PDA

View Full Version : Time waiting to clone

cravensmythe
30th Jun 2004, 06:38 AM
Hey All

First of all I will say that I think this mod is great and have played it on my server for about 4 hours now, with both bots and real players.

My only gripe is the time you have to wait to clone after being killed, it sometimes counts down and then re counts down before you spawn. What I find this does is gives you loads of times when you have to sit and watch the location you died at for up to 30 seconds, which is a real bore and is the only thing that spoils what has been delivered so far. Is there anyway of reducing the clone count down so it is only a few seconds? I generally find any game that makes you just sit and watch instead of playing is a turn off, its one of the reasons I dont play vehicle invasion :( .

Answers would be greatful

Nick

Al[Demiurge]
30th Jun 2004, 09:00 AM
The counting down twice thing sounds like a bug, I haven't seen that problem here but I'll keep a lookout. Could you give me more information? Under what circumstances does the problem show up?

As for the delay in general, there are two reasons we put that in:
1. It's too difficult to steel clones if people respawn as soon as you kill them.
2. Having people spawn in together encourages them to work together since they start in the same place at the same time.

Jason[Demiurge]
30th Jun 2004, 09:51 AM
Also, you shouldn't just be limited to watching the place where you died. You can click the mouse to switch between viewing different players.

cravensmythe
1st Jul 2004, 02:54 AM
Hi

I can understand the time idea for the cloning and if the timer didnt restart(bug) when you you should be spawning, it would be great.

I'm not sure under what the surrounding circumstances are that cause the recount, because I am generally so engrossed in riding the crotch rocket(moscowboy) I dont notice anything other than the person I am aiming for!!! That is until I forget to jump off and wait to clone, I watch the count down tick and when I think it is about to clone it resets back. This re-repeated itself 5 times in a row so I was stuck watching my rival steal all my clones!!!

I will watch out for what may cause this, anything in particular you would like me to watch for?

Fantastic mod though, I left my server running it last night and we had a match with up to 6 real players and had a whale of a time.

The messages given tend to go 'whoo', 'yee haa','hurry up and clone'!!!! :lol:

cravensmythe
1st Jul 2004, 07:40 AM
I think I have found the problem, it is with one of my many installed mutators. I have removed all but the auto eject and the parachute and the reclone is fast and also it is bringing up the screen with the time to clone on it when you die, something it wasnt with the mutators on.

I will try and find which mutator is the problem.

cravensmythe
1st Jul 2004, 04:41 PM
FYI it is UTCOMP that causes the funny game issues, the game is now sweet :lol: