so i met =vÐ=grASShopper

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wagwannadon

Banned
Apr 17, 2004
wagwannadon
well what can i say i was playing in gdc server and hopper was playing there aswell he didnt impress me much i saw him go up against guys one on one and died.

he finnaly said something aswell.

grasshopper

and he also said GG aswell.

like i said he didnt impress me much but i would still like a duel with him.

Attachments

• Shot00001.JPG
    Shot00001.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 211

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
lol... i have to agree with unreal here guys... i seen him play quite a few times and please... if you think he is 'special' then you should see him play in real (i mean see his hands on the keyboard/mouse) then tell me "what a great pianist" gosh please.. the game aint about smashing a keyboard and skill aint in "hopping around like a wabbit"...

I killed him plenty of times... i look up to detta (omni) or the dcsb guys a lot more then to grasshopper. Maybe thats because im a bad judgement...

I try not to forget the 18 years i have experiance with online games... with first person shooters... with movements and tactics.... all the different game systems i've handled... and all the knowledge i have about networking.

funny that in the screenshot he type something "not with this ping" now there EXACTLY there we have the whole point of this game... YOU CANT COMPARE PLAYER A WITH PLAYER B WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE NETWORK THEY ARE ON (or the computer they are using).

A bit of skill + a good use (abuse?) of lag/speed will make you look like a winner. Some like it.. others feel like its a 'waste of time'.

King of Hearts said:
Unreal, I'm starting a petition to have you sexually sterilized, care to sign?

Lol unreal mate... uuh..... i also started to doubt if it would be wise for the world if we let you have children (lol.. JOKE man.. its a JOKE :-)).

And duels... uuh.. i bet that if we on lan with both the same system that mr.winner will turn out to be so cunfused about my gameplay he/she will stop play and start to look at my hands on my keyboard with a look in the eyes like "fvck.. thats quite creative.. but how can it be of any use for me?".. or "i hate him".

Its cool to try to make others not be able to guess where you are going.. but a few ranger jumps are just too simple for me... if i got lag and 5fps and a ranger is jumping like crazy all i think is "if he only knew i couldnt even hit him if he stand still.. with 5fps and ping 150 i not even gonna try". But still i can make the round win for us.

Most players have no clue about 'distractions' and 'bogus movements just to keep the man busy while the rest of the team sneakes in the base to get the job done'.

Take care guys... i go check that friggin CWS virus i got on my gaming system.

Last edited:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
I just think all the people that a lot of you consider incredible are just a bunch of little bastards running machines that can pump nice frames, or more frames per second than God; to me, that's the only reason why great rangers are so great; probably the only legit reason why people play ranger more often right after they upgrade, and if you don't see them playing as a ranger, why? Probably 'cause of FPS...maybe connection. I know Auron is a good player, I feel for him 'cause his machines sucks as bad as mine, imagine what he can do with 30+,40+,50+ FPS with a connection that doesn't chronically **** itself? I can adjust to ping and all that network crap anyday, as long as I have some FPS to see myself take 2 steps. >:0 I don't buy into those m4d l33t players; it's all mechanical advantage to me. o.o That's my biggest grudge.

Don't say that FPS doesn't matter, 'cause it does; I don't care who you are, if you don't think so, call me when Jeff Gordon wins the Indy 500 driving a Pinto or a car made in the 70's; there's a threshold and times when skill isn't performance-dependent, but I can name a million scenarios in this game when gear does matter, seriously, too. >.<

Online gaming on computers doesn't justify skill too well; especially 'cause of the availability of peripheral advantage devices out there, different machine specs, different connections, etc; too me, PC gaming skill is just having great players with the luxury of having damn good machines 'cause they have money to throw around; if I can do a damn good job running 10-20 FPS constant and be one of the best in some matches in pubs and stuff; give me 60 FPS and I'll promise I'm be better by a tenfold 'cause I already know my keys and use them with great efficiency, I know most of those lil' tactics and all that crap inside and out; I just need the performance. ;)

So all that dueling crap to me is just a severely blunt estimate. ^^ Going one-on-one, just the same; especially in this game; it ain't deathmatch and points anyways. ;)

....and if any of you are running a CPU better than my 1.3Ghz Intel, I hate you.

dA_gay

Banned
Jul 4, 2004
HaHaHa OMG don't me laugh you guys, especially you Kissass. Tell your mom she better go back to work in Saigon for a couple of months so she can buy you a new comp.

