UTXMP Interview with Alex "Raptor" Dobie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
You can read an interview about UTXMP HERE

Bummer, Freefall will not be ported over, sniff, sniff :(

*edit* I hope they dont alter the games speed at all. I personally didnt mind the "wading through treacle" at all.

How do you guys feel about the idea of teleporting through deploy points? Personally, I feel they should keep the game as true to the original as possible.

Either way, I really cant wait to see this :)

FTO =)

Last edited:

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
You can also go read the interview here www.utxmp.com

Thanks to preys-world and RaptoR for the interview!

Thanks
Callisto - UTXMP admin

Keasis

frequent eembotter
May 28, 2004
In the basement
Yeah, its really cool.
Nice interview. :)

Btw, IMO the teleporting through deploys is just by using the functionality thats already in 2k4, only slightly modified. However, this could mean disaster for deploy hacking. Only one person constantly teleporting, could protect the complete set of deploys. I rather would not have this functionality.

Keasis

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
I agree with Keasis.

Panda man...this game is dieing a slow, painful death. Why not just embrase the fact its getting the brain transplant it so desperately needs?

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
i hope they keep it the same for the initial release. If people want more, they can add it later.

just give ppl time to get aquianted with the gem that is xmp before screwing with it.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
please no kaminari unless they are goin to make it a liitle more gunner friendly aka butiing in a harby or raptor instead of the unused jugger and decrease the deploys and add a gen a map that size needs more 2 (same with wonderwoods)
i like the teleprter idea helps the gunner get back and allows interseption of arti carriers that littel easier for gunners (rather then getting a raptor to chase down that arti carrier)
wading through treacle if that was the case iu would beable to snipe everyone rangers play like they are wading through trampolenes already so NO MORE DAMED SPEED

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
I think Keasis already pointed out the hugest flaw on the switching through deploy points idea. I think movement should remain the same. With the teleport ideal, deploy hacking would be pointless, because it would be so simple to just switch to the deploy without having to actually respawn - it takes away the pressure of having to hold on to your spawns.

Rangers are meant to move fast and be able to get across the map quickly, in the same way Gunners are meant to move slowly because they've got all of that power (used mainly for defending close areas). Keep it that way.

Looking forward to this conversion, though, very much.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Actually, the only thing that i would like to see done is to be able to toggle through your vehicles to go from driving then to using the tank cannon or raptor machine gun without exiting the vehicle like in UT2004. If they can do it, great. If not, its not the end of the world, but would be nice.

Loqa

Dec 13, 2001
the low lands
Visit site
Nice interview
Freefall Rules.:) :eek:

I actualy thought about making a deploy teleport mutator some time ago, might do it just to see it in action. You could also make it so you allways get the full deploy time if you teleport or some thing like that to make it a little slower.

communist

Mar 19, 2002
Vandenberg Airbase
Visit site
The only problem I have with Kaminari - it has a bit too much Deploy Points.
Deploy point transporting?! Hell no - it takes away the pressure to hack things fast or all the tension when you respawn in the last second and manage to kill the hacker :)

Oh and "Scott Dalton working on HL2"?! The HL2 = Half-life2 ?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ummmm they just make it so you can't teleport to a respawn that is being hacked (but you can still respawn there). NOT HARD...sheesh.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Yea, cannot trasnport between dps when it's being hacked, good idea. Still i think the interview was kindof shy... now they didnt tell much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.