FHI-BOSS-Cornerless

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
This is the first UT map I've made, so sorry for the simplicity of it :p

the problem is, the monsters don't seem to spawn. if anyone can tell me what's wrong with it, plz say it. My second map works ok, the monsters spawn (but I haven't finished the map ;) ), but this one's doesn't. Argh it's so annoying!!!

:confused: (me)

:stupid: (you)

Attachments

• FHI-BOSS-Cornerless.zip
    342.3 KB · Views: 28

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
The monsters dont respawe because the default game type is set to BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame while it should read FHI.FHI

Change it: View > Level Properties > Level Info > DefaultGameType

I guess it's a nice try for a first. Although it need lots of work done.
Btw: check your pm. :)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Meh, monsters still don't spawn, Maybe I'm using wrong type of spawn point :confused:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hmm ok.. have you tried adding a boss spawn?

Actor > FHIBoss
And you can select what boss to spawn in the properties.

If the monsters still don't show up, delete your FHI-BOSS-Cornerless.ucl file in UT2004\FHI2k4\System and see if that has any luck as there will be a new .ucl file generated.

Or perhaps someone from the FHI team knows what to do. :)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Dark_Dust said:
Hmm ok.. have you tried adding a boss spawn?

Actor > FHIBoss
And you can select what boss to spawn in the properties.

If the monsters still don't show up, delete your FHI-BOSS-Cornerless.ucl file in UT2004\FHI2k4\System and see if that has any luck as there will be a new .ucl file generated.

Or perhaps someone from the FHI team knows what to do. :)

I already have a boss spawn in, I'll try the second idea...

Still won't spawn the monsters :con:

Last edited:

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Erhm, I don't know how or what you added, but it seems you have found a MonsterPawn that doesn't work.

In fact, doesn't matter what kind of monsterspawnpoint I put in, none of them work.

I'll ask a couple of FH team members to have a look, cause I truly have no idea what is wrong

Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hm.. just got home... drunk..morre or less..5:30 am in the morning... hrmm :p
Now let's se,ee..

Anyway, i already have checkdde that too ronin, but just as you i couldn't get it to work.
Btw: also noticed tht there are 2 FHMonsterSpawnPoints under 'SmallNavigationPoint'?
According to parser, there shouldnt be 2. Edit your FHI2k4.ini and delete; EditPackages=FHIX or so.. (ty parser) and you'll have 1 FH spawn point next time u start the editor.

But i have tried lots of things, couldn't figure.. (ask turret about it) and i told him to dump that map and continue to work on his second one and future maps. :)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Dark_Dust said:
But i have tried lots of things, couldn't figure.. (ask turret about it) and i told him to dump that map and continue to work on his second one and future maps. :)

What do you mean ask me about it?

Anyway, I'm thinking of just changing back into the DM map that it originally was (even though it will still look simple ;) ) actually, just for fun you can right click to open up the perspective viewport's menu, and click show paths :lol: It's a darn web.

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
ok, though i didnt think this was relevent, i have had some small issues with this too, but i seem ok now.

When i started mapping for FHI version 1, there were TWO FHMonsterSpawnPoints under small navigation point in Actors, dont know why, but only one worked, the other didnt, so once i got the right one to work, by testing in game, i just copy and paste the same one over and over...it worked

Though in verison 2, the FHMonsterSpawnPoint didnt work at all? i tryed everything i could think off...arrrr, so annoying. Anyway, to solve this I eneded up reinstalling version 1, as they dont conflict anyway and using the FHMonsterSpawnPoint from that, saving it then loading it up in version 2, it wokred then (dont forget to rename FHINV-mapname to FHI-mapname)

Though version 3, dont seem to have any problems.....though maybe i should say i got all three versions installed lol.....just in case.

I keep version 1 for basic setting up and testing, as i can actually PLAY it from the editor, in version 2 and 3, it crashed the editor, so i have to save it, the open up FHI game exe then select the map and start it, just to see it in game! annoying, so i only convert it to version 3 when its near compleation, as obvously the new weapins etc are not in version 1 or 2.

anyway....guess my point is, if u cant get it to work, install version 1, find the FHMonsterSpawnPoint that works out the two, then save it back to version 3, monsters should still spawn....if it worked in version 1 :)