PDA

View Full Version : Fraghouse Community Pack

Kaithofis
6th Jul 2004, 11:29 AM
Yes, "the rumours" are true; A FHI Com Pack is being developed

And yes, everything is going nicely, although I think you can never have enough. That's why I'm hereby also asking YOU to submit. Everybody who has interest in anything, wheter it's coding, mapping or even testing some content for the pack, feel free to send a PM or e-mail me or Dark_Dust
Dark Dust will sign you up @ his forum, where you will be granted access to all of the Ownagian content :D

So if there's ANYTHING you can do, we are looking for you ;)

Then included here is an update file, which will be updated regulary
The UNCLEAR section indicates a few semi-submissions of which I would really like some clarity, or suffer from some problems
And for the demanding peeps who want screens, here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=138776) and here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=137634) are some forum threads.

Then on to the update file (http://www.baden.myadsl.nl/FHICP/FHCP%20Update%20File.txt)
Latest Update: 8-8-2004

Artman40
6th Jul 2004, 12:19 PM
Can I join too? I decided to still continue mapping. I am making the map called FHI-BloodPool (which is really strange map because of the new static meshes and some weird gravity usage) which is gonna be pretty good!

Kaithofis
6th Jul 2004, 12:25 PM
Of course you can't
When I type YOU, and we are looking for ANYBODY who has interest, you should've known that the doesn't include you. ;)

Ah, yes, sweet sarcasm. Sure you can. Just sign up @ Dark_Dust's forum.
And Welcome :)

Parser
6th Jul 2004, 03:46 PM
Stickied this thread. :)

The patch news has been up long enough on the FH website, so it's about time you guys got some recognition. I'll make a post tomorrow and get it on the BU frontpage. :)

Dark_Dust
6th Jul 2004, 04:14 PM
Ronin']
Dark Dust will sign you up @ his forum, where you will be granted access to all of the Ownagian content :D

Heh..Ronin.. you'd have to sign up yourself (of course i could do that, but doesnt really make sence eh? :D), then i will authorise you.

@ parser, ty for making it sticky, we'd sure get more attention now.
And we got a new member, ArtMan40, Welcome m8 :)

Turret 49
6th Jul 2004, 08:13 PM
Ronin']
And also (once more) you can find info and screens of a few maps right here in the FH forums.

Erm... My FHI-BOSS-Cornerless map doesn't work now, (if you read the thread of the same name) and so you can take it off the list :)

Turret 49
6th Jul 2004, 08:14 PM
But god, we NEED more mutators and the like, all we basically have is maps :p

Kaithofis
6th Jul 2004, 08:17 PM
Yes I already noticed we seriously lack coders.

Artman- Welcome (again)
Parser- Thanks, a lot (not sarcasm ;))
Dark_Dust- I know, I'm signed in myself you dumbass :P
Turret- Can I confirm the other one though?

Turret 49
7th Jul 2004, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure, look on other forum :( (Dark_Dust's) I hope it's gonna be ok, it took a while to make :(

Artman40
7th Jul 2004, 06:24 AM
Now One preview of the static mesh included in the extras pack...
You see, these bricks look to have depht.
Going in wireframe mode proves that they really have the depht.

Unfortunantly, one static mesh which contains 16 bricks, has exactly 1000 triangles, whih is quite a lot.

Dark_Dust
7th Jul 2004, 10:45 AM
Ronin']I'll try and get it hosted, so not everybody has got to d/l the file.

I'll put that on my site. :)
Im working on it, but unfortunately, i lost some for unknown reason.
Hmpf.. :mad:

Kaithofis
15th Jul 2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah, another update! (if anyone ever views it)
Now we've got 17 announced maps on the list, against... still the same 3 coded additions.
I suppose if the list keeps growing like this, we'll have to make a selection. But don't let that prevent you from submitting them all in! ;)

DeathAdder
15th Jul 2004, 12:36 PM
The more the better. Invasion always needs new maps especially with new exciting stuff in them.

bcwood16
16th Jul 2004, 03:25 AM
Yea, think decent, or at least fun maps submitted should be included in the pack, overall, all the maps included in the pack so far are great :)

I can certainly say being part of the team, that the CP is really going to add sometihng to the FHI mod and I think many FHI players will love the maps. I have certianly had much fun beta testing the ones we have. Keep up the good work everyone.