I have a 2000 mhz Pentium 4, 1gb of ram, a sweet video card and an awesome Sony monitor. And I've had it now for like 2 years. Jesus, you guys are out of date.

But what's really L33T about my system is the home theater/stereo system. I have a 6 channel amplifier, speakers that are handmade in Germany, and a Super Audio CD Player. Super Audio discs sound a lot better than regular CD's, although the players are really expensive.

So what does this mean? Well it means two things. One, that when I'm playing XMP my sound pwns yours. Secondly, it's another way that TKL owns you. HahaHaHaHa!!!! LMAO

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Stoneblind said:
I just think all the people that a lot of you consider incredible are just a bunch of little bastards running machines that can pump nice frames, or more frames per second than God; to me, that's the only reason why great rangers are so great; probably the only legit reason why people play ranger more often right after they upgrade, and if you don't see them playing as a ranger, why? Probably 'cause of FPS...maybe connection. I know Auron is a good player, I feel for him 'cause his machines sucks as bad as mine, imagine what he can do with 30+,40+,50+ FPS with a connection that doesn't chronically **** itself? I can adjust to ping and all that network crap anyday, as long as I have some FPS to see myself take 2 steps. >:0 I don't buy into those m4d l33t players; it's all mechanical advantage to me. o.o That's my biggest grudge.

Don't say that FPS doesn't matter, 'cause it does; I don't care who you are, if you don't think so, call me when Jeff Gordon wins the Indy 500 driving a Pinto or a car made in the 70's; there's a threshold and times when skill isn't performance-dependent, but I can name a million scenarios in this game when gear does matter, seriously, too. >.<

Online gaming on computers doesn't justify skill too well; especially 'cause of the availability of peripheral advantage devices out there, different machine specs, different connections, etc; too me, PC gaming skill is just having great players with the luxury of having damn good machines 'cause they have money to throw around; if I can do a damn good job running 10-20 FPS constant and be one of the best in some matches in pubs and stuff; give me 60 FPS and I'll promise I'm be better by a tenfold 'cause I already know my keys and use them with great efficiency, I know most of those lil' tactics and all that crap inside and out; I just need the performance. ;)

So all that dueling crap to me is just a severely blunt estimate. ^^ Going one-on-one, just the same; especially in this game; it ain't deathmatch and points anyways. ;)

....and if any of you are running a CPU better than my 1.3Ghz Intel, I hate you.

Words of a wise man... but i hate him too (im at 800mhz atm.. lol that explains huh? ;-)).

I HATE YOU ALL.. but i love to play with ya :)...

See greece... they won euro2004 final due to their teamplay... i love that, im a teamplayer to the bone... playing to have fun.. not to win.
Ten 800mhz cpu's will always beat one 3,6ghz one!

And Keasis? He's way cool... he never shot me so i do like him... shut up gay dude :) *and have a nice day.. both of ya*

P.s. hey GAY what brand of speakers you got? Handmade in germany? You nazi (lol bad joke...) German products often are so friggin GOOD.. i love em too. Oh and GAY... dont worry i have just hidden your posts on my guestbook since your drawings are a little bit over-the-top. The point is i got little children visit there as well (kids from friends and family, below 5 year olds) so i had to moderate a little bit. Im sure you dont want to put those big penises in the little minds of those innocent little girls and boys that only wanna draw a circle or square there.

