PDA

View Full Version : Newb of the Day

Zlal
29th Jun 2004, 07:11 PM
Theres always at least one disgruntled mapper, clueless commenter or someone just plain foolish hanging around Nalicity, and dozens out there in the community.

Just so we don't miss any of these moments of idiocy, I propose we document their posts/comments here, in this thread.

;)

Notice: I apologise if you are offended, but if you are in the thread, you deserved it. Go read your post, and try to view it from other's point of view. As for me, call me a newb if you wish, or insult me. I'm not bothered if I'm wrong, though I'm most probabl right. Is that arrogant? I don't care.

Zlal
29th Jun 2004, 07:16 PM
Todays entrys: 30th June, 2004

No. 1

Originally posted by Rotchiller
You know what? These maps suite me, my 2 brothers, my friend, their 2 friends, and my grandad(he plays this game, believe it or not ;P) just fine. We've played some good 2v2 and 1v1 on them and nobody has any complaints on texture use... what is THAT?

NC will not see another one of my maps. Right now that may leave Manticore(who, I might add, has no maps submitted under his name) cheering, but I don't care what he thinks because I've never seen a good comment from him...

Have a nice day.

can be found: Here (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7387)

Why is this n00bish: A case of a mapper who cannot take critisism, useful, honest or otherwise. Claims that a few friends playing his map make it good.
Most importantly, does not know what texture use is.

No. 2
Originally posted by Captain'04

I' m very sorry. But this map OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!
It' s really great, it' s fun and it rocks! It' s Torlan. OMG I can' t understand why people h8 this excellent map.

followed by:
LOL no sorry im very serious. this is my favourite map and i think its the best Onslaught map ever and i am not alone. Whole Germany loves this map lmao

can be found: Here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=132935)

Why is this n00bish: This person is saying that torlanparadise or whatever is a great ons map. This map, just in case you can't remember, is the official version of torlan with a few vehicles removed or added. In other words, a load of crap. This map does not belong on a mapping site. Yeah, thats right... mapping. Not ripping off and claiming as a map.

X22887
29th Jun 2004, 07:23 PM
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP REPLYING SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP ALREADY? IT IS MY UTMOST INTENTION TO FINISH THIS STUPID CONVERSATION SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP.

EDIT:

FINE ILL DELETE THE OTHER TWO STUPID THREADS OK ARE YOU HAPPY?????

why is he a n00b?
1.) the name
1.5)fictisious womanizing is the sadest cry for help an in the closelt hoosexual could make
1.7)it's written in n00b
2.) the fourms dictate when he sleeps
3.)he demand the last word

so sad

Zlal
7th Jul 2004, 04:28 AM
demon
07-06-2004 06:19 AM EDT Rating: 10
Nice map! In my opinion it is 1 of the best maps i have ever played. The look of this map is not as good as the original Epic-Maps or other good Fan-Maps but the Waysystem is very good and reasoned. In the end it is a map very good/nice to play. Try it!!

demon cu @ all
(I'm sorry for mistakes in my grammar - i'm german)

ARGH! map is worth a 4... it has crap, bland visuals and flat gameplay

Manticore
8th Jul 2004, 08:27 PM
Obi-Wan
07-08-2004 02:01 PM EDT
huh

Scott Hrivnak
07-08-2004 02:19 PM EDT Rating: 0
wtf? Ok, be original, not EDIT an already done level.

Innominate
07-08-2004 03:14 PM EDT
You'll get a flood of 0s soon just because you edit someone else's map, why waste your time editing a map when you can make your OWN?

Shadowlurker
07-08-2004 03:16 PM EDT Rating: 1.5
There is some original work here - some like changes in time or whatever as far as maps are concerned.
But having this is day ruined whatever atmosphere the map once had. Doesn't look scary at all in this light :)

nightshadow
07-08-2004 03:58 PM EDT Rating: 0
how could anyone deface a map this good? i wish people would not submit maps like this. there needs to be a NaliCity crew that checks incoming maps to make sure they arn't crap or copies before allowing them to be downloaded.

roy mcloy
07-08-2004 07:46 PM EDT
hey guys it was just a little bit of fun you dont have to rail road me

Manticore
9th Jul 2004, 05:32 AM
File Name dm-lin-chinatown.zip
Author lin-design

To Hazmat: What the Unreal Community needs is more open minded people like you, people who respect my style, and are not afraid of something different, also people who read the otehr threads before dishing out thier own "2 cents"

I'm already there... (yeah, right)

Manticore
4th Aug 2004, 05:57 PM
The three stooges vs. Shadowlurker and Hourences
VCTF-Wonderland
wilkooo
08-04-2004 05:10 PM EDT
Sorry I don't know those guys... wish I did :) (I instanly fell in love with both of them.)
Probably just 2 guys looking to start a controversy... but thanks for admitting my map was poor and "horrible" :P lol

muffintuff
08-04-2004 04:02 AM EDT Rating: 9.5
K man i really love wat u did with this, i mean u dont see alotta these kinda maps....and u really pulled it off. If you said u didnt enjoy this ur obviously ****ing crazy or just like too immature to appreciate how truley amazing this map is....awsome stuff man

tacoeatermachine
08-04-2004 04:08 AM EDT Rating: 10
hey i have seen maps before but this has to be the best. It is so good. It has a good set up, its fun, good weapon choices etc. What is not to like? Maybe you should get your ****en 2 inch cock out of your mouth and relise you can't make a map this awesome

****en commie bastards

Shadowlurker
08-04-2004 08:20 AM EDT Rating: 1.5
After those last two comments I felt compelled to try this.
And my conclusion? There is no doubt that this map is poor. It doesn't look anything more than average, and gameplay... what gameplay? Let's shove a bunch of vehciles in the map and hope the best? Maybe not, but it feels like it.
I'm sure with a bit more effort this could be ok. At the moment, however, it's horrible.
And now very over rated. Getting your friends to rate your map a 10 is just plain sad. (only way I can think of someone giving this a 10)

(And the offensive comments? Whats the need? People are giving honest opinions on the map - yours is obviously not objective. That or you should play more maps. The ones that come with the game are better than this, and even retail maps can be topped. This cannot be a 10. A 10 is perfect Is this percect? No way.)

Hourences
08-04-2004 11:33 AM EDT
stop flaming and stop getting friends regged just to comment with a 10 on a map :)

sandorski
4th Aug 2004, 09:39 PM
Manticore: Just wondering what's up with wilkooo and the Warnings about downloading his Maps?

sandorski
5th Aug 2004, 12:35 AM
The short answer is that that will be my response to any present or future pig-ignorant whinging wankers who can't take positive criticism and then get their friends to comment on their maps (if it is actually his friends and not him) so that they can screw the ratings and flame other commentators.