Captain'04
16th Jul 2004, 06:27 PM
Fraghouse Invasion: Boss life gauges

Name: Fraghouse Extension
Version: v1.00
Compatibility: only tested with build 3236, Fraghouse Invasion 3.1.
Description: Currently contains just one mutator, Boss Life Gauges. This adds a life gauge to your HUD while fighting a boss in Fraghouse Invasion, pure and simple. This means you at least have some indication of how much more work you have to do.
Comments: Hasn't been tested extensively in netplay. To use it, just add the mutator to your list - use the "Fraghouse - Boss life gauges" entry in Instant Action or the GUI/webadmin server setup, and the class FraghouseExtension.FHIBossLife from the command line.
And the spider thing, also about to be owned.
Credits: Fraghouse Invasion is the property of an excellent thinktank, who can be found at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/
This mod was coded from scratch by me in the space of about six hours, but this doesn't include any netplay testing. If you find any bugs in it, please let me know about them so I can work on them.
Homepage: None at present.
Download: http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/FraghouseExtension.zip

Captain'04
16th Jul 2004, 06:28 PM
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398955

Kaithofis
16th Jul 2004, 07:22 PM
hehe, you want this thing in the pack, or just show off with what you've made? :lol:

Anyway, I dunno what the opinion is of the rest of the team, but I'm not really anxious to include this.
You see, the piece of work is awesome, real improvement to the mod itself etc etc, BUT, it's available for download on the Atari forum, it's available here, it's being uploaded to the fileworks and be put on the main site of Fraghouse available for anybody.
And it's not that I don't want it to keep everything 100% exclusive to the team, cause if you search around a bit there are e few maps on the update file (or were) which you can d/l in the forums here.
BUT this is really too much available for me. Actually I wouldn't know why you would want this in, you've got all the publicity you can get...
But as ever, I will be the dutchie that I am; I'm neutral, on everything. Most of the time ;)

Captain'04
17th Jul 2004, 03:33 AM
this was only an idea

Parser
17th Jul 2004, 06:09 AM
The more places you include the boss life gauge mutator in, the more coverage it will get. Simple. :)

Dark_Dust
17th Jul 2004, 07:30 AM
Ronin, why are you run down this mutator? At least, it seems so..
What's wrong with posting this inhere? I didn't knew someone was up to something like this and i guess neither parser did knew..

Heh, my guess you don't want this in the pack is cause someone else coded this while you actually wanted to code it yourself.. or what?
Why exactly should it NOT be in the pack? Saying because it's available for download here and there isn't a valid argument.
Also, did you notice this was posted in Beta forum?
Meaning, this is beta and obviously.. not final.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this Captain'04, this is awesome! There's been quite much demand for such thing in FHI.
Unlike Ronin, i'd like to include the final in the pack (with the author's his/her permission). Why? Parser mentioned it already... And.. the fact that our pack lack any form of coded stuff.

Just my opinion. :)

Kaithofis
17th Jul 2004, 07:53 AM
Ronin']You see, the piece of work is awesome, real improvement to the mod itself etc
*[CON]Ronin wonders why Dark_Dust thinks I dislike the mutator*

Plus, let's see here.... I've been starting to code last Saturday, and Sunday, and... well.. those are the only 2 days I have "coded" in my life
I can't possibly make something like this, and if I would, you know I would be telling it to the whole world ;)

And heck, let's put it in there.
So thank you for this kind offer Captain'04 ;)

Parser
17th Jul 2004, 01:42 PM
Right. Where do you want to take it from here, guys? I can delete that last post and keep this thread open for CIVIL conversation, or I can just leave the post as it is and let you sort it out.

Da_Wrecka
18th Jul 2004, 08:34 AM
Ronin, why are you run down this mutator? At least, it seems so..
What's wrong with posting this inhere? I didn't knew someone was up to something like this and i guess neither parser did knew..

