PDA

View Full Version : FragHouse Invasion 3 - Mac Help Needed

KalenDarrie
28th Jun 2004, 08:46 PM
I'm a fan of htis mod and that I can't get this thing to work with OSX is irking me. I'm hoping I can either get the info I need or help with whatever fixes will be needed with this info.

When I first installed it, I did exactly as the instructions said and it wouldn't show in the community mods part when I started up UT2004. It did show up, however, when I moved the UT2k4Mod.ini file to the main contents of the UT2004 package. It showed two items for the mod(I deleted the files from my previous version of FHInv).

However, they don't work. When I click on either and activate, the UT2004 app closes and a Terminal window pops up. It says 'Unreal Tournament 2004 Dedicated Server' in the title of the window and it starts spewing lines before pausing and no more happening. THe firs time you run it, you get one set of lines, which I forgot to copy down. Any time you run it afterward, you get the following:

Last login: Mon Jun 28 21:19:13 on ttyp1
cd "/Applications/Games/Unreal Tournament 2004.app/System" ; ./ucc-bin server "-mod=." ; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
James-Watkins-Computer:~ jwatkins$ cd "/Applications/Games/Unreal Tournament 2004.app/System" ; ./ucc-bin server "-mod=." ; exit
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
[LIPSinc]: LIPSincInitGame
[LIPSinc]: Found files...
[LIPSinc]: LoadLIPSincDBFromDisk with 0 files
Browse: NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Jakob?team=255?Sex=M?Voice=XGame.RobotVoice
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 31194->31192; refs: 315426
Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Bringing Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 16855673.304091...
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Resolving ut2004master1.epicgames.com...
Webserver is not enabled. Set bEnabled to True in Advanced Options.
MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2004master1.epicgames.com as 207.135.145.6.
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.8.34)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7788 successfully bound.
MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2004master1.epicgames.com established.
Approval APPROVED
Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 12152
Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 12152
Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 12152
Master server assigned our MatchID: 0

I'm mystified as to what to do now.

Parser
29th Jun 2004, 02:05 AM
If you haven't already, pop FHI2k4Mod.ini back in the mod folder and rename it to FHI2k4. This is if you've followed the readme and extracted to FHIMod - sorry about this, there's always something we forget.

If that doesn't sort you I'll have to read up more about Mac computers or ask the Epic guys.

KalenDarrie
29th Jun 2004, 04:20 PM
Just tried the rename and replacement of the file, no dice. Not possible to just move the files into the main folders and run it like that?

ADDED: Just to be clear, no dice cause it didn't show in the community page. Not sure what mechanism in the game is supposed to be used in looking for things to put on that screen. Never modded myself.

Parser
30th Jun 2004, 01:57 AM
Have you updated to the latest patch or 3204? You do need those to get the mod running. If you want to try it from the Custom Gametypes menu, copy all the files EXCEPT CacheRecords2.ucl into the normal UT2004 folders. (Best done with the zip file)

KalenDarrie
30th Jun 2004, 02:00 PM
Yes, I have updated to the latest patch avalible on OSX(3229).

I'll try slipping it into the folders when I get home today. Might I be missing anything from the mod if I do it this way? With most of these mods that seek to set themselves up as 'on top' with regard to custom menus and other things(like ChaosUT), it seems to do little but give that dash of(to me unnecessary) customization.

Of course, I'ma minimalist at heart. ;)