If you don't get that try going back to VCTF Wonderland. I wouldn't waste my time and bandwidth on talentless little ****heads who think they know better because they have managed to get their microdicks out of their hands long enough to actually install the game on their computer let alone play it; assuming they actually know what a computer is and didn't get mommy or daddy to do it for them.

Therefore my standard response to scum-sucking bottom-feeders like him and his girlfriends is that their is no point in downloading from this wanker. All you're doing is encouraging him, which means he will no longer be concentrating on the main game, which in his case should be committing suicide and leaving what breathable air that is left on this rock alone so other people can use it.

Understand?

hehe, ok.

Balton
7th Aug 2004, 01:26 PM
MORE!

The Purple Bunny
7th Aug 2004, 04:56 PM
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7572

Wow it looks so cool still ut03 mentality, goofy lookin thing.And no layout.goose2k4 and Incuvasion
slap this map around 1000 times better than this ut03 chromeball thing.or ut04? hmm
OK try this then see what you think
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7051
well to be fair i'll go halfway
final

Why he is a n00b:
1. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time he has edited his comment on this map. First he gave it a 2, then a 1.5, and now a 5.
2. He critisizes an author who made an original map, telling the author what to do, when he himself has not made any original maps that are good, or original period. His map list (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/view_author.php?aid=2590) consists of Quake remakes and a Deck 16 remake.
3. He claimed to have been around Nali City since "PU kicked NC out", yet nobody from back then recognizes him.
4. He likes men.
5. #4 can't really be confirmed, but can still be assumed.
6. Can't form a sentence to save his life, though we can bet if he lost it he wouldn't notice.

Bot_40
7th Aug 2004, 06:44 PM
More evidence about CTF-Aedes:

"I don't think i saw any antiportals,but if not use em for these outside maps,should help considerably." - There are around 14 actually

"and mabye delete the notes." - They take around 1-2Kb of space and don't appear or do anything ingame so it has 0% impact on performance

"and mabye get rid of emmiters on the lightposts only." - And have lightposts with no flames? :con: If you want less emmiters set world detail to low

"Somehow this map hurts my eyes,can't quite say exactly why,mabye sky is to bright compared to ground?I don't know." - Ever heard of brightness/contrast setting?

"seems like you could chop the meshes down by half and still have plenty of deco." - Again, set world detail to low. Quite impressive he didn't notice this since it's staring in your face as you click the download link in the map description.

Bot_40
7th Aug 2004, 06:56 PM
More:

"And I didn't like this map in Q2 however he still gets a 9.5 because it brings back the Q2 look"

"But BOT40 never heard of quake1 or quake2 so but yet he can cut down others levels of wich he has no knowledge of to make a review of them at all"

He also flamed desp. for not having a clue how to map or something along those lines.

"Tell ya that techmexo or whatever it is ,does suck,In this level has excelent DM action But you ut2003 noobs will never understand" (Crap Deck remake)

About "DM-NECROPOLISrf" (Ugly quake remake)

"is a 9 if you compare it the the original map" - Nothing like modesty :p

"of time goes in these Q1 maps even that it is a bsp rip" - Yeah, a lot more than a completely original map or a completely re-thought layout and theme :con:

Hourences
7th Aug 2004, 08:32 PM
you forgot the "i wanna swim around the map"
great ctf play, swimming in teh sea for 15 min to reach the other base

Manticore
7th Aug 2004, 08:33 PM
Genius at work.........
File Name dm-foresttemple.zip
Author )Hidra(

Map Description This is the remake of 007 temple in golden eye

WARNING this map is not a beta and its my first one ..

well im not Hourences
i know how to put good lightning effect but im poor for big deatail .. i will get practice thought

Bot are Well pathed and this map is huge

somme profesionnal wont like this map Because i puted The Double dammage amplifgicator just next to the 100 health

Its not this bad and i wish u can have fun in my first one thx for any comment . try it one invasion .. its pefect!
...........who appreciates all the help........
huh .. LOL NORMAL U KEEP HEARING WATER LOL this is like a cavern .. But i apreciate what is in my map . the waterfall sound is Very loud but not a (((Problem)))

Screw u Shoa dude .. man get blowed by zombi ... Gang of ******* who put all 0 or 2 on map that peple put hard work .. man this map is ****ing old .. okay man .. so give it a 0 i dont care if u a good maper .. but if u Suck nali 24/7 .. Plz shut the ****a

this is like this that maper get out of this great site Stupid ******* like Shao and Redfist

whe are saving the unreal games by making new map ..to ur disposition .. so have Respect aight so il have too

this map .. i admit it suck .. but its my first one u can't read dude .. is u never maked a Dumb map .. just *TRY* to Know how to insert a cube dude .. and then! .. seend it on nalicity ! .. and then .. i can laught

The Purple Bunny
8th Aug 2004, 04:22 AM
I would like to point out that he has ONCE AGAIN edited his comment, and the irony in it is priceless:

Checkmate & chromeballz have only put ONE map up here and hydra has 3 .

well to be fair i'll go halfway a 5 seeing as how is is well built and did get in the cbp
Still aint as good as is seems.
final

As you can see, he's trying to use the "if you haven't made as many maps as me, you have no place to speak" excuse, even though redfists' maps weren't even made by him in the first place. Irony here is that unless you make your own damned maps, don't include what you ripped off and made ugly.

This guy is seriously approaching CannabisCorpse-like status in n00bdom. I'm expecting him to take it further with a map full of rainbow colored penii in a field of gold as the song of the same name by Sting plays in the background. Should this happen, he'll hit his peak.

Bot_40
8th Aug 2004, 05:26 PM
"and If I found these levels on the web I would rate them highly"
wiii, nice thing to say about your own map. We should all rate them highly because he made them it seems :)

Manticore
8th Aug 2004, 05:35 PM
As you can see, he's trying to use the "if you haven't made as many maps as me, you have no place to speak" .
That's and original argument.....

I've never thought of using that line of reasoning.... but of course we all MUST make maps to get respect.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of using that "me a mapper" argument before?

The Purple Bunny
10th Aug 2004, 01:30 PM
The Map in Question (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7591)

I figure it would be best to break this n00b's comment down to better understand his n00bdom, because a n00bish one like this n00b needs to understand the n00bism we see in a n00b like him.

I'm not sure why Redfist does'nt make his own original maps, but I can tell you some of the reasons I stopped mapping.

1) you make a totally original map with hints of another map and it gets labled a remake of that map. IE. Atrodeck- this was a totally original map with a deck 16 feel but thats it, yet you all say its a remake of Deck 16.

I'll be damned. Back to redfist's Deck-16 remake, which is a remake, and you'd know that pretty damn well if you consider two things, which are pretty obvious and would only escape those who don't think when boobs aren't present:

1) The preview screen is showing the map's Deck-16 ripoff of a room. Same platforms, same design, uglier textures and subtracts. Raise the slime pit some units up, and voila, a "non" remake? That's like raising the lava in Eternal Caves up to the edge of the cilff and calling it "Atrocaves".