Heh, my guess you don't want this in the pack is cause someone else coded this while you actually wanted to code it yourself.. or what?
Why exactly should it NOT be in the pack? Saying because it's available for download here and there isn't a valid argument.
Also, did you notice this was posted in Beta forum?
Meaning, this is beta and obviously.. not final.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this Captain'04, this is awesome! There's been quite much demand for such thing in FHI.
Unlike Ronin, i'd like to include the final in the pack (with the author's his/her permission). Why? Parser mentioned it already... And.. the fact that our pack lack any form of coded stuff.

Just my opinion. :)

I have no real objections to this being in the Community Pack. Of course, given time any monkey could've code this really. The hard part was fighting with the GUIPage system to allow configuration. The HUD overlay itself was relatively straightforward.

I think it's at the final release stage now, assuming it is as bug-free as possible. (Though there may be room for minor tweaks, like the colour changing) Unfortunately I can't be sure whether it is or not because I've not been able to test it in netplay. If someone can perform that testing, then it should be good to go. The probationary final version is at the same link as the original - http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/FraghouseExtension.zip - so if someone wants to try it out on a server, I'd appreciate some feedback. In particular, I'd like confirmation that the gauge style configuration IS actually client-side and isn't forced to any value in a server configuration.

I've already indicated on the Atari forums that I'd be willing to have Parser link to it, but I'm certainly not going to object to it being in the Fraghouse CBP.

Da_Wrecka
18th Jul 2004, 11:11 AM
For the benefit of those who aren't following the thread on the Atari forums, this mutator is definitely NOT final. It turns out that while it works fine in Instant Action, if you're running a dedicated server with the mutator then clients won't be able to see the gauge. I'm working on ways around this now.

Parser
18th Jul 2004, 11:47 AM
Hey, one word. :)

Replication? :x

[Edit] Ok, two

ServerPackages? :p

Da_Wrecka
18th Jul 2004, 02:32 PM
I've tried replicating the function that spawns the HUD overlays, I've tried replicating the function that activates them, I've tried making both functions simulated, none of it seems to work. :( Of course, that may be because I've not actually fought with replication before and I'm not 100% certain I'm doing it right :/

Parser
18th Jul 2004, 02:47 PM
Check out the Wiki for the replication:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Replicated_Function

In this case you'd want a replication from the server to the client at first glance, but if that doesn't work try the other way round (you'll see what I mean on the page :) ). I've found that it's solved a lot of my netplay function issues in the past.

Da_Wrecka
18th Jul 2004, 07:36 PM
Success! It took considerable fighting with replication and a fairly major hack, but the gauges now work in netplay, with CLIENT-SIDE STYLES! I've uploaded it to the same URL as before. Bear in mind it hasn't been EXTENSIVELY tested in netplay - a friend and I played a single Boss match in which the gauge seemed to work without issue. If someone wants to conduct a more significant test, please let me know how you get on. I don't have the resources to conduct a test with more than about 2 or 3 players.

bcwood16
25th Jul 2004, 03:49 AM
Hi people,

Ok, as a small project, a bit of fun and a break from mapping I decided to make a FHI CP teaser trail of "some" of the content so far.

So i did! :)

This was my first ever attempt making a movie, so dun know how goos it it?
Small problem though, the final product is 16Mins long and 76Mb....oops

However, I have re-recorded it at a lower level and is now 25Mb, tohugh the quaility is not as good so no full screen. I expect it may be a tad long, but as I said it was my first movie. I guess I could edit it and try to delete some not so good parts to bring length down, but if the 25Mb file is a ok size to host then I think I will leave it for now, just its a lot of work to change it all.

Anyway, problem is our CP storage space is not that big, so Dark_Dust and Ronin suggested I ask if it can be put on to Fileworks.....I dun really know what this is cus im rubbish on net stuff....:)

So any suggestions, advice and help would be great.

