PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue mapping?

Artman40
4th Jul 2004, 10:33 AM
3 years ago i Made map called MH-Nightmare and sent this to monsterhunt website. Then I was emailed back after the format C:(I didn't have floppys or CD writer at this time) that the file was corrupted. :( :( :( :( :(
More than 1 month later, I managed to make better map called MH-Extremelab[]. This time I copied the map on floppy before formating the harddisk. But after the formating the water was spilt on floppy and it was useless. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then after more than the month, the same map I tried to reconstruct(that was even better than the original) the harddisk broke down and I broke down too, of course... :rant: :rant: :rant:
Now 2 and half years later I was about a halfway of making FHI-BloodPool. Suddenly the file became somehow corrupted and useless. :mad: :( :mad: :mad: :rant:

Now should I continue mapping or just quit and start ranting on every mapper I know?

bcwood16
4th Jul 2004, 02:45 PM
dude!! thats sucks!!

Sorry to hear about it all.....ouch

BUGG
4th Jul 2004, 03:39 PM
well i think continue

bcwood16
4th Jul 2004, 04:28 PM
yea, go for it, just keep backups as much as u can, i always make a back up on a different hard drive (if u have that lexury) at the end of each day of working on it.

Persistance will pay off in the end :)

Kaithofis
4th Jul 2004, 04:45 PM
You can do it Artman!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Artman40
5th Jul 2004, 08:56 AM
Good that the static mesh file wasn't corrupted, the hardest part to make...
[Edit] I saw that maps are corrupting in the editor somehow...
At least I can do the static meshes, they are pretty nice.(walls mainly)

Artman40
19th Jul 2004, 07:42 AM
Ronin']You can do it Artman!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
And I did it :-)

Ronin']Persistance will pay off in the end
And it payed. I'm happy with my zombie map now(zombie because I resurrected it). :D :D