2) The map's name has the word DECK in it, if you bothered to look. If it's not a Deck-16 remake, why does it say DECK in the name? Very few maps have DECK in the name and look nothing like Deck-16, and that's including not ripping off those three platforms.

2) If I were to make a map that was as good or even better than what the pro mappers are putting out, I'd want to be paid some big bucks for it, but the free maps us amatures make are never as good as someone who gets paid to do it, therefore you will all say it sucks and it wont get played on any public servers. Conclusion is making a custom map is a waste of time.

First sign of a whore. Wanting money for a small job. Nice of him to consider the mappers at Epic as the highest standard of the "mapper" in general. Good to know that I don't have to spend a few weeks making something that would kick DM-TokaraForest in the balls, because now, it's just been proven impossible to make a pro map unless you get money for it.

3) It also seems that the people hear might be very technical minded when it comes to Ued, but as far as knowing what the gamers like you are way off base. For example I ran a RAGE Clan server for 6 months and I had alot of custom maps on it, some where my maps and the rest from other mappers, well the map Last Crusader][ by Kami which was on the Nali Hotlist and rated a 9, was never played, not once did it get voted on to be played, yet alot of the other maps, especially my Duel Drive map which most of you said sucked and TWRECKS refused to even finish his so called review on, was belive it or not the most played map on that server, and it was all unknown dudes from all over the world who were playing on the server, not just my buds.

Well I'll be even more damned. Who would have thought that putting a map YOU made, on YOUR server, for YOUR friends would be a hit on YOUR server? My God, call Ripley, he won't believe this. And of course, when you're an unknown on a server playing his maps on his server with his friends, it'll be because his friends overwhelm the voting by choosing one of his maps while the unknowns are outnumbered. All one of the asskissers has to do is pick a clan map, the rest will follow, because, after all, if he made it, and it's on his server, and you're his friend, it has to be a good map. Learn some logic, n00b.

So in conclusion, I dont make anymore custom maps because I know they will never be as good as a pros map and will get trashed here even tho they may be really fun maps to play. The only thing worse is to read the stupid comments by the so called reviewers here because if a map that never gets any play in 6 months is a 9 and one thats played atleast 5 times a day for 6 months is a (2 or 3 I think is what Twrecks said for Duel Drive) something aint right. You guys figure it out.

Poor baby. His maps got bad reviews, so he's giving up mapping, just like the guy who became a priest because he kept orgasming early and could never get another woman. Wuss. You just have no spine to watch others get the thrashing the deserve when they make a bad map or a bad remake. I'd like to see this guy find the statistics for every map that hasn't had any play on any server in existance for the last 6 months that got a review score of 9. But again, he's probably judging his own server, with a map he made, that his friends play on; or do I have to go through that comparison again?

Christ, n00bs are pretty fun to break down aren't they, and they don't stop amazin' us.

Frieza
10th Aug 2004, 01:44 PM
08-09-2004 09:11 PM EDT
Much better, then your crappy maps. But I'm out of here, no use to respond to such idiots.

EDIT: SilverHairDevil. It is a them of actress. Red base Brigitte Bardo, Blue base Old but beautiful actres. Huge bases, Like CTF-Playboy, but better. And super hard to score whit 16 player's.

EDIT: don't comments on my maps I don't give a damn of what you think of it, you and other's. I comme only to see those posts. And I'm having a super time reading it, plaine retards ha ha. All the mappers here that have posts some comments. Try the begining PATH YOUR MAPS WELL, not that ****e that I see. And they call themselft mappers LOL!. Keep them comming me and my friend's are having a blast!LOL!

Made in CTF-Old_Actress

Hourences
10th Aug 2004, 02:28 PM
good, some crap maps less then :)
also they flame us, and we cant start deleting every comment with a little of bad critique in, what a world would that become..
on a site with usercomments and things like forums people collide withe eachother and flame, if you could tell me how to fix that or where it doesnt happen tell me
the bigger something is, the more idiots and crap it attracts, perfect example would be the atari forums

NeoNite
10th Aug 2004, 05:37 PM
Comments made on dm-q2dm2, map was added on june the 14th 2000 :rolleyes:

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=3764

redfist
08-08-2004 02:24 PM EDT Rating: 9.5
For a redone level it don't get any better!!
unfortunate you dudes don't know how the original looks,cause this rocks.
very nice job
And I am rating these high cause no one else will, cause I have great respect for those who redo a level from a different 3Dengine.
More so than (how many meshes can I cram in this thing)
and after i found this author I couldn't wait to give him a high rating wich I was going to do a long time ago.I had these levels more than 2 years now on hard drive.

XepptizZ
08-07-2004 03:29 PM EDT Rating: 1
I'm a potato!!!

(redfist is just getting on my nerves)

CursedSoul1
08-08-2004 12:09 PM EDT Rating: 1.5
some people really dont know how to rate maps...

(and yes, redfist is really getting on peoples nerves)

nice map, 2 bad i couldnt rate more than a 1.5

SeeD
08-08-2004 01:49 PM EDT Rating: 0
This map sukz cuz the water texture isn't the same as the original. Now that's just unbearable. Shame on you.

Bot40
08-08-2004 05:21 PM EDT Rating: 0
lolol, redfist goes one further and now digs up a map from 2000. gj. I am not a sandwich.

ghostwheel
08-09-2004 12:01 AM EDT Rating: 0
You are so right Eduardo, this is just total crap, even tho the map is about as close to original as it can be, using a different water texture just ruins it, now if the dude would have added some extra rooms that made no sense and thrown all kinds of guns and ammo everywhere, oh and lets not forget a few broken and misplaced floor tiles here and there, well maybe then it would have been a worthy remake, as it stands tho the different water texture just ruins it.

Checkmate
08-09-2004 03:50 AM EDT Rating: 0.5
RedFist you really earned your self for the smartest person on nalicity.

Lol i guess if i want a high score from redfist i got make a q1 or q2 or q anything map.

after all i dont think redfist doesnt even make custom maps. Just remakes wich is boreing.
Why make maps that every one else as already done if you can come up with a new basic core of your map and get some ahhh's and ooooo's.

Shao
08-10-2004 07:56 AM EDT Rating: 0
a 9.5 ?? why didn't you get a 10 and minus 10

ok the results is 0 :) ty and have a nice day:)

)Hidra(
08-10-2004 10:51 AM EDT Rating: 0
i give it a 0 becauz the guy as maked the ramake of this dumb arena

and im getting tired of remake too...

Kinda like a motard circus this?

Manticore
10th Aug 2004, 06:03 PM
So much flamming... I wonder how many noobs maps didn't get posted on NC because the mapper was scared (*smart*) to not upload it.
A lot of people around here try to be constructive and reasonable about their comments with new mappers (and others) but they get the sh*t kicked out of them for trying to be constructive, honest and helpful.