PS, as i said its my first movie, so dun expect expert content, but im fairly happy with what I have done :)

Parser
25th Jul 2004, 12:49 PM
Hey, cool. :)

Is it all recorded in-game? In any case, if you want to give Windows users a smaller file size (and possibly Linux/Mac users who use good media players) then you could try using Windows Movie Maker (about the only decent piece of software Microsoft made apart from MSOffice) and recode it into WMV - that format is pretty versatile and will give you some nice small filesizes.

bcwood16
26th Jul 2004, 04:09 AM
Yup, its all recorded in game, shows some of the action in the maps that I can get my hands onto in the CP pack for the moment, but that includes quite a few :)

Yes I used Windows Movie Maker, and yea its WMV :) so thats cool.

As i said the smaller size is 26Mb, but it cant go full screen like the ideal 76Mb, but I cant expect people to DL that. However, idealy I would love to record it just a tad bit higher quaility, as its fairly grainy at 26Mb, sometihng like 40MB I think would be just right, it is a 16Min movie.

Dun know what ur thoughts are about that..?

But its more or less ready when ever any one wnats to help host it or what ever, noly be for a little while as its out next month

Parser
26th Jul 2004, 08:05 AM
Hmm. If you catch up with me in IRC (enterthegame #fraghouse) you could send it to me (even the good quality 70MB one if you wanted and I could have a go at getting it down to 40MB). I'd be happy to stick it up on FileWerks. :)

bcwood16
26th Jul 2004, 01:11 PM
Ok thankyou Paerser much appreicated, just hope its ok and not a pile of crap, it was my first ever :)

Il see what I can do some time, many thanks again

T-1
29th Jul 2004, 10:58 AM
Well, I thought I posted about this here, but apparently I havent, so I'm in Hungary right now, and can't code right now. I'll be back on August 9.--+

T-1
1st Aug 2004, 05:31 AM
Wait? Deadline? **** DEADLINES. :mad:

T-1
1st Aug 2004, 05:32 AM
Stupid forums censoring my post.

Kaithofis
1st Aug 2004, 08:31 AM
use a space ;)

T-1
2nd Aug 2004, 04:24 AM
Oh, ok thanks. Time to try again:

What? Deadlines? F U C K deadlines!

bcwood16
3rd Aug 2004, 03:10 AM
Hello everybody......:)

umm....yea...so hows things with everyone.

Me not done a lot recently with the project, so sorry abount that, just been very busy and trying to sort recent events out in me life *sob*

...anyway, will be back to project work by the week end I hope, finish all my beta maps for the BP.

Also, im getting confused, so WHAT is the dead line NOW for the CP....? need to plan things out u know

Captain'04
4th Aug 2004, 05:16 PM
any releasedate?

Dark_Dust
8th Aug 2004, 04:04 PM
Originally the release date was set on 15th of August, but we will delay it for a few weeks. Don't ask me why, coz im just back from vacation and need to rest. :p
So i'll find some time to update the 'Official FHCP Site' this week. Check it one of these days for more info about the happenings around the FHCP. (click sig banner)

Ta! :)

Artman40
9th Aug 2004, 01:56 PM
aaaaargh!
My pc crashed and i'm writing this post in another computer.
Sorry, no Emghilju :shake: :( :( :shake:

Mr Marik
16th Aug 2004, 09:18 PM
Hey Dark_Dust, can I have my FHI-Encircled map added to the FHCP?

Although on reading the list of what will/is currently in it, I'd like to add some of that stuff to my map (V2 weapons, Particle Turrets, MiniRocketLauncher Turrets, the "5 new weapons").

Any chance I can maybe have those things mentioned above now, so I can add them to the map, and then submit it in time for the FCHP's release? :D

Dark_Dust
17th Aug 2004, 11:22 AM
Check yer pm. ;)

Mr. SlackPants
17th Aug 2004, 11:58 AM
Can i join, oh please, oh please, oh pretty pleasssssseeee. I'll be a nice guy and make you lot's of nice maps. ;) :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Dark_Dust
17th Aug 2004, 12:44 PM
Come on ppl, KEEP BEGGING!! :D

Dark_Dust
23rd Aug 2004, 03:43 PM
Today i have updated the FhCP site with 17 brand NEW screenshots of total 7 maps. I have also updated several other pages.