(good luck with your radio show ;))

Last edited:

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
iCQ, hm not impressed by someone probably warping. think of it this way, grasshopper has a mediocre to poor connection to US servers, and you want to see him jump through ****ing hoops with 250 ping? god stfu, have dcsb or whomever come to us servers, and beat even average people it'd be tough fight. Stoneblind- i got similar fps, and played ranger for months you can compensate by just capping instead of fighting..

dA_gay

Banned
Jul 4, 2004
iCQ said:
Words of a wise man... but i hate him too (im at 800mhz atm.. lol that explains huh? ;-)).

I HATE YOU ALL.. but i love to play with ya :)...

See greece... they won euro2004 final due to their teamplay... i love that, im a teamplayer to the bone... playing to have fun.. not to win.
Ten 800mhz cpu's will always beat one 3,6ghz one!

And Keasis? He's way cool... he never shot me so i do like him... shut up gay dude :) *and have a nice day.. both of ya*

P.s. hey GAY what brand of speakers you got? Handmade in germany? You nazi (lol bad joke...) German products often are so friggin GOOD.. i love em too. Oh and GAY... dont worry i have just hidden your posts on my guestbook since your drawings are a little bit over-the-top. The point is i got little children visit there as well (kids from friends and family, below 5 year olds) so i had to moderate a little bit. Im sure you dont want to put those big penises in the little minds of those innocent little girls and boys that only wanna draw a circle or square there.

(good luck with your radio show ;))

Radio Show?? LOL ooooook. Yeah I just like to mess around with your guestbook now and then, hope you don't mind. Actually I think it's one of the coolest guestbooks I've ever seen.

My speakers are by Kirksaeter. They're one of Germany's oldest audio companies. Germany makes amazing audio equipment that in my opinion can rival any in the world. And trust me, I've listened to a lot. I onced compared a German speaker that was priced only at $1500 to an English speaker that was $2500 and the German one beat it hands down even with an identical amplifier.

damn

Jan 27, 2004
bitch bitch bitch bitch

It's not anyone but your own fault you have such a bad computer...It's like a hobo saying its unfair someone has nice things and he doesn't, people might listen, but no one will give half a damn. If you want the preformance, pay for it. The game is poorly optimized anyways, I'm running a 3ghz P4 and 9800 pro and my FPS goes under 20 quite often.

Bitching about how horrible the computer you choose to use doesn't accomplish anything. Upgrade, shut up, or quit....

EDIT: 6 year old hardware is made for 6 year old software.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
petCROW said:
bitch bitch bitch bitch

It's not anyone but your own fault you have such a bad computer...It's like a hobo saying its unfair someone has nice things and he doesn't, people might listen, but no one will give half a damn. If you want the preformance, pay for it. The game is poorly optimized anyways, I'm running a 3ghz P4 and 9800 pro and my FPS goes under 20 quite often.

Bitching about how horrible the computer you choose to use doesn't accomplish anything. Upgrade, shut up, or quit....

EDIT: 6 year old hardware is made for 6 year old software.

#1. I was being sarcastic about it; your seriousness; it's your health. It's my health too, but I really don't care if I cut my life short a couple years over what I feel. I'm content with it.

#2. Let's go private if you want to talk about it; I've got all day. I'd rather not do it publicly. Besides, we're in Apathy America, most people don't care, it's just how it is, but seeing as you seem spoke up, you're welcome to discuss it with me.

#3. I have a grudge with a little inevitable concept called inequity; I'm a disbeliever of money's integrity as well. Tends to hinder enjoyment of things sometimes, it's not something all people have. Inevitable, unbeatable; but I'm not one to succumb to things so easily; besides, I exercise my rights, just as you do by typing out that message, and I happened to have a keyboard in front of me, and I'm an expressive guy. Let's go.

