PDA

View Full Version : help

Turano
29th Jun 2004, 12:39 AM
I just installed the mod and I tried to join a server, then it starts downloading the map. I looked in the maps directory and all the maps are there, even the one it tried to download, it had the EXACT same name. I even copied the maps to my regular C:/UT2004/Maps directory but still, everytime i try to join a server it starts downloading the map. WTF is going?

Turano
29th Jun 2004, 12:45 AM
i also noticed that the link to download FHINV 2k4 on the site links to a different version, not Version 3. better fix that asap :eek:

Dark_Dust
29th Jun 2004, 02:41 PM
I just installed the mod and I tried to join a server, then it starts downloading the map. I looked in the maps directory and all the maps are there, even the one it tried to download, it had the EXACT same name. I even copied the maps to my regular C:/UT2004/Maps directory but still, everytime i try to join a server it starts downloading the map. WTF is going?

You are connecting to a server which is still running version FHI2.
Servers with version 2 should actually not be shown in v3, this is a known problem. These versions are not compatible with each other.
A v3 server should probably have FHIv3 or something like that in it's name.. hopefully.. it's annoying enough.

Hm..o_O
FHI does have it's own folder inside ut2004, don't copy anything into your regular directory.
Version 2 = UT2004\FHIMod
Version 3 = UT2004\FHI2k4
Get rid of the FHI maps in your UT2004\Maps folder to avoid conflicts.
Run the 'uninstall FHI2k4 v1' batch from FHI2k4 folder.

If i may give a tip: RTFM :D

And before you make another mistake..don't even copy downloaded maps from v2 into v3. When you do connect to a v3 server, you prolly will get version mismatch with the maps you've copied or resulting in another "new" download.
In case you've already done that, nuke your FHI2k4 folder and re-install v3 again. ;)

Turano
29th Jun 2004, 07:41 PM
thanks for clearing that up. a few minutes after i made the post i pretty much figured it out, because i didn't know that it had just came out that day. I never had V2 installed since i reinstalled UT, so don't worry about any of that copying over or anything