Head over to www.fhi-communitypack.tk (http://www.fhi-communitypack.tk) to find out or click this link (http://home.planet.nl/~the_undertaker/News.htm) (ad free) if the other link doesn't work.

Feel free to post your thoughts and such here... heh..
;)

Raden
23rd Aug 2004, 06:39 PM
Might I just say how much donkey nuts it sucks to know that this was delayed by a few WEEKS. It might as well be an eternity. :(

hurry up, damn it :p

Mr. SlackPants
24th Aug 2004, 02:06 AM
Ah, but isn't it nice to know there will be even more content in the pack then there was previously. ;)

bcwood16
24th Aug 2004, 03:23 AM
Yup, lots more content, plus more testing and more polishing up, its only a few weeks, it will soon past, glad you looking forward to it though :)

We needed the extra time anyway, we only a small team and we have done loads of maps, takes ages just to make one, even the simple ones. I can honestly say we are getting things together now, everyone on the team is very excited.

Mr Marik
24th Aug 2004, 07:37 AM
Glad to see my main map is in the pack. And doing well. :)

You don't have to add PlanetArborea. It was just a small project - my first map made from scratch. But if it's going in, then that's cool too.

Dark_Dust
24th Aug 2004, 11:20 AM
Heh.. there is nothing i have to add here, Mr.Slackpants and Baz said it all. :)

Mr Marik
28th Aug 2004, 11:22 PM
I'm in the process of making a new map. At the moment it's going through adjustments, so it won't be appearing yet.

What I will tell you though, is that I used some StaticMeshes from Chaos UT (latest version of course) in the map. So you'll need Chaos UT to see them.

I am also considering adding a few more weapons and vehicles from other mods too, like Airpower (vehicles) and Unreal 4 Ever (few weapons).

Mr. SlackPants
29th Aug 2004, 02:32 AM
Mr. marik. using content from other mods is not smart. People that wont have it will not be able to play your map.

Also one other more important thing. Did you ask permission at the chaosUT team to use their content ? If you didn't asked or haven't got permission don't use it at all.

Using content for which you dont have permission to use is bad practice.

Mr Marik
29th Aug 2004, 02:43 AM
In that case my new map is screwed......or is it?? Hehehe!!
Well in that case, I'll redesign everything to be Fraghouse and normal UT (vehicle wise for the latter).

My map is structured like so. At one end, there are 3 "bases". One is where most players will spawn, and there are many turrets and cannons for use there. Next is the "armoury", where you will find a heap of weapons, ammo, shield and health. Finally, the "motorpool", where you have a heap of vehicles to drive.

Sound good?

Mr. SlackPants
29th Aug 2004, 02:52 AM
Well. i'm not saying you can't use vehicles and weapons from other mods. But you do limit your audiance even further with it. FHI has already a limited player base and i don't think everyone is prepared to download and install even more mods just for a map. Certainly not 56k-ers. So if you use other weapons and such, make sure you want that.

What i do say is that you should not use the chaosUT stuff, certainly not if you haven't asked. :) If you had permission you could, but personly i wouldn't do it at all.

Map idea sounds good to me. :D

I'm working on my second map as well. Got some screenies if anyone is interested. :)

[edit]Removed the pictures, sicne they where old. I'll post new ones. :)

bcwood16
29th Aug 2004, 04:09 AM
Sweet looks very cool :)

Hope you optimise is well enough for FHI, just once all the monsters, shooting, rockets and battle intence action starts large detaild maps die....:(

Its looking great though, should be a good one :)

Dark_Dust
29th Aug 2004, 04:18 AM
Mr.Marik.. We dont want "bad things" to happen now do we?

Well Baz, you can minimise it by properly putting anti portals in and zoning.