#4. I bitch freely; we can all be convicted of the same crime; hypocrisy is as common as urinating. Got anything on your mind? Packetless? Something? I'm all ears and I'm a debater, don't expect me to take you on publicly; I'd rather not, but I will if I feel it be necessary.

#5. None of you are obligated to listen; responses such as yours merely provide the wood for the flame; I'm literally a furnance; I like heat. If you want to debate about it maturely, let's go. Blood, sweat, tears; it's my game. Things die if you leave it alone; stick your finger in a bottle of acid, it'll burn; go on, try putting your whole hand into it; PM me. I'm not the least bit intimidated.

This goes to anyone else. If you have an problem, I may not be able to frag you, but I like a good challenge, PM me.

OnYx(DCSB)

Jolt Adm1n
Mar 15, 2004
I've played with and against hopper in euro and usa servers (Organised scrims). He is special, No question.
Saying that we scrimmed Omni last night and what a reality check, think thats the biggest hammering we have ever had. They are the strongest clan I have ever played against in XMP.

¤V¤THEROCK

THEROCK
Apr 13, 2004
Unknown
why the hell has this topic changed
it started from being a thread from UNREAL that he finally got to see grasshopper in action and now its a thread about 'what kind of computer u have'
WTF....
but this seems to happen alot to UNREAL's threads.......but WHY?
LOL
next this thread might become how Too Gay's avatua (the person is called Derek Zoolander from the film Zoolander--- and trust me it was a gay film) starts teh buttseke everyone. lol

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
Stoneblind said:
#1. I was being sarcastic about it; your seriousness; it's your health. It's my health too, but I really don't care if I cut my life short a couple years over what I feel. I'm content with it.

#2. Let's go private if you want to talk about it; I've got all day. I'd rather not do it publicly. Besides, we're in Apathy America, most people don't care, it's just how it is, but seeing as you seem spoke up, you're welcome to discuss it with me.

#3. I have a grudge with a little inevitable concept called inequity; I'm a disbeliever of money's integrity as well. Tends to hinder enjoyment of things sometimes, it's not something all people have. Inevitable, unbeatable; but I'm not one to succumb to things so easily; besides, I exercise my rights, just as you do by typing out that message, and I happened to have a keyboard in front of me, and I'm an expressive guy. Let's go.

#4. I bitch freely; we can all be convicted of the same crime; hypocrisy is as common as urinating. Got anything on your mind? Packetless? Something? I'm all ears and I'm a debater, don't expect me to take you on publicly; I'd rather not, but I will if I feel it be necessary.

#5. None of you are obligated to listen; responses such as yours merely provide the wood for the flame; I'm literally a furnance; I like heat. If you want to debate about it maturely, let's go. Blood, sweat, tears; it's my game. Things die if you leave it alone; stick your finger in a bottle of acid, it'll burn; go on, try putting your whole hand into it; PM me. I'm not the least bit intimidated.

This goes to anyone else. If you have an problem, I may not be able to frag you, but I like a good challenge, PM me.

That was, by far, the most eloquently and elegently crafted post that has ever and, most likely, will ever grace these autisum-riddled forums.

And the rock, as much of a distaste I have for t00_Gay, Zoolander ruled.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Unreal you need to stop copycatting other people's nicks and try to suck even more then you do already.

:)

dA_gay

Banned
Jul 4, 2004
¤V¤THEROCK said:
why the hell has this topic changed
it started from being a thread from UNREAL that he finally got to see grasshopper in action and now its a thread about 'what kind of computer u have'
WTF....
but this seems to happen alot to UNREAL's threads.......but WHY?
LOL
next this thread might become how Too Gay's avatua (the person is called Derek Zoolander from the film Zoolander--- and trust me it was a gay film) starts teh buttseke everyone. lol

YES YOU BET YOUR SWEET BOTTOM DOLLAR ZOOLANDER RULED LMAO

NOW LET'S DISCUSS ZOOLANDER

Status
Not open for further replies.