When they do get flamed why shouldn't they retaliate?

A lot of these 'noobs' turn up with a ton of attitude and no ideas or talent and then sh*t on people when everyone doesn't see life the same way as them and make them rulers of the gaming universe.

Well I'm sorry if that offends you but I have no intention of standing by and having my intelligence insulted by idiots that flame because they don't get the reaction they want or don't allow others to have and express a point of view; particularly when the intention of that point of view has been honest and constructive.

They don't want to play nice so why should I, or anyone else here, play nice back?

The way to get respect is to give it, in my opinion. So if these 'noobs' don't want to act with some form of consideration for other users I don't have a problem with retaliation.

You go to any other mapping site and it's the same deal. You get talent and comittment and you get a percentage of attitude addicted hacks and idiots who think the internet was invented for their personal edification alone. Any other site has its percentage of good and bad new mappers too so whether it's here or anywhere else there is going to be a 'noob factor' who just won't play nice.

Personally I just don't have time for their bullsh*t anymore....

Bot_40
10th Aug 2004, 07:04 PM
Redfist is a m0tard. The end.

SeeD_already_in_use
10th Aug 2004, 10:01 PM
ahahaha
I loved ghostwheel's response to my post (Eduardo = teh me) :DDDD He even rated it 0.
Incredible how he makes so many and so little sense at the same time o_O

Manticore
11th Aug 2004, 07:00 PM
DM-Q1E1M5

Hotbeef Injector
08-11-2004 03:18 PM EDT Rating: 10
You know, I find it utterly fascinating how someone giving a dead honest opinion about this map is instantly labelled an "idiot" by you armchair reviewers.

Ghostwheel is bang-on correct. There is almost no point in being an amateur mapper because you "pro mappers" (as if the "pro gamers" weren't bad enough) and associated wannabes who have never so much as fired up UnrealED continually bash everything that isn't CliffyB "Ownage" quality, usually without even TRYING the map.
Armchair reviewers? What is this guy doing, standing up while he jerks himself off?
This guy has a good response to this wanker....
Hellscrag2002
08-11-2004 05:03 PM EDT
Sorry Hotbeef Injector, but you're wrong.

If you object to this site then don't slag it off, just leave. IMO Nali City provides an invaluable service, and the general concensus views of my own maps I have always found reasonable (once I get over my pride while under criticism).

ChromeBallz
12th Aug 2004, 12:07 AM
redfists' newest comment.

This time on DM-CBP2-Griffin.

redfist
08-11-2004 10:33 PM EDT Rating: 4.5
This is the one,It's too hard to tell bots from map,and didn't get into it at all,Probably built good,and I give applause for getting in the cbp but it's too eyecandy-ish for playing.but a nice map.
And what really really gets me is you can't open any doors I think i tried them all Lol.unless i missed it.
If I could just get inside of one of those houses to see whats in there,thats all i was doing while online playing heh.

too eyecandy-ish? "probably" built good?

Let alone the door comment LOL

He might have been sarcastic on this one, though with his track record, i doubt that :P

ReD_Fist
7th Sep 2004, 04:11 PM
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7572

Why he is a n00b:
1. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time he has edited his comment on this map. First he gave it a 2, then a 1.5, and now a 5.
2. He critisizes an author who made an original map, telling the author what to do, when he himself has not made any original maps that are good, or original period. His map list (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/view_author.php?aid=2590) consists of Quake remakes and a Deck 16 remake.
3. He claimed to have been around Nali City since "PU kicked NC out", yet nobody from back then recognizes him.
4. He likes men.
5. #4 can't really be confirmed, but can still be assumed.
6. Can't form a sentence to save his life, though we can bet if he lost it he wouldn't notice.

This map sucks so bad,but the true noobs here will really give it a high score,i changed it back to a 2 fricking nimrods,man all flaming ******* the whole lot of ya.

ReD_Fist
7th Sep 2004, 04:17 PM
redfists' newest comment.

This time on DM-CBP2-Griffin.

too eyecandy-ish? "probably" built good?

Let alone the door comment LOL

He might have been sarcastic on this one, though with his track record, i doubt that :P

It's another sucky map,don't you understand that,guess not.bunch of opinionated punks who thing there sh_t don't stink.
naleitcity

[RAGE]Ghostwheel
7th Sep 2004, 06:28 PM
Shadowlurker you do seem to have a talent of talking out of your ass and making up ****, it was not my friends or buddys who picked my map it was a public server, and I know nobody in Russia but yet they found my map and put it on their website, so once again flame all you want it only proves your jealousy.

And yes I'm the Noob of the month, so do I get a Dildo trophy like Hidra did?

PS. you say I got mad because of a bad review, but if you did your homework you would know DuelDrive never got the review it was supposed to get, and all the comments on it by average joes were for the most part pretty damn good, and considering I made the map when Heavens Edge was called a 9, and a year later when I uploaded it you were called Heavens Edge a 2.5 but yet my map was getting 6-7-8-9 scores, so if I had been able to upload when I actually made the map what would it have gotten? A 20, LOL, Dont be Hater and grow up please.

Mister_Prophet
7th Sep 2004, 07:10 PM
I knew these "flame-teh-n00b" threads were a shiit idea...nobody listens to me:)

and Heaven's Edge, in my opinion, was always a crappy map. A 9? Give me a Fcuking break...

ReD_Fist
8th Sep 2004, 01:36 PM
you forgot the "i wanna swim around the map"
great ctf play, swimming in teh sea for 15 min to reach the other base

Well,there is the shore halfway through the map,it is a good idea to have a sneaky back way,not "swim around the map"
was just a suggestion,but after seeing all this you guys are so far away from taking even the slightest comment,suggestion,god forbid if your ever wrong.

Zlal
8th Sep 2004, 05:10 PM
Well,there is the shore halfway through the map,it is a good idea to have a sneaky back way,not "swim around the map"
was just a suggestion,but after seeing all this you guys are so far away from taking even the slightest comment,suggestion,god forbid if your ever wrong.

No.

You claim WE don't listen?
Redfist, you (or possibly ghostwheel) are the most ignorant, arrogant n00bs who have ever set foot on this site. You are hypocrits, illiterate, hopeless.

Whenever we try to do things the right way, you two throw it back in our faces. Whats the point? The only wa you pay attention is if we start argueing with you. And even then you seem to have selective reading.

You suggestion is just wrong. Hour is a pro - he got where is he by listening to feedback. But sometimes, feedback is just wrong. Your feedback was interesting and I know bot considered it for a few minutes... but look at it this way - who would use it? It's pointless. Plus you could try to hide the flag. It's buggy. It's not the point of the map...

[RAGE]Ghostwheel
8th Sep 2004, 05:16 PM
I said nothing about this map and yet I'm named, why is it you still feel I'm the problem, maybe because your the arogant a-hole.

Zlal
8th Sep 2004, 05:21 PM
talking out of your ass and making up ****,
:rolleyes:
You've never done that, have you?

it was not my friends or buddys who picked my map it was a public server, and I know nobody in Russia but yet they found my map and put it on their website, so once again flame all you want it only proves your jealousy.
I'm not jealous. I don't map anymore. And even if I did, having it played on a server would be a bonus rather than my ambition. When I did map, I mapped witht he ambition to become professional, or at least become as good. I believe I was close with the old engine, though you can say otherwise, but I just lost interest. Lack of patience, I'd put it down to.
My point is, I don't give a **** if it was played on some remote, unheard of clan's server. Maybe if it was played on a big server. But it wasn't. Voting for a map means nothing. What were the alternatives. Given a choice between andaction, thorns and your map, I'd go with your map every time. Does that make it good? No. It makes it a map that has been played on a server.

And yes I'm the Noob of the month, so do I get a Dildo trophy like Hidra did?
Are you? I don't think I said that. Hidra is nothin to do with me, or nalicity other than the fact he was there when he flamed you. Don't blame me for him, me or the site.
Not very modest either. You forget Redfist. I think you've got stiff compatition there.

PS. you say I got mad because of a bad review, but if you did your homework you would know DuelDrive never got the review it was supposed to get,
Huh? It didn't get a 10/10 review like it was supposed to? It didn't get a good review? What?
I don't understand your point here.
And do my homework? Like you do yours? :)

and all the comments on it by average joes were for the most part pretty damn good,
Your average joe doesnt know much about mapping or gameplay. A mapper or a player will know more. Your point, once again, is not valid.

and considering I made the map when Heavens Edge was called a 9, and a year later when I uploaded it you were called Heavens Edge a 2.5 but yet my map was getting 6-7-8-9 scores,
Huh? again.
Expain in english. It sounds liek you didn't get good scores and now your pissed off. Tell me, what do you mean?

so if I had been able to upload when I actually made the map what would it have gotten? A 20, LOL, Dont be Hater and grow up please
I don't hate you. You amuse me. :)

And judging by several of your comments, you could do with some growing up too.

Zlal
8th Sep 2004, 05:26 PM
Ghostwheel']I said nothing about this map and yet I'm named, why is it you still feel I'm the problem, maybe because your the arogant a-hole.

You and Redfist are inseperable, and you two are the only ones creating conflict here. And who said I was commenting specifically about the map?

[RAGE]Ghostwheel
8th Sep 2004, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna make this my last post just to make one final appeal to you all, take it as you will.

#1 I came here and nicely ask you to remove the 0 given by HERBy on Atro-Deck2k4, why not because he should'nt be allowed to his opinion on the map but because his comment was "Idiots" which seems more like a comment aimed more at redfist and I than anything to do with the map.

#2 Here is another example of how you say we are wrong and dont listen, I think you may want to re-evaluate that. This is Cursedsoul1's comment on Atro-Deck

CursedSoul1
09-08-2004 12:57 PM EDT Rating: 1
hmm.. *sticks finger in mouth*
*holds it up in the air*
yup.

this map is a realistic 1.0 worth :)
both mappers dont know what the hell they are doing,
and even worse, they flame at everyone that tells them the truth.

Now you call me illiterate, most of you cant use the english language any better than us, as you can easily see here.

He refers to a realistic score of 1 and states its nothing less than the truth staight out of GOD himselves mouth.

Now go checkout Mr. Prophets review which was done after Cursed made his comments. I'm sick of seeing the lame comments and superior attitude of you european wanna bee's.

Once again Have a nice life and dont be a hater.

Zlal
8th Sep 2004, 05:48 PM
that won't be you're lost post :P
Cursed Soul's first language isn't english afaik. You can't blame im for that.
By iliterate, I meant you didn'r read our posts fully.
I don't control Cursed Soul either, and While I can say I think he score of one was low, I don't personally think the map deserved much more.

I don't care where you come from, or where anyone comes from. You're still a hypocrite, arrogant etc.

Balton
8th Sep 2004, 07:27 PM
Ghostwheel']Now go checkout Mr. Prophets review which was done after Cursed made his comments. I'm sick of seeing the lame comments and superior attitude of you european wanna bee's.

You've been sporting the superior attitude from point zero on. you didnt get what you wanted. It's your fault that this escalated. I've got several bad reviews and even made it into davidm's infamous "31337 unalinged lightboxes" list and guess what?
Since this was all for the fun of it and for the fun we had with ut I never complained since I wanted to do something that's better than andaction. Loosen your ego and start again.

Mister_Prophet
8th Sep 2004, 07:40 PM
oh geez...

Balton
8th Sep 2004, 07:52 PM
oh geez...

oh come on, we didnt have a nice "heated" debate since alexander and his cloudwars maps :D
btw. who deleted a few threads? mass? he's more hitler than the average buf admin(to zark: no, hitler doesnt work that way ;) )

ReD_Fist
8th Sep 2004, 08:27 PM
Go read here my post and tell me what you think

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=138076

MassChAoS
8th Sep 2004, 11:14 PM
btw. who deleted a few threads? mass? he's more hitler than the average buf admin(to zark: no, hitler doesnt work that way ;) )

Beware my wrath.

Really, you guys should find something better to do.

Balton
9th Sep 2004, 11:47 AM
Beware my wrath.

Only Luquado managed to be genuinely evil :P

Cursed_Soul
20th Sep 2004, 01:33 PM
#2 Here is another example of how you say we are wrong and dont listen, I think you may want to re-evaluate that. This is Cursedsoul1's comment on Atro-Deck

CursedSoul1
09-08-2004 12:57 PM EDT Rating: 1
hmm.. *sticks finger in mouth*
*holds it up in the air*
yup.

this map is a realistic 1.0 worth :)
both mappers dont know what the hell they are doing,
and even worse, they flame at everyone that tells them the truth.

Now you call me illiterate, most of you cant use the english language any better than us, as you can easily see here.

He refers to a realistic score of 1 and states its nothing less than the truth staight out of GOD himselves mouth.

Now go checkout Mr. Prophets review which was done after Cursed made his comments. I'm sick of seeing the lame comments and superior attitude of you european wanna bee's.

First of all.
Ive send an email to one of redfists flame-buddies explaining why i rated that map a 1.

And thats where our opinions crash.
Redfist his maps might have a decent gameplay, and for some gamers gameplay is enough,
But we wouldnít buy ut, unreal, quake, duke nukem, doom 1,2,3 and so on if only the gameplay was good,

No it has to be nice and good looking as well.
And trough my and most other mappers eyes we see that redfist lacks knowledge and ability to make good maps.
Donít get me wrong, I donít have anything against redfist unless he makes a comment that totally makes no sense.
And I am sure he eventually will gain that knowledge and ability.

Redfist gave a lot of the best maps out there grades so damn low that they make no sense,
To make it worse, he tries to find a reason that also totally makes no sense, sometimes his reason to give a map a low rating is actually the Ďeaster eggí that makes the map so very nice.
I do notice that he finally understands that if he goes against the crowd (and with those I mean 80% of the nalicity people that agree with each other at most points) he will end up the outcast.

And yes, sometimes red makes a good comment, and if you would look trough the posts, you would see that I sometimes agree with red as well.
When I look at a map, I donít look at gameplay alone, though very important, I look at the whole package.

Redfist doesnít know how to align textures correctly, and loses points for that.
Redfist his botpaths are very basic and donít need any thought of since most of his layouts are very simple.
Redfist his lightingÖ there isnít almost any, and if there is, there is no lightsource, light alone doesnít exist, it needs to come from something, like the sun, a lamp, glowing fireflies etc.

The choise of his textures are again very bad, they donít look right together, or arenít even textures that should be used for walls.
He doesnít know how to make things fit into one genre/theme/atmosphere.
I agree, you have to try something different to be different, but there is a line between a rebel and just doing something.
I cant say redfist belongs to the first, since his entire maps are just made without thinking twice,
Without adding any decent detail that make the map solid, without adding those little things that can make a map worth while.

I gave him a 0.5 for a lot of reasons.
Also because he flamed at the good mappers and giving their maps low grades.
Now I am getting flamed because I gave a 0.5 to a map, that I honestly cant rate any higher compared to the top quality maps.
But redfist flames at tons of other maps giving them grades that they donít deserve, but are you people mailing redfist about that? No.

If redfist makes a map that is really worth playing, and looks better than the Ďlets put water on the walls hereí maps he is making.
I even offered redfist my help since I do know everything there is about ued 2.0 and almost everything there is about 3.0
I gave him my email so he could contact me on msn, instead of that you people used it to flame at me.
And think of it, if I hated you or redfist, would I really take the time to explain all of this?

I donít like redfists maps, and I explained why. This has nothing to do with him, but his maps.

And if you look at the comments redfist gets, you should know that I am not the only one.

And if you know the past me and a lot of others have had with redfist, you could understand that we are rougher against redfist, he called almost every good mapper dumb (and worse), comes with maps that have the quality of maps that where released in utís first year, they just donít get near the quality of the ut maps that are released recently,

If he understands that, and actually put work in his map, he will get better comments, and if he finally respects criticism, and donít start flaming at a person because they gave advice he would have been accepted a lot better.

And I donít talk others down, unless they deserve it,
Like sending me that first email that had stupidness dripping off.
If it was a normal email, with normal words, and no friggin flames I wouldnít react with the words 'little child' or something like that.
If a mapper has spend time in his map, and asks me for guidance, advice, help or god knows what, he can expect a small review of what I think of the map, but no lies, I tell them what others might think, or even better, I tell them what they would hear from their boss if they made a map like they did, this can be positive, but also negative, but always the truth.

Yes, for a lot of people mapping is just fun and it should be fun.
But if a map is there just for fun, donít submit it to nalicity, because there are actually a lot of damn good mappers that will tell you whats wrong in the map, and most of the time wont tell you whats good.
This because a map is just as good as the worst part, and if a mapper would take the time to do something about the bad parts, his map eventually would look and play much better.
Again, I have nothing against red, and in my humble opinion the ratings I gave are right,
But that doesnít mean that I hate him or his maps.
Its just a look at a map from my perspective, and the Ďrulesí or Ďwaysí of mapping for unreal.
I really do hope that redfist will see the light and make awesome maps,
This way redfist will get my respect and the respect from others.
And we got a nice good looking map to play as well.
Also, the difference between the reviewer and me where only about 4 points, (0.5 and 4.5)
If his map wouldíve gotten a 5.5 or higher, I would gladly say that I am wrong.
But this time, I do feel that I am right.

I am sorry about that, since it pisses people off.
But if I learned one thing from mapping it is this:
You can never ever satisfy every person that plays your map.

Thatís all I have to say for now.
Take care.
Yoeri Ė Cursed_Soul Ė Vleer.

come to think of it, its filled with lots of bs, but hey we all learn :)
i just rated that map a 0.5 becouse redfist doesnt learn anything at all and makes the same mistakes.

nuff said :)

also english isnt my first language, and unless I take the time,
I make a lot of typo's, sorry for that.

ReD_Fist
20th Sep 2004, 04:48 PM
Well lets put it this way,I NEVER emailed ANYONE on nalicity accept masschaos
And I thought it was cool that you offered.
If the AHK dudes wanted to,then so be it,not my call.

Next,there were a few things wich I found That were very annoying with "atrodeck2k4"
after AHK put it on there server,one the water level wasn't high enough to get out fast enough in the heat of playing,Two,you had to squeaz through some crates,wich was another big hinderence,and some other things like a few walls and pilars you could walk through.
Now not ONE person here with so called experienced comments and lame scorers couldn't find or tell me these things,I found these out with one good session on a server,thanks to AHK for running it

Next,pure rediculas crap on those Q1 maps,first off they looked 100 times better than in quake,also when you say my bot pathing is poor I take it personly,but what do i know right?, but only if you knew,first of all I made some of those Q1 maps not resized for UT,so when you make bot pathing it was a nightmare to get right,because the maps wernt desighned for UT.But those bots all work allmost flawlesly.along with just tons of stuff i did to make them like the original,

Another map bot pathing is was very difficult to do was zonetube,but all these know it alls around here are so big headed all they do is go by the looks,however making those bots work in that map was awsome,i bet you couldnt do it.

And,just now that GEN II map all I ever hear around here is,oh but a redo should have improvments not just copy it,that map is the worst simplest redo of all time,NOTHING was changed accept removing the core and redoing it for "DM",nothing at all near as complex as redoing quake1 maps of wich I wanted to look exactly the same.You all seem to think it's just cut and paste,far from it,there were many aspects incorporated in those
"redos"
But again I didnt get any comments like"hmm seems ok but too small for UT"or "I think you shoulda used UT textures even though it wouldn't look exactly like q1",nothing at all just redo redo redo.

And EVERY map i have ever done the botting is done allmost perfect,even my dm 3pole level those bots go up and out a low grav zone naturaly,was very hard to get them to do that,I could move those lift exits or any item 1 unit away and they wouldnt do it.and again i never got any comments on the map idea,none.All because of looks.

And you think i don't take advice HELL I don't have enough time to make a new map,yet,and even on your map the best part IS the expolding barrels,but it looks like a typical ut04 map,the meshes and deco don't do a thing for me at all,it just looks generic.but i didn't go there and say "sticks finger in mouth,yep a 1" then post a damn 1,geez,then it's so daunting to you why I act so rebel.

then your comment on that ctf jumpad thing "lolz" "just lol" wtf is that?
and many other posts you do,nothing specific about the map.I would say I have never read a logical meaningfull comment from you about the map at hand.mabye an opinion or send them to a tutorial with no commited score.

Then that one long sentence comment you did on that ut04 fatuglymama map from AHK
that damn map was done ages ago all the walls were unlit,etc etc for the ut version
you don't think those guys know that !!!They redid it just the same as the one they did for ut,but it had movers,teleporters,triggered movers ,variuos secrets,and it was a quale1 redone map,but i didnt see any comment like "well at least you changed it around from the original,but it still looks awfull",no, you left some long ass sentence childish comment.so don't be pointing your finger to much.

Then you say my lighting sux,whats all the comments on your map say alot about?Hell I work on lighting like mega,theres more to it than you think,not just light sources,
i do have lightsources on the atroV2k4 level,but all you say is"has the same problems"
and it does have meshses in there,only as much as i wanted,you don't think i could have souped it all up?

and another thing,all these so called good maps i give low ratings,if your talking about altecomex,your right its a 2 on all accounts,it looks like a frickin cartoon,plays like crap,most stupidest map around.but check out achilies excelent map,or goos2k4 ,excelent map,but i saw you change your score there,i don't flame at all,but just because like you say 80% of the people say its good,doesnt make me follow the crowd,more crappy maps are aristocracy...PUKE,dumbest map around,all those coronas,terible gameplay,lets put it this way a best map or mapper is by vertigo,or lehmi,and that guy who did the cpb achilies,yes i do think,i do rate,and i will not follow.
and what you think is flaming is not.

Red_Fist out.............

Hourences
20th Sep 2004, 06:10 PM
right
there we go again :)

ReD_Fist
20th Sep 2004, 06:42 PM
right
there we go again :)

Nah..............no big deal............

Zlal
20th Sep 2004, 08:50 PM
"Now not ONE person here with so called experienced comments and lame scorers couldn't find or tell me these things,I found these out with one good session on a server,thanks to AHK for running it"
LMAO. Yeah, they were the only problems in the map. :rolleyes:
Look, some people pointed out loads of things that could be improved (in various places). I won't go over things now, but visually the map was A) a mess, and B)poor.
Gameplay wise, it was certainly not terribly bad, but it wasn't a revelation or score-saving. It was merely average. You may or may not agree with me, I don't care. But going around with the attidtude you have, it seems to everyone you think you map is the ****. And with that attitude, comes reputation and arguements.

Next,pure rediculas crap on those Q1 maps,first off they looked 100 times better than in quake,
No. They didn't.They looked identicle or worse than quake, which isn't good enough. They certainly did not look as good as other "good" UT maps, which tbh is the standard. If your map does not look up to scratch, it will not score high in that area, obviously. Surely you can see this?

also when you say my bot pathing is poor I take it personly,but what do i know right?, but only if you knew,first of all I made some of those Q1 maps not resized for UT,so when you make bot pathing it was a nightmare to get right,because the maps wernt desighned for UT.But those bots all work allmost flawlesly.along with just tons of stuff i did to make them like the original,
Totally BS excuses here - and yes, they are BS. Like I noted in the other thread, there is a difference between "This is not my best work" and "maps weren't designed for this game so was hard to botpath"
The fact of the matter is that regardless of layout, you can also botpath it. It doesnt matter what game it is (FPS wise) it's always, generally, going to have the same principles. The fact that the SP maps are being touted as DM maps is more alarming - SP layouts do not make good DM layouts and as such you can't expect a good gameplay score.
And make the bots like the original? whatever. I'm starting to lose my patience and any respect I had for you. Shear hypocracy and idiotcy.

Another map bot pathing is was very difficult to do was zonetube,but all these know it alls around here are so big headed all they do is go by the looks,however making those bots work in that map was awsome,i bet you couldnt do it.
Never challenge someone - if you are stupid/n00bish enough to do so, they other person is likely to be able to do it better than you and as a result and challenge is just pointless.
Sure, zonetubes may have required some more complex pathing, but that doesn't save the map, and it doesnt mean the map deserves more merit than it was given. Also, it's not exactly amazingly rare to find find this kind of pathing. Many maps have jumpads, etc. and a lot are pathed well.

And,just now that GEN II map all I ever hear around here is
errr....ok. A 4/5 year old map has been resurected. And people have comments from 4/5 years ago, when standards were different.
Look into things before you post.
And all you ever hear? WTF? Yeah, it's sat in the comments list for a few days. :rolleyes:

,oh but a redo should have improvments not just copy it,that map is the worst simplest redo of all time,NOTHING was changed accept removing the core and redoing it for "DM",nothing at all near as complex as redoing quake1 maps of wich I wanted to look exactly the same.You all seem to think it's just cut and paste,far from it,there were many aspects incorporated in those
"redos"
I personally think that both that map and your maps are poor. So sue me.
You have to realise than that map is probably about 5 years old. Wow, you changed a few things.
It isn't a cut and paste job, no.
It's a cut, paste, rebuild job.

But again I didnt get any comments like"hmm seems ok but too small for UT"or "I think you shoulda used UT textures even though it wouldn't look exactly like q1",nothing at all just redo redo redo.
Funny, I thought I saw posts like that.
And it is a redo. And nearly a straight copy.
Again, read/think about things first, yeah?

And EVERY map i have ever done the botting is done allmost perfect,
:o
Ever the modest one, huh?

even my dm 3pole level those bots go up and out a low grav zone naturaly,
Some advanced botting, congratulations. But... errr... seems that other maps have this in too, and have been duely credited.
And besides, pathing isn't the largest aspect of mapping is it? Technically it is a good thing and is credited - but a cube could have perfect bots. It wouldn't save it.
I would probably put a large amount of money on your bots not being as good as you claim them to be.

was very hard to get them to do that,I could move those lift exits or any item 1 unit away and they wouldnt do it.and again i never got any comments on the map idea,none.All because of looks.
You fail to grasp that the map as a whole was just poor. And people did comment on the idea. It isn't clever, it isn't new. It's execution was below-average. I've seen much a similiar thing done better and worse.

And you think i don't take advice HELL I don't have enough time to make a new map,yet,and even on your map the best part IS the expolding barrels,but it looks like a typical ut04 map,the meshes and deco don't do a thing for me at all,it just looks generic.but i didn't go there and say "sticks finger in mouth,yep a 1" then post a damn 1,geez,then it's so daunting to you why I act so rebel.
No, it's not "daunting". It's the classic "these people don't like/agree with me, flame/argue/slander" and it happens everywhere on the internet and in RL. We've seen it many times before here - every half a year you seem to some new guy who thinks his maps are better than other do.
As for cursed's map, visually it was nice but pretty average yeah. Exploding barrels were interesting but gimmicky. It's probably give it a 6.5. It was above average and certainly a good map.

then your comment on that ctf jumpad thing "lolz" "just lol" wtf is that?
and many other posts you do,nothing specific about the map.I would say I have never read a logical meaningfull comment from you about the map at hand.mabye an opinion or send them to a tutorial with no commited score.
Heh, and you're one to talk, huh? You cannot say ANYTHING about this, especially not after porposingly going and rating the whole backcollection of Hidra's maps poor ratings with 2 word comments.
I think it's childish and petty how you've been digging up skeletons and people's maps from ages ago.