!! oi Slack, Neat screenies man :D

Mr. SlackPants
29th Aug 2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah. Well fps is excellent at this point. It has a lot of detail, but fps is keeping somewhere around 60-65. Which is above average for my machine. With most epic maps i'm around 35, so i think i should be able to keep the fps at a nice rate. :)

Thanks for the comment. :D

Dark_Dust
29th Aug 2004, 04:26 AM
Hm.. i also have some screens (also posted in our own forum btw, you might have seen it)

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/fhcp/previewshots/SS01.jpg

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/fhcp/previewshots/SS02.jpg

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/fhcp/previewshots/SS03.jpg

This map aint done yet, so you surely will see some difference in the final version. Also, vehicles will be used. :)

Mr. SlackPants
31st Aug 2004, 03:49 PM
Ok then. Couple of screenies from the map. :)

http://sv4.3dbuzz.com/clanUED/files/users/mrslackpants/FHI_FrigidDarkening03.jpg http://sv4.3dbuzz.com/clanUED/files/users/mrslackpants/FHI_FrigidDarkening04.jpg

LEDx0rz
28th Sep 2004, 05:13 PM
Hm.. i also have some screens (also posted in our own forum btw, you might have seen it)
This map aint done yet, so you surely will see some difference in the final version. Also, vehicles will be used. :)

hmm, i see a shocking resemblence between that map and another map (forgot the name) from serious sam, was it inspired by it or is it a remake of it?

Dark_Dust
2nd Oct 2004, 07:11 AM
That's right.. it's sort of a remake..i don't know the SS map name either.. :lol:

Raden
2nd Nov 2004, 05:19 PM
Was this beta tested? It's not an insult, it's a real question. What I'm about to say may sound harsh but it's not intended (if you know me and my style anyway.)

There's a problem with suicidal bosses in Boss Rush when you use mutators. When I don't use mutators, it works just fine. The second I flavour the game with anything but "vanilla", the bosses commit seppuku. If every other game type can get mutators to work......

In Fraghouse Reloaded, when you do an objective map: you complete the map, and the game keeps playing until you die.

In regular FHI, map FHI-FrigidDarkening: Nothing on-screen works. When you get that "next wave in 10, 9, 8..." etc. countdown, the numbers don't showup at the top. When you grab a weapon, it doesn't say "you picked up the <weapon name>." I didn't think this was even possible to do in a map.

There is a really dark map that takes place underground or in a cave or something (sorry for not remembering the name.) When you complete a wave on that map, it doesn't increment, so you're stuck at wave 1 forever.

How does stuff like this happen? If it were a problem across the board (on all the maps, not just one), it could be attributed to the mod, but apart from the boss rush thing these are all map-specific. I didn't know you could do things like that to maps.

Artman40
26th Apr 2005, 01:31 PM
I also made a short bugs and things-that-could-be-improved list in the latest news's comments in the Fraghouse main site.

Mimiked
4th May 2005, 09:22 PM
It would be nice if the next FHI community pack has this kind of level concept
Here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=158421)

SacredLye
4th Jun 2005, 04:15 PM
I notice that FHI 4.0 does not have several of the things that the FHCP came with. Are there plans to update the FHCP so that FHI 4.0 has Fraghouse Reloaded and Boss run as well as any maps that may have been missed??

Sacred

Da_Wrecka
15th Jun 2005, 03:55 PM
Fraghouse Extension, the package containing Boss Rush and Reloaded as well as the Life Gauges mutator, was my writing. It was included in the FHCP because the organisers thought it would be nice to put it in there and naturally I thought "Hey! Free publicity! Way!" Lately though I've been having my time sucked up by "work", Half Life 2, and...well, that's about it.

In short; don't gripe at the Fraghouse team about the lack of Boss Rush et al. Gripe at me. :)

DeathAdder
1st Aug 2005, 01:26 PM
Is it about time for an FHCP for FHI IV? Dark Dust, where are you?

Dark_Dust
2nd Aug 2005, 10:18 AM
Right here my friend. :)

I was on holiday for 2 and a half week and just returned last sunday.

There is already little work done on the new FHCP. As soon as BU is back up, read the newsie on the fhcp site.

lvlorpheus
6th Nov 2005, 01:48 PM
I know its a bit late but, good work on the FHCP. :tup: I must admit I thought I had the pack until one day it was listed on the Fraghouse site as a download.

Dark_Dust
7th Nov 2005, 10:27 AM
It is never to late m8. Cheers! :cool: