Could ya do me a favour?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
I am not authorized to see this page

Cool looks just like the error page!!! How did you get that effect?

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History

Beware the army of Giant Mutan Ninja Midgets!!!

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
okay, here goes:

I think it's a bit garish. The animated buttons are distracting and do not look that great anyway (same to your blue pearl background), your catch phrase, "may the (ge)force..." is a bit cheesy and otherwise overdone and the pic on the top left corner of the page seems unnecessary. Take this with a grain of salt. I like the look of more professional sites. this site doesn't say to the reader "Take me seriously", but, rather, "I just learned how to do all these cool new things and want to put everything I learned into my new webpage." think about it: after the cool effect has worn off, what's left? A slow loading page, unnecessarily encumbered with large graphics, and distracting design decisions. IMHO. PLease, I mean no offense, just thought I'd give you my opinion.

Kazuya4

Jan 1, 2000
UK
voodoo3.net
O but u do mean offence!!
Look i'm a novice at web design! My 1st time!! GO AWAY cos ya atttitude stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazuya

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
Okay when you ask for feedback what do you expect? Everyone to tell you how wonderful it is, even if it isn't? Hah.. I agree with Watchdog, the buttons are just tacky among other things... It's not bad for a first attempt at a web page, but just that -- a first attempt.

bullet2.gif

|elite|spyder913 #463784 - check out the |elite| clan at http://utelite.clanpages.com

Play on my server, Free Beer from |elite| unreal://128.208.57.212

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
I didn't look at your site, however, you subject title is quite amusing... that is, if you have ever read an issue of Bondage Fairies *L*.

bullet2.gif

Matsumoto[PuF]

"Nature has a way of eliminating stupid people... it's called [PuF]."

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
*wince*

You will get honest constructive criticism here. The local yokels are decent people and have no reason to lie to you (as long as you aren't trolling, which you obviously are not). You could probably even ask for help and expect to get something from someone if you asked nicely... even if it was only pointers on how to correct the faults mentioned above.

Good Luck!

bullet2.gif

Mute|PuF: Rumormonger for hire.

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
Look, I teach a class in hypertext developement--I meant no offence at all. it was constructive criticism. My first web page was had many of the same errors that yours has. Don't get defensive and close yourself off to the opinions of others--especially since you asked for my opinion (indirectly). If all you got was blind praise, you would never improve. I did not attack you personally, it was my opinion, I'm sure lots of people here would disagree with me. You do. I'm sorry you took it as an attack, it is my opinion and had nothing to do with my attitude.

thanks guys for the back up guys.

Zeitgeist

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
Matsumoto: Bondage Fairies! Hahaha! That is one messed up comic! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

With friends like these, who needs enemas?

Super(ST)Trooper

Super Like
Mar 3, 2000
Visit site
Easy there folks /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I think he did a fine job! I myself have never attempted to make a site, nor do I know how to! But everybodys entitled to atleast try /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif So keep doing what your doing GeForce /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I'm sure you will find ways to make your site stand out there like the rest !! Good Luck

bullet2.gif

Super(ST)Trooper is fragging like no other!!

I

ImagoX

I wasn't trying to stopm you Ge... I was trying to let you know that I felt EXACTLY the same way myself. Making a good site is much more than learning HTML (I found *that* out all to quickly). If you like doing it keep making pages. Web design is just like any other art form- the more you practice, the better your results will be.

-ImagoX

I

ImagoX

I wasn't trying to stomp you Ge... I was trying to let you know that I felt EXACTLY the same way myself. Making a good site is much more than learning HTML (I found *that* out all to quickly). If you like doing it keep making pages. Web design is just like any other art form- the more you practice, the better your results will be.

-ImagoX

Kazuya4

Jan 1, 2000
UK
voodoo3.net
Thanx Super(ST)Trooper i worked on it for about a week! It was quite easy actually!
I didn't have to program anthing, used Homestead!

Kazuya Or GeForce!...What ever u like!"

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I say you did a great job for a first webpage. I dont really think they meant harm so dont let it bother you. Keep going at it and yes I do agree navigation is #1 priority. Eye candy is nice..I have cable so it loaded faster than alot of peoples did. The links are distracting..If you can make them do something like that only when someones cursor moves over them then it would be the same eye candy but not a big distraction any other time. Again great job!! Also dont worry about it looking profesional..It is a clan website not ever going to make the 1000 hits a day so its okay to me. Keep going and keep up the good work.

[XII]TomCom

Feb 14, 2000
UK
unrealtournament.co.uk
It's a good site for a first attempt, much better than mine anyway /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
If I had any advice, keep it simple, with a colour scheme that u use all the way thro. Tables are a great way of doing menus, as they are much less messy than frames. Have a look at http://midniteclan.iwarp.com to see my site. I would also appreciate constructive criticism also if you have any ideas about improving it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Kazuya4

Jan 1, 2000
UK
voodoo3.net
OK then lets not flame!!!

I realise that ma site ain't that good!...Hey but we learn form our mistakes..huh!!

Any ideas for updates or whatever to spackle it up a bit??

Kazuya

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
You've got some talent with the gfx, but you're kinda over using it. Make everything consistent.
For instance, the links bar doesn't fit with the blue main page. You could maybe bleed the pages together, or just have one color.
Another is that there is too much activity where there should be none. The links bar is constantly moving, and that's very distracting.

Here's some advice, and don't get offended. Check out this site first, and get some pointers. I use this myself to spot little mistakes I make. Don't let the name piss you off, just try it.
www.websitesthatsuck.com

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM