Taking advantage of the Firefox tabs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I recently downloaded firefox 0.9 (or whatever the latest is), and love it. But with this power of tabbed browsing, I would like to be able to actually take advantage of it :p

I tried that extension (single window I think) but it does not work (apparently a lot of people are having problems with it), so now I just right-click and the like.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to set shift-click to open the link in a new tab. I am used to doing that from IE (but with a window), and it would help to have such a luxury in Firefox.

Failing that, does anyone know a good extension that actually works (for keeping all links in one window. It is annoying to have multiple windows).

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
one_gundam_war said:
I recently downloaded firefox 0.9 (or whatever the latest is), and love it. But with this power of tabbed browsing, I would like to be able to actually take advantage of it :p

I tried that extension (single window I think) but it does not work (apparently a lot of people are having problems with it), so now I just right-click and the like.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to set shift-click to open the link in a new tab. I am used to doing that from IE (but with a window), and it would help to have such a luxury in Firefox.

Failing that, does anyone know a good extension that actually works (for keeping all links in one window. It is annoying to have multiple windows).

click middle mouse button/scroll wheel and it will open in a tab