Then that one long sentence comment you did on that ut04 fatuglymama map from AHK
that damn map was done ages ago all the walls were unlit,etc etc for the ut version
you don't think those guys know that !!!They redid it just the same as the one they did for ut,but it had movers,teleporters,triggered movers ,variuos secrets,and it was a quale1 redone map,but i didnt see any comment like "well at least you changed it around from the original,but it still looks awfull",no, you left some long ass sentence childish comment.so don't be pointing your finger to much.
Another poor map.
The screenshot submitted with the map, iirc, probably put people off the map. That was a heavily idiotic thing to do.

Then you say my lighting sux,whats all the comments on your map say alot about?Hell I work on lighting like mega,theres more to it than you think,not just light sources,
:lol:
Says the master of... lets see... unlit walls as light sources?
Redfist, what you know about lighting equates to jack ****. Contrast, shadows, radious, brightness, choice of light, choice of location, picking suitable and complementry colours... yes. There is a lot more. And Cursed knows a lot more than you.

i do have lightsources on the atroV2k4 level,but all you say is"has the same problems"
and it does have meshses in there,only as much as i wanted,you don't think i could have souped it all up?
Yes, you have light sources. But white lights with a large radius' do not make for good lighting, obviously.
Also, sure, you may have not used a lot of meshes and that may have been your choice. But if someone made a map with more meshes and equal gameplay, that map would score more.
It doesnt matter what you wanted to do with it, it's the final product that counts and nothing before. It didn't look good, plain and simple.

and another thing,all these so called good maps i give low ratings,if your talking about altecomex,your right its a 2 on all accounts,it looks like a frickin cartoon,plays like crap,most stupidest map around.
Whatever it's flaws, they are certainly many more maps that are worse and more "stupid". I'd point to your maps to start with, but there are worse still.
It doesn't look cartoonish, but yeah, it looked inconsistant. It had shortfalls as far as gameplay was concerned but it didn't play like crap. It was an open map, perhaps too open. It was a above average map with lots of problems.
It just seems you have something against it.

but check out achilies excelent map,or goos2k4 ,excelent map,but i saw you change your score there,i don't flame at all,but just because like you say 80% of the people say its good,doesnt make me follow the crowd,more crappy maps are aristocracy...PUKE,dumbest map around,all those coronas,terible gameplay,lets put it this way a best map or mapper is by vertigo,or lehmi,and that guy who did the cpb achilies,yes i do think,i do rate,and i will not follow.
and what you think is flaming is not.
Though fairly opinionated, this paragraph is arrogant and ill-thought out. We are entitled to our opionions, you to yours. But when someone makes no sense, fails to see obvious things and sets out of a hate fueled attack/flame war against popular maps, it is rediculous.
You do make sense. But you also make so many stuid comments.

ReD_Fist
20th Sep 2004, 10:21 PM
" it seems to everyone you think you map is the ****."

Not at all. and also youl never find me to say it's better than,others work.
"No. They didn't.They looked identicle or worse than quake,"

wich is one of those unfounded comments,I still have Glquake installed,lighting much better from new engine,used detail textures added to the old ones.
"SP layouts do not make good DM layouts"

All those maps ALL were played DM as well,but your to young you wouldn't no how good they might be.BUT thats just me,and UT is a different game ,so mabye,
"And make the bots like the original?"

What I meant or what you think or,is within the game in quake such as mover times,shooting walls,water levels,mover trigger types and timing.To make them work like they should without hanging up or get stuck in the new engine.
"Sure, zonetubes may have required some more complex pathing, but that doesn't save the map,"

Agree,but people seem to stop at looks.
"Some advanced botting, congratulations. But... errr... seems that other maps have this in too, and have been duely credited.
And besides, pathing isn't the largest aspect of mapping is it? Technically it is a good thing and is credited - but a cube could have perfect bots. It wouldn't save it."

Why didn't you say that then,now theres a comment that makes sense.
"especially not after porposingly going and rating the whole backcollection of Hidra's maps poor ratings with 2 word comments"

Only AFTER many other posts and zeros and crap from him,you should of left them in to,and AHK,but he seems to get it now,I admit i purposly did that,but I originaly tried helping him on that one with the bad named mesh"the one that don't work,but no biggie now I only have two maps to collect zeros now uploaded here.
"Redfist, what you know about lighting equates to jack ****. "

but you didn't look at the quake maps,you didnt look at tankcleaner.again more to it than you know.
"Yes, you have light sources. But white lights with a large radius' do not make for good lighting, obviously."

Go look in the editor,another unfounded statment.
"It doesn't look cartoonish"

Reboot reboot hehe....
"fails to see obvious things and sets out of a hate fueled attack/flame war against popular maps"

that's why i got zeros,but ( I ) hate that map and other ones that are so called good,
it's not hate fueled.and I don't go post on the posters maps because i didn't like X Y Z map.
"You do make sense. But you also make so many stuid comments."

now don't edit the damn "p" in there it's a quote.

Cursed_Soul
21st Sep 2004, 05:36 AM
As for cursed's map, visually it was nice but pretty average yeah. Exploding barrels were interesting but gimmicky. I would probably give it a 6.5. It was above average and certainly a good map.

took the liberty to remove the typoís out of the quote

Letís just say that I wouldnít mind if the map got an 0.5 or a 6.5, sure a higher rating is always nice, but I donít need a grade to do what I like doing.
I do listen to peopleís comments, suggestions and even the flames,
And I wonít explode like those barrels when somebody gives me a bad rating.

I know what i did wrong in drathi, learned from it, and hopefully my next map will be better, or at least more satisfying to finish for myself.
What others think is a second, but I do want to impress people with what I build.

(And what I'm going to say now is not a flame, rant or whatsoever)
Most mappers set a goal themselves, better visuals, better layout, more awe, more original, more gameplay and so on.
And imho redfist doesnít have a real goal besides making a map.
Well, he goes for pure gameplay.
While most eventually try to create maps that can be compared to the best ones out there, red doesnít care at all.

You should try to create a map that focuses on visuals a lot more,
Aligned textures, solid look and feel, awe score, nicely worked out theme, light sources and that kind of stuff.
Just for the fun of it.

And Iím gonna quote redfist:

redfist found @ http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7705
09-05-2004 09:24 PM EDT
Like I said LB give yourself a break dude. I'm happy you learned something new, but next level send something after you learned 15 new things.

Kantham
8th Oct 2004, 02:28 AM
i was sure the name 'HIDRA' was needded to be mentionned there

once again , sorry for my speeling