PDA

View Full Version : Clone Bandits enhancements

ilyas
5th Jul 2004, 09:22 PM
I want to start of by saying that Clone Bandits is a WICKEDLY FUN game. Like in every other mutator or mod, there are "buts". There is this Barracuda tune that really frustrates me. It is this tune that drivers of the cars play in real life when driving at night down the roads. This might not sound such a big issue but if you play the tune every 2 to 5 seconds over and over again (like in the game) then it starts to get very very very very frustrating. It even plays when barracudas are not near you e.g. i was riding moscowboy around a cliff all by myself with no one around me with this tune in my ears. One suggestion would be to deactivate bots from playing the tune or to stop the barracuda playing the tune itself and instead make a key so you can play it when you feel like it.

It would be ABSOLUTELY AWSOME if u can make noew vehicles in the near future for the game. An idea that is stuck to my head is an anti-moscowboy vehicle that locks on moscow boy and shoots rockets that destroy the vehicle in one shot. To make it harder, you have to continue locking on to the moscowboy for the rocket to hit. Since moscowboys are fast, maybe have the rocket travel faster than that of the avril and also have like mega explosions when the rockets makes a contact with the moscowboy.
The vehicle at the same time should be light and fast and have a machine gun for another player to control.

Another vehicle you could make is a medium vehicle with a trailor so teammates can get up and shoot from it at the same time taking a nice ride to enemy base. This also means that more clones can be stolen and neans that enemy has to be alert for these vehicles.

What do you think?

I won't mention about adding more maps since you guys are planning to make more anyway.

Al[Demiurge]
6th Jul 2004, 10:20 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Are you referring to the dukes-of-hazard horn that plays when the player stays in the air for a long time? Do you have the latest UT2K4 patch installed?

I would love to see more multi-person vehicles but we're not convinced that it would fit the fast-pacing of the game to have to wait around for comrades to hop in the vehicle with you. We've got lots of ideas for vehicles bouncing around in our heads -- we'll see what happens.

Jason[Demiurge]
6th Jul 2004, 11:21 AM
As for the horn, I think I know what you're talking about, and this is a known bug. What is happening is that when a 'Cuda goes into the air (as defined by having none of it's wheels on the ground and someone inside) and it's there for longer than something like 4 seconds, it will play the dukes of hazard horn. So what can happen is that a bot will flip the car upside down and just enjoy the view from within the car indefinitely causing the dukes of hazard horn to loop until the bot driving is persuaded to leave (preferably with a rocket launcher). Hopefully this will be fixed in the future version.

As for a transport, currently if you can make it on top of a vehicle (usually by double jumping). you can use it to transport as many brave clone-mates as will fit on the top of it. It makes for an exciting ride when you've crammed a couple people on top of the 'cuda and head for the ramp. Be warned though, it's very easy to fall off...

ilyas
11th Jul 2004, 04:28 AM
YES THAT'S IT JASON! I have noticed many many many times that when a bot flips his car upside down and stays on the ground, that tune plays over and over and over and over again. Thanx for understanding me. By the way, it is a gd point made about tranportation how u have to wait for players to get up on the trailer...it would slow the game down and by the time u get organised, an enemy player would capture a clone and arrive back into his/her base...i did not think of that at first...

Just for curiosity, what kind of vehicles are u looking at designing? It would be AWSOME if u add some more vehicles and it will just add MORE to the FUN factor! (even though it is already beyond fun)