PDA

View Full Version : Environments?

voodoochopstiks
27th Jun 2004, 06:18 AM
I was wondering, on your site, it mentioned the wilderness, the highlands and the farms, are these represented by one map each, or is there some kind of multiple choice thing going on?

Something cool would be if the attacking team got to vote on three different maps within each environment, and the attacking team would be chosen at random at the start of a campaign. For example, say the beasts are the beginning attackers, and are attacking the highlands, they can choose to attack Southfall pass, Strongsure fort, or Saulin Forest. The defenders have no choice in the matter, and simply fight in whichever level the attacking team chooses. If the humans beat the beasts, they then get to choose where to attack in the wilderness, Leafstone Vale, Cobblebuck Road or The Wastes.

Names are of course only placeholders. This feature would give a tactical choice , that you could choose from depending on what kind of players you have on your team, and also a choice of taste, in case you think you have played this or that map too many times.

(I also mailed Brad with a suggestion for a beast, is it allright to post the contents of the mail and the answer here?)

HyPer[Eon]
27th Jun 2004, 12:25 PM
ok, you know what dude?
your signature image is far too cool, im sorry, it just is..

ill leave this to brad to respond to.

Samurai
27th Jun 2004, 02:27 PM
I responded to that mail. Didn't it come through?

Anyway, yes, HyPer is quite right. Your signature image is just way too cool. It made me say to myself "alright now, you stop this. Be wery smard. Up." The avatar on the other hand made me speechless with awe for like 10 seconds.

In response to your suggestion, I'd say that's a great idea and we've got something very closely related to that planned for way down the road. For the moment its something more like a tug-of-war between the two forces going between the farms and the wilderness. After the contest is over we may enhance the campaign systems to include something much like what you just suggested now, together with other features. For the time being its a matter of not having enough maps or mappers to pull this kind of thing off. We may not even have the three map campaign in place by the next release because of this.

In any case, thanks for your interest and keep posting so that we can see those ninjas. They kicked my ass right off of my body with a boot made of burning meat.

HyPer[Eon]
27th Jun 2004, 02:35 PM
<<<----- the shepherd is saying "HAAAAAAAAAA"

voodoochopstiks
27th Jun 2004, 09:15 PM
haha :D

I studied "Forum Pimpage" at Stockholms University as an evening class, and this is why I show such utter p0wnage :D

The shepherd saying "HAAAAAAAAA! OMG SO HAXX0RED" is very nice as well :D

(edit: Yes, I got the mail, but I was merely asking if that was secret information or if that could be shared with the info-starved public? :D)

Samurai
27th Jun 2004, 10:08 PM
You can if you want, but it might commit us to something that we won't have the resources to develop. I'll just disclaim it and say that "down the road" (a term I use perhaps too frequently) can mean anytime between now and the release of Duke Nukem Forever (sometime after planet of the apes happens for REAL).