PDA

View Full Version : Number of clones each team starts with

cravensmythe
7th Jul 2004, 03:29 AM
Is there a way of adjusting the number of clones a team starts with when run on a dedicated server?

The reason I ask is that your DS server always starts at 86 I think, yet mine 54

Also can you turn friendly fire off at all?

Cheers again

Al[Demiurge]
7th Jul 2004, 11:36 AM
Yup, find the [Clones.ClonesGame] section of your ut2004.ini file and change BlueCloneMultiplier and RedCloneMultiplier to different values.

-Al

Al[Demiurge]
7th Jul 2004, 11:36 AM
Oh, as for FF, change FriendlyFireScale to zero in the same section of the .ini.

Kerjo
7th Jul 2004, 06:29 PM
Any plans to add number of clones at start to the setup screen before you start?

Al[Demiurge]
7th Jul 2004, 06:42 PM
None currently, no. We figured it best for the LDs to be able to determine it on a per-level basis. The multiplier is used to basically scale the length of the game. We'll see how that idea pans out once we have more maps. :-)

Al

Jason[Demiurge]
7th Jul 2004, 06:58 PM
']None currently, no. We figured it best for the LDs to be able to determine it on a per-level basis. The multiplier is used to basically scale the length of the game. We'll see how that idea pans out once we have more maps. :-)

Al

Actually, that is not a setting available to level designers. You can use the ut2004.ini file to scale the total clones per map though as Al described.

Al has also requested that I call him a "Ninnee"

Kerjo
7th Jul 2004, 07:08 PM
Color me confuzzled. LD's don't get to decide that, right? Is it possible for a slider to be added so the user can modify this multiplier without opening their ut2004.ini?

Al[Demiurge]
7th Jul 2004, 07:55 PM
Kerjo: certainly a possibility...we'll look into it. Setting up menus is a bit of extra work/time though.

Al

Kerjo
7th Jul 2004, 07:58 PM
Would rock if somehow there was time for it.

TheForgotten
8th Jul 2004, 12:36 AM
console command:
set Clones.ClonesGame BlueCloneMultiplier #

and also

set Clones.ClonesGame RedCloneMultiplier #

Jason[Demiurge]
8th Jul 2004, 12:54 AM
Color me confuzzled. LD's don't get to decide that, right? Is it possible for a slider to be added so the user can modify this multiplier without opening their ut2004.ini?

I've put it on "the list"

This is very much something I would like as well.

cravensmythe
8th Jul 2004, 03:25 AM
I think what would be better is that any clone bandits specific settings could be configured from the web admin screen, i.e. a number of clones box.

So that the value can be configured on the fly between levels without having to edit the ini stop the server and restart again with the new value.

I tend to do all my adjustements using the web admin screen

Kerjo
8th Jul 2004, 09:47 AM
']I've put it on "the list"

This is very much something I would like as well.

Thanks!