

CobaltBlue
12th Jul 2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah I'm kinda' suprized this mapping message board isn't broken up into catagories, being that there are soooooo many random posts.