2D/texture artist looking for work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crimson_Ghost

Jul 2, 2004
I tried starting a mod of my own with a friend but, due to lack of help by the community, we have had to cancell it simply because we couldnt find a mapper or modeler. So I am now seeking to be apart of a small mod team. I can texture cars/weapons and other things. I also can do you concept art here is an example of a drawing i did from something i saw online once... so if you want to contact me, my AIM is Stagnated Lives or respond to this thread

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

GuruKnight

May 7, 2004
Hey,

Would you like to design medieval/fantasy type stuff for a mod? Check us out at http://forums.gibbering.net/index.php?showtopic=381

Any type of help is appreciated. The type of stuff you can do are buildings, weapons, player models, effects, etc.

Btw, that is a nice sketch. Really liking the curves and style. Although the arm seems a bit too thin.

Last edited:

Crimson_Ghost

Jul 2, 2004
I asked the community to help. no one did so because of that the mod died. We did everything in our power to help and keep the mod going, but without support and help its nothing. so yes, due to lack of help by the community, the mod died.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
I asked the community to help.
So that means the community has a choice whether or not to respond to the request of help.

no one did so because of that the mod died.
But that is just as good as saying, 'My computer sucks because my job sucks, thus I can't upgrade to a better computer'

We did everything in our power to help and keep the mod going, but without support and help its nothing.
Well that depends doesn't it? Why not learn the neccessary skills to progress the mod further on your own? It's not like people were born to only do certain things.

Crimson_Ghost

Jul 2, 2004
you are suggesting that i learn how to model, map, program, and do all the art work on my own.Lets see, how many of thoughs can you do well ? by than the next UT game will be out and I rather not have a half assed mod as you suggest that one man makes. Lets see, how many of thoughs can you do well ?

Aegeri

Mad Microbiologist, of ASSHATTERY
Mar 15, 2004
New Zealand
Crimson_Ghost said:
you are suggesting that i learn how to model, map, program, and do all the art work on my own.Lets see, how many of thoughs can you do well ? by than the next UT game will be out and I rather not have a half assed mod as you suggest that one man makes. Lets see, how many of thoughs can you do well ?

Exactly, I myself am making a mod that involves remaking a spiritual successor to the old turn based strategy games I love, and that many are missing out on (incompatibility issues, can't find them etc). This is a large undertaking from me but I am indeed learning many of those skills so I can at least make SOME grounding.

I am not about to come begging for help when I haven't got even the vaguest clue if my core concepts will work, or the ability to lead a team and ensure things get done.

This community helps me in more ways than I can ask for, by providing countless hours of tutorial reading fun written on someone elses time and expense- FOR FREE AND FOR NOTHING. It isn't the communities fault if you asked for help and didn't have a concept or similar that was interesting enough to draw help from a *limited* pool of available resources. I want to heavily emphasise the *limited* part of that again. In the end if you want to work on something you have to have a good clear concept, or alternatively learn to do things for yourself, rather than blambing others when people with the skills you create aren't spontaneously created when you ask for them.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Great art!!

Draw me a western dragon. :) Does it have anything to do with a mod? Nope, I just love dragons.

And some of those small one, two, or three people mods can be rather impressive. Personally, the less people the better I think. I've already got everything covered I need at the moment. Is your mod the one that had the medieval post here last month?

Rob(XRT)

Jul 6, 2004
Me again

Crimson_Ghost said:
I asked the community to help. no one did so because of that the mod died. We did everything in our power to help and keep the mod going, but without support and help its nothing. so yes, due to lack of help by the community, the mod died.

Actauly thats not true, remember i was offering to create models for u if your scripter would help us which you offered in the first place then denied later on.
Anyways concidering your situation on the mod, think u could let your friend know that were still looking for scripters.
www.unrealxrt.com

Last edited:

Darquewing

The All unKnowing
May 24, 2004
Huntsville, AL
www.darque-ideas.com
I posted for "Get Medieval". That's the mod I'm working on. Unless an EMP hits my comps, or other similar disaster strikes, it will be in development. Still a bit of a lone wolf project right now.

Though, I have found the community to be helpful with questions I have. Seems better to ask about something you are working on yourself, than to ask them to build it for me.

Just had to get that cleared up.

Last edited:

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
We (Unreal Kart team) are still looking for a concept artist, so if you are intrested Crimson_Ghost let me know. That drawing is really cool, I wish I could draw like that

unconnected

Jul 18, 2004
sent you a PM about your work.. really looks good and we would love to talk to you further about getting you on board.

cheers

JackReacher

[SAS Mod]
Oct 16, 2001
The Sanitarium
[SAS]Solid Snake said:
Lol :) Definately chose the wrong POV to take it because in fact, I can code, 2D/3D model, use UnrealEd 3.0 and do concept art, and on top of that I also do sound development.

Agreed, myself i can map, 2D/3D art, and do concept art if needed.

But i agree, to start a mod and rely on the community to pull you out when things get tough is laughable.

Awesome drawing though :D

Last edited: