Lockups and Weird Textures!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

farimar

Mar 19, 2000
Visit site
Help!!!

The problem is that I get frequent lock-ups at random places in the game (ie. I can play up to a few hours if I'm lucky before it crashes, or it crashes on the intro movie). It crashes when I am not even in a game.
Also, some of the the weapons textures seem corrupted.

I've tried reinstalling my latest video card drivers, downloading the newest UT patch, reinstalling directX 7, making sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware, IRQ conflicts, etc. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

Here's my stuff that might be relavent to the problem:

GeForce Annihilator Pro
256 MB ram
SB Live!
Pentium II 400
Windows 98
DirectX 7
keyboard, mouse, and other stuff that comes with all computers

I think that's all the stuff you might need.

If you can give me any help, I would greatly appreciate it!

------------------
\_,.='|Farimar|'=.,_/

farimar

Mar 19, 2000
Visit site
I think I should mention that when the game freezes, the mouse will not move, I cannot press CTRL-ALT-DEL, and the sound loops over and over. I have looked at previous posts but have found nothing definitive.

bullet2.gif

\_,.='|Farimar|'=.,_/

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
farimar - when mine was doing that, I replaced the video card and the problems stopped - for about 2 weeks. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Now I'm on Windows 2000 - and it hasn't locked up yet. It's been rock solid. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Paka - if you're not actually going to help, why do you bother replying?

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406